5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max tire size on 18in stock wheels and off road package.

notilloc

Reaction score
I have been searching for hours and I can't find an answer on this. My truck came with the 32in falkens and they're pretty worn out and it's time for new tires. I would assume I can fit 33in tires (275/70/18) but can I go bigger without a level? I tow too often to get a leveling kit but I'd also like to stuff as big of a tire as possible without rubbing. Has anyone tried to fit a 34 (295/70/18) on a stock off-road package?

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I haven't installed my 33's yet but I have stock suspension and from my research on here they should be fine. ORG adds a 1" Lift so my assumption is you can go 34's. I will be adding a 2" level probably around the same time I swap out the wheels so that makes a difference but as far as 33's go I believe you're fine. 35's may be a stretch but I have seen some guys here run that with small modifications (heat gun/zip ties).

moparleo51

Reaction score
i have the rebel wheels on my org ram and its fine, no lift . i think they are about32.4

notilloc

Reaction score
I saw this one but he has air and I have standard coils. Figured that would cause differences.

notilloc

Reaction score
I haven't installed my 33's yet but I have stock suspension and from my research on here they should be fine. ORG adds a 1" Lift so my assumption is you can go 34's. I will be adding a 2" level probably around the same time I swap out the wheels so that makes a difference but as far as 33's go I believe you're fine. 35's may be a stretch but I have seen some guys here run that with small modifications (heat gun/zip ties).
Thanks, I'm not woried about 33s at all but I'd love to be able to squeeze in a 295/70/18 or even better 285/75/18 and I'm hoping someone has tried it on an off road

Last edited:

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm not woried about 33s at all but I'd love to be able to squeeze in a 295/70/18 or even better 285/75/18 and I'm hoping someone has tried it on an off road
I typo'd 33's instead of 34 when I said "I believe you're fine". What I meant by my post was, if I can do 33's no problem stock, you should be able to do 34's (because your factory 1" lift). But like I said 35's would be tight or not possible at all.

I have not seen anyone with stock ORG run 35's. The ones that do, have 2" level.

EDIT: Found this. Looks like it can be done. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread