5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

testcrewman

Reaction score
How do you “overpay” and get a check back? Seems a little odd to me. Don’t you know what you’re suppose to pay BEFORE you make payment?
I had to guestimate how much was remaining after they calculated taxes and such as well as my trade in and incentives. I had to apply for my loan and get my check a week before my truck was even on the lot because of the location of my bank, so I didn't know the exact amount then.

EJ84

Reaction score
I haven't worked with Sheila but my insurance agent said they spoke with her and had to explain a ton of laws and how it worked in MA and they said she had no idea but thanked them.
Sounds like they don't sell a lot of cars in MA, and MA is a pain when it comes to the registry.
Aaron is now working with me to make it work, just sucks it was so confusing to begin with.
I’m also in Mass, thinking about MD for my wife’s jeep in a few months. Did you drive your truck back? Or have it shipped

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else's Limited come with the Longhorn rims? Maybe it's the ORP that add's those.

I've been on these forums (and shopping around) looking at 5th gens since they came out, yours is the only limited I've seen come with longhorn wheels. It's definitely a mistake but like you said a good one at least (I also prefer them vs the 20" limited wheels).

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had never before paid for a vehicle before I saw it. I did so with MD and was happy. It worked out great.

I was fine doing the wire transfer because of the great reputation MD has. I was (and am) sure that Aaron, et alia, would set right anything that went amiss.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m also in Mass, thinking about MD for my wife’s jeep in a few months. Did you drive your truck back? Or have it shipped
I drove back.

Only parts that sucked was Pennsylvania's highways had some weird speed bumps, and New York city sucked.
Besides that easy driving, I slept in my truck in rest areas. It sucked and the last night it was like 35 degrees at night.

I recommend either planning on getting 2 hotels (or more if you take longer) or getting a pillow and several blankets to help prop yourself up laying in the back seats.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely seems like a MA problem more than a MD problem.
All depends how you look at it I suppose.
I offered to register the vehicle and they said they needed to and it wouldn't be a problem.
I even brought my registration form with the wet stamp (yes an actual stamp) from the insurance company but they still wanted to use their form (which the registry would of eventually rejected when it was submitted without the insurance stamp).

They didn't know the laws in MA, and it sounds like Aaron is taking action internally at MD to learn so i'm almost 100% sure my exact problem will not happen to someone else from MA.

At no point did I think MD was trying to screw me on purpose, they seemed to legitimately think they had over 30 days to register the vehicle and submit sales tax, and also think I was allowed to drive for the 45 days or whatever it was with a "temp tag"
Sometimes companies grow too big too fast and have growing pains, pretty common actually.

Southside

Reaction score
curious if everyone has had this scenerio when dealing with MD? I would like to use my own credit union that I used to refinance my 21 if I can work a deal with them for a 22.
This is the list of lenders from my closing documents with MD. Idk if it has to be on the list or if you would refi after if you wanted someone else. I chose the incentive financing with Chrysler Capital.

1648765808702.png

Southside

Reaction score
Update: I did my Zoom meeting on 3/26 and esigned docs. On 3/28 i recieved the final set of docs on their esign portal. Today on 3/29 I was cleared to ship and listed on the exchange for shipping to CT. I will post another update once i recieve it with shipping details.
Update, shipping to Hartford CT suburbs ~1600 miles. Listed bid at $1000 and no hits for two days, raised it to $1300 and got a response in 10 minutes. My truck is scheduled to be picked up Monday and delivered on Thursday. I will update again on Thursday with pics.

Hope this helps peoples research.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is the list of lenders from my closing documents with MD. Idk if it has to be on the list or if you would refi after if you wanted someone else. I chose the incentive financing with Chrysler Capital.

View attachment 124878
What incentive was that? When I was there last week I was told there was nothing for going with Chrysler Capital or that I would love my locked in incentives if I went with them (I forget which)

Southside

Reaction score
What incentive was that? When I was there last week I was told there was nothing for going with Chrysler Capital or that I would love my locked in incentives if I went with them (I forget which)
0% x 72 on Big Horns

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All depends how you look at it I suppose.
I offered to register the vehicle and they said they needed to and it wouldn't be a problem.
I even brought my registration form with the wet stamp (yes an actual stamp) from the insurance company but they still wanted to use their form (which the registry would of eventually rejected when it was submitted without the insurance stamp).

They didn't know the laws in MA, and it sounds like Aaron is taking action internally at MD to learn so i'm almost 100% sure my exact problem will not happen to someone else from MA.

At no point did I think MD was trying to screw me on purpose, they seemed to legitimately think they had over 30 days to register the vehicle and submit sales tax, and also think I was allowed to drive for the 45 days or whatever it was with a "temp tag"
Sometimes companies grow too big too fast and have growing pains, pretty common actually.
I suppose I just look at what most of MA does with scrutiny. Some of their legislation...

Southside

Reaction score

Something to keep in mind with incentives is they are regional. I live in New England. You can check current offers Here or there is also a phone number you can call that a member posted someplace.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
0% x 72 on Big Horns
I'm curious on how the incentives work. Do you pay full MSRP in order to get the 0 APR? Or in order to get any rebates, incentives, do you then pay a select rate on your financing? That stuff always confuses me. I was told before I bought my 21 ram that it was either/or. You couldn't get 0 apr (if you qualified) and any available rebates/discounts.

1Raider

Reaction score
does your door sticker have the correct tires and wheels listed?
Not sure yet as i'm heading down that way in the morning.. Aaron was kinda surprised as well but im willing to bet its the ORP that applies the Rim/Tire combo.
I'm glad cause at one point early on I considered swapping the rims on my 19 Long Horn for the Limited rims.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I had to guestimate how much was remaining after they calculated taxes and such as well as my trade in and incentives. I had to apply for my loan and get my check a week before my truck was even on the lot because of the location of my bank, so I didn't know the exact amount then.

I guess I’m just spoiled. I live in Missouri. I’ve bought my last three new vehicles from the same dealer who is in Kansas. My truck just got built this week. I know exactly how much I’m paying, just waiting to see what April incentives look like in case they are better than what was locked in in February. I’m preapproved from my credit union. The dealer doesn’t get involved in any of the licensing process, and if I take a check in from my credit union for the amount I’m financing, they’ll take a personal check for the difference. I then go to the Missouri DMV and pay the sales tax and licensing. Done!

I don’t understand why a dealer would insist on getting involved in the out-of-state licensing process unless there are some goofy laws in Louisiana that requires them to do so.

Southside

Reaction score
I'm curious on how the incentives work. Do you pay full MSRP in order to get the 0 APR? Or in order to get any rebates, incentives, do you then pay a select rate on your financing? That stuff always confuses me. I was told before I bought my 21 ram that it was either/or. You couldn't get 0 apr (if you qualified) and any available rebates/discounts.
No, you do not pay full MSRP, I was 11% under before any incentives. You usually have the choice of incentive financing or rebate, and you can add additional rebates like the ramtrucks.com code, any affilate discount codes etc. None of these requires you to pay MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread