5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory seats stopped working

Big Benny

Reaction score
You have no idea how much I appreciated this thread. I was getting so mad at my truck, but now it’s back to normal! Thanks guys!

crandall1970

Reaction score
Had this happen to me in my 2015. The fix was to turn on the truck and move the seat as far up as it will go and then all the way back. Then it worked fine after that. Dealer told me the seat had to "relearn" the max front and max rear settings. Give it a try
Holy cow! That was the easiest fix I've ever done! Lmao. This is the reason why I love forums. A lot of knowledge in a neat little package.

Curtis VD

Reaction score
I programmed my memory seats when I first got the truck and it was working fine. Yesterday I could not recall my memory settings. I tried programming it again and the system says that it is set, but every time I try to recall it nothing happens. It doesn't even show the message that the button has been pushed.

I also have easy entry/exit enabled and that no longer works. Anyone else experienced this?
I have a 2021 3500 Laramie and while running I moved the seat all the way forward, thank all the way back, set my memory seat, and everything thing works 100%. Thanks for the great info.

Webracin

Reaction score
Thanks @Slim!

Adjusted my seats all the way forward with everything off and hopped in the truck and memory was gone. Did as you posted and its all back! Works on a 2022 3500!

azzx

Reaction score
Did the same and now my seat memory function works!
thank you

Limitedrider

Reaction score
2018 1500 Limited. My memory seat stop working last weekend as I was cleaning the inside and applying protector on leather, I di move the seat many time to vacuum under the seats. Did work since. That trick worked perfectly, everything back to normal. Thank's

djcordel

Reaction score
Had this happen to me in my 2015. The fix was to turn on the truck and move the seat as far up as it will go and then all the way back. Then it worked fine after that. Dealer told me the seat had to "relearn" the max front and max rear settings. Give it a try
This worked for my 2021 3500! Thank you so much

Squirrel tag

Reaction score
Thank you. Moving the seat to “relearn the positions worked!

Users who are viewing this thread