5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May have found the " open door noise " source....

Tgl211

Reaction score
There is another thread by a member here with specific instructions on how to reallign the doors. I gave that info to my dealer and they were able adjust them for a better seal. I will locate and post the info this weekend.

Tgl211

Reaction score
Quote from Bighorned earlier in this thread

Ok so I fixed the wind noise from my drivers side door up top. The strikes can be adjusted but that wasn't the main issue. The door was off at the hinges. Comparing the top of the driver's door to drivers side passenger door the front drivers door was off by about an 1/8 of an inch lower than passenger door. Loosened bolts on drivers door supported it with jack and pad. She lined right up. Adjusted striker and no more wind noise and looks a hell of a lot better too. Just an fyi fellas.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I tried the foam weather stripping and did not have any luck. Im seriously disappointed in the quality of this truck. Since this is not a safety or mechanical issues I really dont think Ram is going to address it. I think they need a thicker weather strip around the door.

rsuazo

Reaction score
Ok so I fixed the wind noise from my drivers side door up top. The strikes can be adjusted but that wasn't the main issue. The door was off at the hinges. Comparing the top of the driver's door to drivers side passenger door the front drivers door was off by about an 1/8 of an inch lower than passenger door. Loosened bolts on drivers door supported it with jack and pad. She lined right up. Adjusted striker and no more wind noise and looks a hell of a lot better too. Just an fyi fellas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hi Bighorned - as far as the hinges go - did you loosen the bolts on BOTH the door and the truck sides of the hinge? Or just one side of the hinge to get it to fall into place? Thanks!

Bighorned

Reaction score
I loosened up the ones on the truck only.
5ef42363867e45294cbdc92df28f78cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And you adjusted the strike too? I loosened my boots but the strike didn’t seem to move. Did you oblong or file the holes larger?

Nibis

Reaction score
Yep that’s the stuff! The oem weatherstripping has a metal backing, get your fingers behind that and pull it out, then stuff the foam rope behind it. I went from my finger to the black road grime spot above the weatherstripping (or the White string hanging from the ceiling in the background). It was such a large gap between the door and oem weatherstripping that placing the 3/8” foam rope in there didn’t even push the door out beyond the rear door when closed! Still flush as you can see in the pic from outside the truck with doors closed.
I also did this on the bottom of the door and to the rear doors where I saw that the oem stripping was not rubbing on the door.
View attachment 47192 View attachment 47191
How hard do you have to pull on that seal, I'm afraid to rip it, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread