5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MDS Question

Ccm12

Reaction score
Mine never kicks in above 45-50 mph.. and even then it's rarely. I need dead level ground or downhill and it'll kick in for maybe 30 seconds to a minute, then kicks back out.. almost feels like a misfire. I've played around trying to keep it engaged.. but rarely can maintain speed for any length of time with it engaged.
This is my truck as well

Bassinb

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, why doesn't MDS kick on while the truck is parked and idling? It would seem that with no load on the engine, 4 cylinders would be fine for idling in Park...

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, why doesn't MDS kick on while the truck is parked and idling? It would seem that with no load on the engine, 4 cylinders would be fine for idling in Park...
It's likely the fuel savings at idle are minimal. The other possibilities are it idles like crap and vibrates the truck, it can't maintain proper oil pressure, also the drone from the exhaust would be a lot more noticeable without road noise to drown it out

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Have to disagree with this. The Eco light always comes on/off with MDS in my truck. You can hear / feel the MDS kick on/off and it always corresponds with the ECO light.
This is my exact experience. The ECO light corresponds to a change I can hear and feel.

An easy way to test this for everyone is to get into ECO mode with the light on, select the gear select button to override the shifting (I set it to -8), and you will hear/feel the change as you toggle between ECO on and ECO off.

Users who are viewing this thread