5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, you do not pay full MSRP, I was 11% under before any incentives. You usually have the choice of incentive financing or rebate, and you can add additional rebates like the ramtrucks.com code, any affilate discount codes etc. None of these requires you to pay MSRP.
was the 11% below something the dealer offered or was there something you had to do? I would assume my local dealers were spitting BS then thus why I am looking elsewhere (out of state if need be) for my 22 build.

fliptide

Reaction score
This was my 2nd out of state vehicle purchase. Both handles polar opposite. Bought a gmc from Laura gmc and paid them for vehicle and small prep fee. I was then responsible for all TTL fees. MD is currently handling TTL for current purchase. They gave me two 5 day temp tags to use until that process is done. We will see how that goes.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
curious if everyone has had this scenerio when dealing with MD? I would like to use my own credit union that I used to refinance my 21 if I can work a deal with them for a 22.
I didn't have that problem! They did want a wire rather than a check, understandably this day and age. Very few folks take certified or bank checks anymore. Too easy to alter/counterfeit. I could of used my credit union and have them wire the funds and did get approved beforehand. But the 0% Chrysler financing was a better deal.

I too was apprehensive about "finalizing the deal" without seeing the truck. Aaron and I talked about that at length and he assured me that if the truck wasn't perfect and not as ordered he would tear up all the paperwork. He said his/their reputation was worth more than selling one truck and making a customer mad!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't have that problem! They did want a wire rather than a check, understandably this day and age. Very few folks take certified or bank checks anymore. Too easy to alter/counterfeit. I could of used my credit union and have them wire the funds and did get approved beforehand. But the 0% Chrysler financing was a better deal.

I too was apprehensive about "finalizing the deal" without seeing the truck. Aaron and I talked about that at length and he assured me that if the truck wasn't perfect and not as ordered he would tear up all the paperwork. He said his/their reputation was worth more than selling one truck and making a customer mad!
Me, I would want that in writing. Hey if your truck isn't perfect and as ordered, I will rip up the paperwork. I have been in this business for 16 yrs and have seen shady sales people (managers are the worst) and its hard to believe anything. Even the finance guy I dealt with when I bought my 21 seemed like a cool guy until I realized he was trying to fk me hard on the add ons for his own benefit.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me, I would want that in writing. Hey if your truck isn't perfect and as ordered, I will rip up the paperwork. I have been in this business for 16 yrs and have seen shady sales people (managers are the worst) and its hard to believe anything. Even the finance guy I dealt with when I bought my 21 seemed like a cool guy until I realized he was trying to fk me hard on the add ons for his own benefit.
I can certainly understand your stance and I share it for the most part. In this instance my gut told me I could trust Aaron. A definite first with dealing with any dealership salesman! Typically I drive a pretty hard bargain and don't budge much. Really don't know why I trusted him so much in the beginning, but now that we've done a deal that trust was verified.

With a doubt if I ever buy another CDJR product again it will be from MD as long as the same team and philosophy is there!

Rich6896

Reaction score
I think you are right, except this dealer has built up so much cred, it would be a shame to see them not to honor their word and **** the cred away

aussie_ram

Reaction score
I think you are right, except this dealer has built up so much cred, it would be a shame to see them not to honor their word and **** the cred away
The only way I see that happening is if they bring in new management who want to take advantage of all the new loyalty they have built, and screw everyone over for more dollars. But the great thing is, as fast as a good word travels around the internet these days, a bad word will travel even faster.

Southside

Reaction score
was the 11% below something the dealer offered or was there something you had to do? I would assume my local dealers were spitting BS then thus why I am looking elsewhere (out of state if need be) for my 22 build.
The 11% was the offer MD came back with. I contacted literally every dealer in CT, 95% didn't respond, the rest were MSRP or more. Like many others on this thread, i saved ~$7k even with shipping. Also the price protection & incentive lock are huge and the lack of why i canceled my first order in PA.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 11% was the offer MD came back with. I contacted literally every dealer in CT, 95% didn't respond, the rest were MSRP or more. Like many others on this thread, i saved ~$7k even with shipping. Also the price protection & incentive lock are huge and the lack of why i canceled my first order in PA.
That sounds like a hell of a deal if you ask me. That’s the problem I have around here is getting dealers to actually stay in communication with you. Most wouldn’t even talk to me via email or text just kept asking me to come in. I don’t mind going in but I don’t wanna waste the time to go out there if I’m not gonna get any kind of decent deal. I work for one of the largest automotive retailers in America and even I can’t get any discount with them at this current time which pisses me off. Excuses due to the demand of new and used cars employees get no deals.

Delmonico87

Reaction score
Anyone else's Limited come with the Longhorn rims? Maybe it's the ORP that add's those.
Yes! There have been several Limiteds in different trims I’ve seen according to their build sheets during a certain time frame that have been delivered with Longhorn wheels. I had 2 trucks that are both 10th Anniversary models built the same week that came with them.

Attachments

• C6F7F2CC-32D0-448E-90C8-2408CE1D7D06.jpeg
    C6F7F2CC-32D0-448E-90C8-2408CE1D7D06.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 27

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes! There have been several Limiteds in different trims I’ve seen according to their build sheets during a certain time frame that have been delivered with Longhorn wheels. I had 2 trucks that are both 10th Anniversary models built the same week that came with them.
I have the limited longhorn rims coming in my longhorn and wish i could switch them out for the limited wheels!

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I don’t understand why a dealer would insist on getting involved in the out-of-state licensing process unless there are some goofy laws in Louisiana that requires them to do so.

Part of there reason they do it may be taxes. In my case I financed everything including tax at 0%. Thus, they needed to get the taxes paid to my state DMV. On my end, the process was seamless. I signed for the truck, they provided a temp tag, and a few weeks later my new tags and registration paperwork showed up. A short while later I received a small refund check for overestimated registration costs.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part of there reason they do it may be taxes. In my case I financed everything including tax at 0%. Thus, they needed to get the taxes paid to my state DMV. On my end, the process was seamless. I signed for the truck, they provided a temp tag, and a few weeks later my new tags and registration paperwork showed up. A short while later I received a small refund check for overestimated registration costs.
Exactly my experience. They apparently have to handle the registration if you finance. If you pay cash/wire then you have to deal with it. In my case, since they included Georgia tax/title in my total I basically financed that amount at 0%.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
There is virtually no risk at all to signing the paperwork in advance and then the truck being not as expected. Laws differ state to state, but they all revolve around "taking delivery". No matter what anyone tells you, that truck is not yours until you drive it off the lot. If you were to show up and have all contracts signed but something was not right, you can simply "reject" delivery. If the dealer did not agree that there was something wrong with the truck they could try to sue you. But, If you reject the vehicle the burden is on the seller to show that there is no breach of contract. If there actually is something wrong with the truck that is breach of contract, it wasn't in the condition agreed upon, and the dealer would have the chance to "remedy" it.
Legal details aside, just know that until you drive the truck off the lot, the paperwork means nothing. Even if you were the one in the wrong, (IE the truck is as agreed but you changed your mind before taking delivery), the dealer could sue you and they would be in the right....or they could put the truck on the lot and sell it tomorrow morning while keeping your $1000 deposit; which do you think they would chose?

The paperwork says exactly the features you ordered and the condition is new which means there can be no damage whatsoever. The contract literally is the writing "hey if your truck isn't perfect and as ordered, I will rip up the paperwork". The paperwork is null and void if the truck is not delivered to you in the condition described in the paperwork, and if you claim that the truck is not in the condition agreed on the paperwork, it is the dealers burden to prove that it is.

Last edited:

tbnolefan

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, about how long does it take from the time the order is placed till you receive a VIN?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can certainly understand your stance and I share it for the most part. In this instance my gut told me I could trust Aaron. A definite first with dealing with any dealership salesman! Typically I drive a pretty hard bargain and don't budge much. Really don't know why I trusted him so much in the beginning, but now that we've done a deal that trust was verified.

With a doubt if I ever buy another CDJR product again it will be from MD as long as the same team and philosophy is there!
I guess from past experience and being in the automotive industry for 16 yrs, I see the side of the sales dept. that most don't see. Sales if very shady to say the least. May not be every dealer out there and I know it isn't every salesman/sales manager. Then I take into account the issues I ran into with the finance manager at another dealer when I bought my truck last year. Who knows, my attitude may change once I start dealing with MD after I submit the build to them over the weekend once I make up my mind on what I want. The positive experiences from multiple people on here who have been dealing with them is a plus though.

Pilk

Reaction score
I guess I’m just spoiled. I live in Missouri. I’ve bought my last three new vehicles from the same dealer who is in Kansas. My truck just got built this week. I know exactly how much I’m paying, just waiting to see what April incentives look like in case they are better than what was locked in in February. I’m preapproved from my credit union. The dealer doesn’t get involved in any of the licensing process, and if I take a check in from my credit union for the amount I’m financing, they’ll take a personal check for the difference. I then go to the Missouri DMV and pay the sales tax and licensing. Done!

I don’t understand why a dealer would insist on getting involved in the out-of-state licensing process unless there are some goofy laws in Louisiana that requires them to do so.
I can't imagine the LA dealer would be required by another state to collect sales tax for them. I'm in MO too and dealers will tack on the sales tax to the deal if you want to roll it into the loan or you can take a check to the DMV and pay it there. OTOH if I'm 0% I'm rolling that sales tax amount into the loan.

Pilk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its estimating DMV fees.
Almost all states have systems in place to check sales tax based on the buyers address. You can come to an accurate number if you know what you're doing. The plates, license fees etc might be a little less obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/