5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Twil6

Reaction score
So for those of you that live within the delivery range and had them deliver to your house. How long did you look over the truck for damage or defects? The crew that drove the truck were they in a hurry to get back. I live in Houston area so still debating about going there or having them drive it. Of course I would want to put the first miles on it, but the ease of not renting a car or driving there and coming back with two cars just seems easier for them to deliver. I just want to be able to look over the entire truck in driveway with feeling too rushed.

For those of you that found damage or defect, what was the process after that

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So for those of you that live within the delivery range and had them deliver to your house. How long did you look over the truck for damage or defects? The crew that drove the truck were they in a hurry to get back. I live in Houston area so still debating about going there or having them drive it. Of course I would want to put the first miles on it, but the ease of not renting a car or driving there and coming back with two cars just seems easier for them to deliver. I just want to be able to look over the entire truck in driveway with feeling too rushed.

Re damage, I asked them not to wash it so during inspection (at MD) I noticed a few very light scratches in the driver side ram box. Aaron wanted his detail guy to look at it but I wanted to get on the road. He said to take it to a detail shop when I got home and send him the bill. I already had an appointment to get PPF and Ceramic. They were able to easily get them out and didn’t charge any extra.

FWIW I rented a car one way and drove. Approx 1,300 miles round trip. I hate to fly and was determined to inspect it before taking delivery! Would do it all over again!!

Good Luck!

kblanchard911

Reaction score
edited… I removed my comment to not have anything stay on here since things are fixed. Aaron reached out to me after the sales person told him what happened over the weekend. It was mainly miscommunication in how things were worded. He got everything resolved and we got the order placed. So all ended well.

Last edited:

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Who should I contact to get help at MD? I called to start the process of an order and got sent to a Billy Lyons. I have had nothing but pure unprofessional treatment since I asked what other fees beyond the sale price and basically told let me know when your ready and when I asked why they wouldn’t send a buyers order which seems fishy he just said we are closed today sorry we couldn’t help you. Really so you don’t want to follow up when you are open?
Sorry about the not so good experience you had with MD. I had a wonderful experience as would testify most of the group members who ordered from MD. I sent my build to Aaron (recommended my group members). The next day I got a reply from Heather...the whole ordering process was so smooth.

Aaron's email [email protected]

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who should I contact to get help at MD? I called to start the process of an order and got sent to a Billy Lyons. I have had nothing but pure unprofessional treatment since I asked what other fees beyond the sale price and basically told let me know when your ready and when I asked why they wouldn’t send a buyers order which seems fishy he just said we are closed today sorry we couldn’t help you. Really so you don’t want to follow up when you are open?
Was this today? It's Sunday. Maybe give them until tomorrow...

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

contact Aaron if you find any damage. He is great to work with and talk to and will help you anyway to resolve any damage found. I picked my truck up from MD and since it was pouring rain, I was not able to look it over. Truck was also wet so couldn't see anything. After I got on the road, found a scratch on the driver back door. Told Aaron about it and he was more then willing to take care of it, including repainting the door if need be. I was able to get my detail dept. at my job to buff it to the point where is is barely noticeable. Not really wanting a brand new truck painted to avoid any issues.

kblanchard911

Reaction score
Sorry about the not so good experience you had with MD. I had a wonderful experience as would testify most of the group members who ordered from MD. I sent my build to Aaron (recommended my group members). The next day I got a reply from Heather...the whole ordering process was so smooth.

Aaron's email [email protected]

Was this today? It's Sunday. Maybe give them until tomorrow...
Thank you Aaron reached out to me before i even tried to, is was just miscommunication in the wording of the emails all is good now.

PoopsMcGee

Reaction score
Talking with someone at Mark Dodge and they seem to be giving me the least amount of effort possible. Replies so far have been:

"3-6mos"

"Ok"

Or just a picture of an image.

I understand they're busy and get lots of calls and emails but at the same time, if I'm giving you $75k and waiting 3-6 months, Id prefer to work with someone that has a little better bedside manner.

Does anyone have a contact that would be a better fit for my hand holding needs?

Edit as of 8/29: Aaron from Mark Dodge, he got everything squared away for me! Fantastic customer service.

Last edited:

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talking with someone at Mark Dodge and they seem to be giving me the least amount of effort possible. Replies so far have been:

"3-6mos"

"Ok"

Or just a picture of an image.

I understand they're busy and get lots of calls and emails but at the same time, if I'm giving you $75k and waiting 3-6 months, Id prefer to work with someone that has a little better bedside manner.

Does anyone have a contact that would be a better fit for my hand holding needs?
Call and ask for Aaron Ginsburg, Sales Manager. Explain your concerns and he will make sure you are taken care of.

BendPharmD

Reaction score
Took 3 days to read every post in this thread! Was worried about purchasing the vehicle and having it shipped to me without driving and inspecting it first. The posts really helped and hoping diesel stays low for the winter so my truck can be shipped to OR for at or less than $1/mile

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Took 3 days to read every post in this thread! Was worried about purchasing the vehicle and having it shipped to me without driving and inspecting it first. The posts really helped and hoping diesel stays low for the winter so my truck can be shipped to OR for at or less than $1/mile
Good that you got what you wanted...nice build

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Plenty of us here to help. I bought and shipped from MD. I'm in NC. It was a fantastic process! It's my first Ram too.

ATXCam

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to use the True Car rebate or Tread Lightly FCA Affiliates rebate at MD?

Rob Ram

Reaction score
I have never ordered a vehicle before.

If you order a vehicle and then it is delivered to the dealer, are the incentives that say “must take delivery from dealer inventory” available to you when you take delivery of the truck? Or since the vehicle was ordered from the factory for you, it is not considered dealer inventory?

Thanks for any info.

BendPharmD

Reaction score
I have never ordered a vehicle before.

If you order a vehicle and then it is delivered to the dealer, are the incentives that say “must take delivery from dealer inventory” available to you when you take delivery of the truck? Or since the vehicle was ordered from the factory for you, it is not considered dealer inventory?

Thanks for any info.
The incentives are for both factory orders and cars on the lot. Some have restrictions (model year and trim)

Last edited:

BendPharmD

Reaction score
Thank you for the information.
Looks like you ordered a fully loaded 2023 Rebel. Congrats!
A few things not on there but yea gonna have a lot of cool features…looking forward to it! Hopefully it’s early 2023 and not April-May

duchunter6

Reaction score
Just got the window sticker for my '22 BH and several options went up since my May 5th order (e.g. HEMI, paint). What's been everyone's experience at MD--do they use the option prices at the time of ordering, or whatever they are at production? Thanks. My RAM is en route to MD right now; can't wait.

cleigh

Reaction score
Just got the window sticker for my '22 BH and several options went up since my May 5th order (e.g. HEMI, paint). What's been everyone's experience at MD--do they use the option prices at the time of ordering, or whatever they are at production? Thanks. My RAM is en route to MD right now; can't wait.

Same boat - I believe we should be locked into what we ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread