5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe a great time to buy...

Barney556180

Reaction score
Dealers say they're being forced to buy cars they don't want, but company says profits have never been better. For buyers, it's a great time to negotiate.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Dealers say they're being forced to buy cars they don't want, but company says profits have never been better. For buyers, it's a great time to negotiate.

Just read this yesterday and was thinking the same thing. Buyers market.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well maybe between Xmas and New Years some poster will tell us his great deal.

camaro430sut

Reaction score
I'm picking up a Laramie night edition crew cab 6'4 bed for 20% off MSRP Satirday. It was the most simple negotiation process I wish I tried for more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Don't be fooled. Truck prices are artificially engorged to take advantage of the demand. While car prices have risen 28% in the last 10 years, truck prices have risen over 61%. Like most things in the world, when it comes to money or taking more of yours, it's all smoke and mirrors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/ausbav

derp

Reaction score
Be careful. Anything on the lot for a while will have a backlog of known defects that wont be addressed when you take ownership. Get the newest build date you can off the lot.

camaro430sut

Reaction score
I took it for a weekend, some issues presented and were remedied before delivery

derp

Reaction score
Give me 30k, ill give you a 2016 and hit you with a baseball bat. It will be cheaper and you'll spend less time in the shop. May even hurt less.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Give me 30k, ill give you a 2016 and hit you with a baseball bat. It will be cheaper and you'll spend less time in the shop. May even hurt less.
I hope this 2020 is worth 30K in 2-3 years when I dump it (if not before) I suspect it's going to be a tough trade.

Steve376

Reaction score
I'm picking up a Laramie night edition crew cab 6'4 bed for 20% off MSRP Satirday. It was the most simple negotiation process I wish I tried for more.

Same here. I just got my Laramie Night Edition yesterday. MSRP was $60k, got it for just under $48k. If I wasn't picky about the color/options I'm positive I could got another 1-2k off the sticker, but I wanted flame red with the 3.92 LSD, so pickings were slim unless I did a custom order.

Overall, I'm very happy. I'm sure you will be too.

Steve376

Reaction score
A 19 or a 20?

It's a 2020. In the Midwest most of the 2020 Laramies are advertised around 10k off currently, with the more optioned ones stretching a bit higher than that.

I haggled another $1,000 off, and got $500 for being a returning lessee.

camaro430sut

Reaction score
A solid deal. MSRP on mine was 64k, they were a little over 10k off, after negotiations we got to around 20% off

JustMe

Reaction score

Car and Driver talking smack while "in cahoots" with FCA . . . hope there's room on the "Bed" as pretty soon Le French will be making "3-somes" in vogue once again ? I don't "trust" the big Car Magazines to tell the "truth" in all instances . . . it's in their nature to keep the cash-flow coming from all the major car manufacturers ! Someone said at least once, "Follow the Money . . . !" 'Dealers say . . . + . . . but company says . . .' - < this statement is Very Contradictory ! As usual, IMHO with a helping handful of course sea salt ! ;)
"Deals" have been fairly nice to consumers BEFORE this "revelation" came out of the corporate closet !

Users who are viewing this thread