5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What state are you in and how is the temp tag illegal?
I live in Mass.
Temp tags are illegal in mass, you only can use your own plate or a new plate not different state plates.
Plates are proof of insurance.
Insurance is legally required in MA.
7 days from sales of a vehicle to be registered in MA.
Reg is linked to plate.

I really should of pushed harder to have them allow me to register it myself, they refused stating they had to register it.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Mass.
Temp tags are illegal in mass, you only can use your own plate or a new plate not different state plates.
Reg is linked to plate.

I really should of pushed harder to have them allow me to register it myself, they refused stating they had to register it.
So when you buy a new car in MA, do they give you a plate on the spot at the dealer?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So when you buy a new car in MA, do they give you a plate on the spot at the dealer?

From what I know, yes. Bought a vehicle from Mass once and out of state from NY (and never again) and had to leave it there because of the no temp tags thing. My fault for not checking, but what a stupid way of doing things, and of course very nice of the dealer to mention that to us knowing we had to drive 5 hours to get there.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues per se, but I did notice Sheila was the hardest to deal with at MD. She didn't seem to know what was going on and her emails were very confusing. Ultimately for Nevada, there's no easy way for a 3rd party to register a new vehicle so she ended up cutting me a check in the name of the Nevada DMV for the registration fees they took in.
I haven't worked with Sheila but my insurance agent said they spoke with her and had to explain a ton of laws and how it worked in MA and they said she had no idea but thanked them.
Sounds like they don't sell a lot of cars in MA, and MA is a pain when it comes to the registry.
Aaron is now working with me to make it work, just sucks it was so confusing to begin with.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Mass.
Reg is linked to plate.

So if I drive through with a temp tag, I'm breaking the law, or does that only apply if you have a Mass license?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if I drive through with a temp tag, I'm breaking the law, or does that only apply if you have a Mass license?
I googled that and it said "If you are an out-of-state resident and temporary plates are allowed in your state, simply driving through the state of MA with that temporary plate is okay".

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can transfer plates from an old vehicle and must register within 7 days.
If you need new plates, you do NEED the new plates.

So in theory I would of had to go to Mark Dodge to buy the vehicle, overnight paperwork to MA and get to the DMV.
Plates would be handed to person at DMV and would need to be overnighted to Mark Dodge to put on the vehicle.

You are not allowed to leave without YOUR plates on the vehicle you own, even if it's under the 7 days to register.

Local dealerships run to a nearby registry for you and grab new plates generally so it can be a same day event but generally is a couple of days if you choose to get new plates.

This is why everyone in MA keeps their plates and transfers them, else your car is sitting at the dealership for a week or so after you buy it.
You are allowed to have it towed without plates on it so in theory you could do that if you wanted.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

I googled that and it said "If you are an out-of-state resident and temporary plates are allowed in your state, simply driving through the state of MA with that temporary plate is okay".
This is correct.
It's based upon where the vehicle is getting registered\where you live.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with Mark Dodge failing to registrar your vehicle?

I was very clear with them I was transferring my plates (and I even had them with me).
They forced me to signed documents that were not filled out and when I said I only would sign documents filled out they said the sale would not happen (I flew in and was at a cheap hotel nearby. They said they would pick me up in the morning and they never did even after I called them so I had to walk). I handed them a registry form 99% filled out all they had to do was put in lien holders information and it had my insurance stamp (cant register vehicles without a physical insurance stamp). They basically said they had no idea what the form was and to sign a blank one (of the same form) they had.

I know a lot of people have had great experiences but mine was very poor so far, great price, great sales talk, once I was on-site I was very rushed, they refused to let me sign physical paperwork (to fill in blank information or make adjustments for wrong info) and had to use my cell phone to "sign" anything. They said they couldn't make any fixes because "someone" was off on Friday and locked the documentation (Aaron was the one who told me to fly in for Friday).
I was also forced to fiance through them as they refused to take loans from other banks. They 100% refused to accept bank checks of any kind and said it all needed to be wired to them, prior to signing any documentation or even seeing the truck in person.

At this point it's been 6 days and as of tomorrow I am no longer allowed to drive my truck except in my back yard due failure to register and swap plates.
I am currently getting dicked around on the phone for someone named Sheila Tucker because i'm told only she can do anything. At this point they hung up the phone and are not picking up when I call. Now they are picking up again but say the person is busy and I can't talk to anyone. I finally spoke with a Randy and he is telling me it will take over 30 days to register which makes no sense at all and is not legal in my state. He told me "I sold to all 50 states last year and enver heard of any state needing to register for 7 days, you should be using the LA plate we gave you (which is also illegal for me to use).

One thing that also is weird is I never signed the Certificate of Origin For a Vehicle, and a signed title is a requirement to register a vehicle (the original only, not a copy)

At this point i'm concerned I may need to be contacting a lawyer as I don't even have the information required to register the vehicle in my state if I wanted to bite the $224.95 they charged me (it only costs $100 in my state) and do it myself.

Any advice would be awesome...
Wow, first story like this I've heard about MD. Hopefully now that Aaron is involved it will get resolved. But still a PITA to have to deal with crap like this. Sorry you had a bad experience.

For me it was by far the easiest and smoothest vehicle purchase I've ever had. And FWIW they handled all the registration paperwork and I had my new plate in around three weeks. Then shortly thereafter, I got a check for a little over a hundred $ because they overestimated the Georgia tax.

fat trout

Reaction score
Wow, first story like this I've heard about MD. Hopefully now that Aaron is involved it will get resolved. But still a PITA to have to deal with crap like this. Sorry you had a bad experience.

For me it was by far the easiest and smoothest vehicle purchase I've ever had. And FWIW they handled all the registration paperwork and I had my new plate in around three weeks. Then shortly thereafter, I got a check for a little over a hundred $ because they overestimated the Georgia tax.

I found the bank thing and paperwork a little unnerving too. Sign blank forms (we'll fill them out later). Must wire in advance of getting there.... the full amount, vehicle not yet seen (photos aside). Wont' work with bank check or other banks as lenders? its hard to have enough faith built on forum posts alone I guess. Hopefully they are just a little overwhelmed ....stuff does happen. I started talking to Curry (CJ) but he went MIA on my texts. Sandi was great to email with.

I'm kind of sitting on the side contemplating, keeping my 2019 a few more years.

testcrewman

Reaction score
I found the bank thing and paperwork a little unnerving too. Sign blank forms (we'll fill them out later). Must wire in advance of getting there.... the full amount, vehicle not yet seen (photos aside). Wont' work with bank check or other banks as lenders? its hard to have enough faith built on forum posts alone I guess. Hopefully they are just a little overwhelmed ....stuff does happen. I started talking to Curry (CJ) but he went MIA on my texts. Sandi was great to email with.

I'm kind of sitting on the side contemplating, keeping my 2019 a few more years.
I had no problem with my bank check. Prior to getting my loan, I verified with Aaron that he would take a check from my bank. There were no issues when I signed everything over to the dealership. They even overnighted a check back to me in the amount of overpayment.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started talking to Curry (CJ) but he went MIA on my texts. .
Nothing pisses me off more then when I'm talking with a salesperson via text and they go MIA. happened when I was looking for my 21 ram locally. I went with the dealer that responded quickly and answered every question I had.

1Raider

Reaction score
Well I finally got the email from Aaron that my truck is on the lot! Just finished the paperwork and headed down too inspect and pick it up tomorrow.
Noticed mine shipped with the Longhorn wheels also not sure why but was happy that it did as those look better than the 20" Limited rims imop.

IMG_4130[1].JPG
IMG_4131[1].JPG

MO Rebel

Reaction score
How do you “overpay” and get a check back? Seems a little odd to me. Don’t you know what you’re suppose to pay BEFORE you make payment?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got the standard Ram chat message
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 04/11/2022 - 04/25/2022. Please reach out to your dealer to get further details on your vehicle’s arrival.

How do you know when it is shipped via train or get to the port?
Thanks

1Raider

Reaction score
Anyone else's Limited come with the Longhorn rims? Maybe it's the ORP that add's those.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Aaron was able to get with the right people and at this point are sending me all the documents including a check for the tax\title\reg and I will be registering it myself at this point and handing all the checks directly to my registry.
Ill update when everything is over.
I had no problem with my bank check. Prior to getting my loan, I verified with Aaron that he would take a check from my bank. There were no issues when I signed everything over to the dealership. They even overnighted a check back to me in the amount of overpayment.
Things might of changed since you did it, or it might depend on where you come from. I don't know.
How do you “overpay” and get a check back? Seems a little odd to me. Don’t you know what you’re suppose to pay BEFORE you make payment?
Depending on how rebates and stuff work they can be calculating pay based upon the wrong value, some states consider tax before rebates and some after.
Just got the standard Ram chat message
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 04/11/2022 - 04/25/2022. Please reach out to your dealer to get further details on your vehicle’s arrival.

How do you know when it is shipped via train or get to the port?
Thanks
Contact your salesperson
I'm pretty sure its estimating DMV fees.
Can't overpay the DMV at least in MA.
If the check isn't the exact amount including cents they will not accept it whatsoever.
After it's rejected they would re-send another check and should send you the rest in theory.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
I haven't worked with Sheila but my insurance agent said they spoke with her and had to explain a ton of laws and how it worked in MA and they said she had no idea but thanked them.
Sounds like they don't sell a lot of cars in MA, and MA is a pain when it comes to the registry.
Aaron is now working with me to make it work, just sucks it was so confusing to begin with.

Too be fair, now that I think of it, MD have probably gone from selling vehicles to LA, TX, MS and AL residents to now selling to us all, all over the US as their name has gone out as one of the best value dealers in the county. As we've found out in this thread, every state has very different rules so I guess they just haven't had a chance to get their heads around a process that works for all states. She did sound in over her head when I spoke with her, but glad Aaron has got involved now.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was also forced to fiance through them as they refused to take loans from other banks. They 100% refused to accept bank checks of any kind and said it all needed to be wired to them, prior to signing any documentation or even seeing the truck in person.
curious if everyone has had this scenerio when dealing with MD? I would like to use my own credit union that I used to refinance my 21 if I can work a deal with them for a 22.

Users who are viewing this thread