5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal clunk - suggestions

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am running Fox DSC with Clayton springs in the rear and I am hearing a metal clunk (grinding noise) in the rear sometimes when turning at low speed. Swaybar and links seem all good.

Any ideas?

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
Are your springs in the rear possibly touching when the body leans a little on a turn? I've been reading various posts on dofferent combos of lifts, and with the Claytons some people had reported the dead springs at the top touching and making noise. Someone had posted about some rubber wraps that you put on to take care of that but I didn't save the link.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am running Fox DSC with Clayton springs in the rear and I am hearing a metal clunk (grinding noise) in the rear sometimes when turning at low speed. Swaybar and links seem all good.

Any ideas?
Hi there, we can certainly understand how this may be concerning. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may investigate this further based on the symptoms you are describing. Thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread