5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massachusetts Dealer Service Dept

kevinssaco

Reaction score
I bought my truck at Acton and I got by far the best all in deal I could find in MA there. I had a chevy lease trade in and they matched my buy out price so I had no out of pocket for a competitive lease. Every other dealer was thousands less on trade in. So buying wise it was a great experience. But I will say every time I went there during the purchase it was 1-2.5 hours. They certainly take their time.

In terms of service. I have been twice.

First time I was there for some bubbling clear coat in the fenders. They use colonial auto body across the street. They had my truck for 2 weeks. The body shop was backed up and I was not scheduled in until I brought the truck. I wish that had schedule me for the body shop and then just had me drop off for the day or so the body shop needed it. I didn't get much communication updates from them which was annoying. When I did finally go to pick it up my adviser was not there and they just basically sent me on my way.

Second time was for the water leaking into the front drivers side. I dropped it of last Monday. I had a different service adviser this time and his communication was excellent. I got almost daily updates and he was very thorough in his explanations. I was much happier with this experience. However, I went to pick it up yesterday and this is when I ran into some problems. My adviser told me he would have the truck detail for me inside and out as the trouble shooting process made a mess. I agreed. He admitted he did not look over the truck before I showed up for pick up after the detail was complete. They use a third part detail company. I opened the drivers door and there was a white substance all down the side of the dash and drivers door. The inside was clearly NOT detailed. At some point my driver seat was also scratched. On tot he outside there was surface scratches all over the clear coat. It was obvious they did not was the truck and just used a spray wax on a dirty surface. Needless to say I was not pleased. So they kept my truck and are supposedly detailing it today. Also they ordered the seat cover and will be replacing that as well.

Take my experience as you will. Tried to make my description as objective as possible. I will say that the delays/issues (aside from the scratched seat) were caused by third party vendors and not the dealer themselves (although they maybe should use different third parties). Based on my experience thus far I am going to try 495 Jeep in Lowell for my next warranty/service work and see if I have a better experience.

Another side note they do not have any Ram loaner cars. First time I was stuck in a 2016 jeep patriot. It was the worst. I can see why they don't make them anymore. Second time they put me in a 2018 grand cherokee laredo e. Seems to be the nicest loaner they have. I just wish they had rams for loaners as I need a truck a decent amount for personal use and having a loaner for 2 weeks at a time isn't ideal.

Good to know! It's so hard finding good service these days! Nobody seems to care about someone else's property. You can bet your a$$ if it was their truck or one of their buddies a lot more care and detail would have happened to begin with. It really is a crap shoot around here these days! I have had great luck with a body and detail shop in Marlborough called Ultra Shine. Have brought 3 vehicles there and have always been treated well and their work is always above and beyond standard! And they have Enterprise rentals right in shop!

BostonBLS

Reaction score
Good to know! It's so hard finding good service these days! Nobody seems to care about someone else's property. You can bet your a$$ if it was their truck or one of their buddies a lot more care and detail would have happened to begin with. It really is a crap shoot around here these days! I have had great luck with a body and detail shop in Marlborough called Ultra Shine. Have brought 3 vehicles there and have always been treated well and their work is always above and beyond standard! And they have Enterprise rentals right in shop!

UPDATE:

Finally got my truck back last week. They went through and polished the whole truck and did an actual detail. Paint turned out really well. So I was happy with that.

But per usual they can't seem to send me on my way without something going wrong. They managed to damage the plastic hood trim on my sport hood. No idea how they did it. but it is damaged. So they had to order a new trim piece and now off to the dealer again next week to install that trim and the replacement seat cover which they damaged the first time around. Fingers crossed nothing else is damaged. Plus I have to re-plastidip the chrome. So more work for me...yay!

Needless to say I probably won't use them for service again. I do have a free oil change from them but even considering not going for that. Not sure the $40 is worth saving.

For future warranty work I am going to try 495 JCDR in Lowell. See if they are any better, but hopefully I won't have anymore warranty work.

Users who are viewing this thread