5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max speed limit from factory 105mph?

GM convert

Reaction score
Anyone else go fast? Mine shuts down at 105. Are there any tuners that can change this? Thanks.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe our trucks are governed to the max speed of our tires, makes sense.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I had a Superchips for my 03, and never needed a new PCM... it stored the factory values and made the changes... and it also uped the speedo governor from 112 to 145-150. I got it to spin the rollers on the dyno at 145. I have not started checking for my 19....

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
I had a Superchips for my 03, and never needed a new PCM... it stored the factory values and made the changes... and it also uped the speedo governor from 112 to 145-150. I got it to spin the rollers on the dyno at 145. I have not started checking for my 19....
The new '19's are locked and can't just plug in a tuner like the older models. Not saying it won't be done in the future but currently you have to send your PCM/ECU in for reprogramming.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
The new '19's are locked and can't just plug in a tuner like the older models. Not saying it won't be done in the future but currently you have to send your PCM/ECU in for reprogramming.
Takes all the fun away, like the first hemis having 2 pcms, so no aftermarket touched them

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

2016+ are locked and require replacing. None of my other vehicles were like that so it did come as a shock to me. :(

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I just went to the Superchips website, and see a tuner for the 2019 that would do limited things, but one was to Speed/Rev Limiter options... without a PCM, this is close to what I had for my 2003 Ram 5.7

From Superchips website. This is for the Flashcal options, (not the paq) price is 249.95, the flashpaq is 499.95 (includes PCM swap), DashPaq is $719.95 (includes PCM swap)

If you are a 2019 Ram 5.7L New Body truck owner who is looking for a device to help calibrate for your large aftermarket tires, read/clear trouble codes, adjust your speed limiter and more, then look no further. The Flashcal for Truck is a product designed to give features and calibration tools to truck owners at a great price. The days of clunky, outdated calibration tools are over. Flashcal has trucks covered and the market cornered with quality and pricing that can't be matched.

Corrects speedometer for tire upgrades between 25- 40*
Speedometer recalibration for gear /axle swaps *
Speed/Rev Limiter Options *
Idle Up *
TPMS Options *
Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes
Digital Battery Voltage Display
Real time Data Logging
Real Time Data Monitoring
Upgradeable to Flashpaq Tuning **

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score
Mine caps at 104MPH, but my stock OEM tires are rated at 130MPH so I am guessing it is just what some engineer thought was acceptable.

The speed governor is set that low to keep the driveshaft from coming apart. These long alum. 1pc driveshafts cannot handle being spun very fast, and will reach their critical speeds over 100+mph (especially if the truck has 3.92 gears).

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just went to the Superchips website, and see a tuner for the 2019 that would do limited things, but one was to Speed/Rev Limiter options... without a PCM, this is close to what I had for my 2003 Ram 5.7

From Superchips website. This is for the Flashcal options, (not the paq) price is 249.95, the flashpaq is 499.95 (includes PCM swap), DashPaq is $719.95 (includes PCM swap)

If you are a 2019 Ram 5.7L New Body truck owner who is looking for a device to help calibrate for your large aftermarket tires, read/clear trouble codes, adjust your speed limiter and more, then look no further. The Flashcal for Truck is a product designed to give features and calibration tools to truck owners at a great price. The days of clunky, outdated calibration tools are over. Flashcal has trucks covered and the market cornered with quality and pricing that can't be matched.

Corrects speedometer for tire upgrades between 25- 40*
Speedometer recalibration for gear /axle swaps *
Speed/Rev Limiter Options *
Idle Up *
TPMS Options *
Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes
Digital Battery Voltage Display
Real time Data Logging
Real Time Data Monitoring
Upgradeable to Flashpaq Tuning **

make sure you read what those "*" mean ::
*Features may vary based on year, make, & model. (aka if the RAM PCM is locked, you can't edit it).

:: https://superchips.com/shop/flashpaq-f5-for-2019-ram-1500-5-7l-hemi-engine-8-speed-only
on the above page, you can either order a replacement or sends yours in for editing (voiding your warranty typically).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online