5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massachusetts Dealer Service Dept

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Could find recommendations in search so thought I’d start a thread.

Anyone know of any great RAM service departments in the Massachusetts or RI area? List your experiences here with dealer, location, and service person/mechanic.

Looked on dealerrater, but for some reason I trust you guys more.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's actually a dealer service rating thread out there specifically for this. Not sure if your area is on the list, but it's probably worth the check out.

gatesb77

Reaction score
Acton cjd sales was really good. Going there soon to check out service department to get a recall taken care of. Want to try them out since service dept has one late night a week and open Saturdays.

Previously went to Brigham Gill in Natick with my charger and they were ok. I’d stay clear of Grava in Medford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Guys,

If you could, please post your dealer experiences on the thread below, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Guys,

If you could, please post your dealer experiences on the thread below, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,
There's like 3000 dealerships. Is there any way to break down that thread so people don't have to search hundreds of posts? Enforce tags with State name or create a section in the forum with sub sections for regions of the country?

Benji80

Reaction score
Don't go to Ron Bouchard in Fitchburg. They can't figure anything out and are rude and incompetent. Salvador in Gardner was very good and helpful.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
There's like 3000 dealerships. Is there any way to break down that thread so people don't have to search hundreds of posts? Enforce tags with State name or create a section in the forum with sub sections for regions of the country?
All you have to do is search "Dealer Service Experience" + State. It will pull it up if there.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Don't go to Ron Bouchard in Fitchburg. They can't figure anything out and are rude and incompetent. Salvador in Gardner was very good and helpful.
Thanks. Could you pls post this on the thread referenced above?

Cheers,

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
All you have to do is search "Dealer Service Experience" + State. It will pull it up if there.
None of these replies above have Massachusetts in them... So I don't see how that works unless people add tags or something, which means search is relying on people ☹️. Maybe I'm wrong

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone said Quirk Dorchester, and I've had good experiences with Quirk in Marshfield. My truck is new, but it's the second vehicle I've purchased from them and have taken good care of me and mine. I don't know any names to give, unfortunately.

My gut tells me around here you'd want a big dealer that can sink money into the facility and pay to retain people.

Where in MA are you looking?

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Someone said Quirk Dorchester, and I've had good experiences with Quirk in Marshfield. My truck is new, but it's the second vehicle I've purchased from them and have taken good care of me and mine. I don't know any names to give, unfortunately.

My gut tells me around here you'd want a big dealer that can sink money into the facility and pay to retain people.

Where in MA are you looking?
South East - around Walpole/Mansfield/Norton area. I bought from Quirk Marshfield. They seem good (Sales anyway), but too far for me.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
South East - around Walpole/Mansfield/Norton area. I bought from Quirk Marshfield. They seem good (Sales anyway), but too far for me.
Ya... that's a bit of a hike. Worse, there's no easy route. Are you having major issues? I wish I could be more help.

Trying to think who your options are? Planet in Franklin and First in N. Attleboro? Don't know anything about them other than having looked at their inventories before I got my Rebel.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Acton cjd sales was really good. Going there soon to check out service department to get a recall taken care of. Want to try them out since service dept has one late night a week and open Saturdays.

Previously went to Brigham Gill in Natick with my charger and they were ok. I’d stay clear of Grava in Medford.

I've heard some good things about Acton. If I don't want to hike down to Dorchester from Northborough for something major, I might give them a try.

kevinssaco

Reaction score

Yeah, I wish I had leased my truck from Acton instead of Quirk. Found out the hard way I got screwed on my lease from Quirk. Wont be going back there again! Acton was honest and upfront with showing me how in the paperwork I'm paying nearly double what I should have and stuck in this lease for a while.

Big Bert

Reaction score
I would stay away from Quirk....low prices on the web but won't sell for those prices....

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Yeah, I was lured in by the pricing and got hosed in my trade. They tried to make the numbers work and on paper it looked like I was making out until I discovered that the buyout was huge on top of the bigger monthly payments @5 years! I had no idea about the stupid buyout meaning anything unless you were buying it. But it does if you try to trade it back in. Its a big ole bag of cash that the dealer cant eat! I'll wholly admit my utter stupidity and buyer beware the "total cost" I probably could have outright bought this truck for what I'm paying in lease payments. And my buyout along side those payments make this truck about $56K for a GD Bighorn!! Pretty sure this has turned me off from any new vehicle ever again. I didn't do so bad back in the day buying 5-10 year old Tacomas with little or no problems for another 10 years or so, other than rust of course ;)

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buyer beware to the fullest, totally agree. As to Quirk, I don't think they were much different than any Ram dealer up here and I went to a bunch over a 6 month stretch. They all quoted some crazy low payment or price online and changed their tune once you're in the showroom. What I did like about Quirk... in Marshfield, not sure about Dot... was they were willing to work with me, ultimately showing me every number in their calculations. Now, I may have an advantage from my line of work dealing with finance numbers all day... so I called them out on some things... BUT... they were transparent at the end of the day. Some dealerships were not willing to go there with me at all... "It's proprietary", etc.

Yes, negotiating sucks. I'm not a hard nosed negotiator... but unfortunately that's the game. Be patient and do your homework. Go to multiple dealers, and flat out tell them you will walk and go somewhere else. In South Eastern MA you have a lot of options... Quirk, 24, Central, State Line, Planet, Good Brothers, to name a few. They all know that... use it to your advantage. I have 5 dealerships within a 10 mile radius of where I live... half a day spent driving to each can literally be $1000 or more in your pocket.

At the end of the day, Quirk was respectful of the process, patient with me, and ultimately willing to do a deal. Sucks that the game is to wear you down, but that's just how it is.

BostonBLS

Reaction score
I bought my truck at Acton and I got by far the best all in deal I could find in MA there. I had a chevy lease trade in and they matched my buy out price so I had no out of pocket for a competitive lease. Every other dealer was thousands less on trade in. So buying wise it was a great experience. But I will say every time I went there during the purchase it was 1-2.5 hours. They certainly take their time.

In terms of service. I have been twice.

First time I was there for some bubbling clear coat in the fenders. They use colonial auto body across the street. They had my truck for 2 weeks. The body shop was backed up and I was not scheduled in until I brought the truck. I wish that had schedule me for the body shop and then just had me drop off for the day or so the body shop needed it. I didn't get much communication updates from them which was annoying. When I did finally go to pick it up my adviser was not there and they just basically sent me on my way.

Second time was for the water leaking into the front drivers side. I dropped it of last Monday. I had a different service adviser this time and his communication was excellent. I got almost daily updates and he was very thorough in his explanations. I was much happier with this experience. However, I went to pick it up yesterday and this is when I ran into some problems. My adviser told me he would have the truck detail for me inside and out as the trouble shooting process made a mess. I agreed. He admitted he did not look over the truck before I showed up for pick up after the detail was complete. They use a third part detail company. I opened the drivers door and there was a white substance all down the side of the dash and drivers door. The inside was clearly NOT detailed. At some point my driver seat was also scratched. On tot he outside there was surface scratches all over the clear coat. It was obvious they did not was the truck and just used a spray wax on a dirty surface. Needless to say I was not pleased. So they kept my truck and are supposedly detailing it today. Also they ordered the seat cover and will be replacing that as well.

Take my experience as you will. Tried to make my description as objective as possible. I will say that the delays/issues (aside from the scratched seat) were caused by third party vendors and not the dealer themselves (although they maybe should use different third parties). Based on my experience thus far I am going to try 495 Jeep in Lowell for my next warranty/service work and see if I have a better experience.

Another side note they do not have any Ram loaner cars. First time I was stuck in a 2016 jeep patriot. It was the worst. I can see why they don't make them anymore. Second time they put me in a 2018 grand cherokee laredo e. Seems to be the nicest loaner they have. I just wish they had rams for loaners as I need a truck a decent amount for personal use and having a loaner for 2 weeks at a time isn't ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread