5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MFT: Yes or no?

Redfour5

Reaction score
Is it worth $1,000?

For those of you that have a MFT, do you have any issues, watertight/dust issues? Other issues/likes. Seems like a good idea but I know it causes issues with tonneau covers. Would you order it again?

For those that have a traditions tailgate do you regret not ordering a MFT?

Thanks
It was on the truck I bought. I shrugged as I didn't really care one way or the other. I had read up on them and could see some of the advantages as I tow a travel trailer... Now, after four months, I absolutely love the MFT. No issues as a regular tailgate has roughly the same kinds of issues imho and having had tow of them on my other trucks since 2013. AND, I travel dirt roads. Give it up, you ain't keeping the dust out... hose it out later... I actually got a 300 buck tonneau that works fine. https://truxedo.com/product-detail/284901 I had a similar tonneau on my 2013/15 and there isn't any appreciable difference. Like I said, you travel dirt roads, it's coming in... And it is a truck bed, hoses work wonders in seconds... I almost never even use the standard way of using a tailgate.I had to go get some 4X8 panels and remember going, Oh yeah, I have to bring the tailgate down as I already just reflexively go for the barn door open...

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought (leased) what was on the lot - no time or inventory for ever exact spec - I would say that MFT is the only thing so far I have identified as a must have in my next one. Just a PITA to reach into the bed without one.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
It was on the truck I bought. I shrugged as I didn't really care one way or the other. I had read up on them and could see some of the advantages as I tow a travel trailer... Now, after four months, I absolutely love the MFT. No issues as a regular tailgate has roughly the same kinds of issues imho and having had tow of them on my other trucks since 2013. AND, I travel dirt roads. Give it up, you ain't keeping the dust out... hose it out later... I actually got a 300 buck tonneau that works fine. https://truxedo.com/product-detail/284901 I had a similar tonneau on my 2013/15 and there isn't any appreciable difference. Like I said, you travel dirt roads, it's coming in... And it is a truck bed, hoses work wonders in seconds... I almost never even use the standard way of using a tailgate.I had to go get some 4X8 panels and remember going, Oh yeah, I have to bring the tailgate down as I already just reflexively go for the barn door open...
Truxedo makes great quality tonneau covers. They are factory supplier to Mopar for the roll-up version.....not sure about the tri-fold. 🤷‍♂️

rightushook

Reaction score
Love my MFT, I wasn’t a huge fan of the looks at first but it’s really convenient since I’m short. I can reach the middle of the bed with it vs a standard bed barely being able to reach past the tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread