5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Sairam

Reaction score
hey everyone, my truck is in the shipping stage(per ramcares chat) awaiting rail to Port Allen, LA. Does anyone know/have insight on what the schedule/frequency of trucks getting on the rail from MI to Port Allen? Is there a set schedule(Example once a week) or do they wait until they have sufficient trucks to Port Allen?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey everyone, my truck is in the shipping stage(per ramcares chat) awaiting rail to Port Allen, LA. Does anyone know/have insight on what the schedule/frequency of trucks getting on the rail from MI to Port Allen? Is there a set schedule(Example once a week) or do they wait until they have sufficient trucks to Port Allen?
I am not sure not a routine scheduled my truck has been waiting on a ride to the port since the 6th or 7th of this month, from what i have read the was a shipment just before my truck got released to the rail yard.
I have seen a lot of truck going to Mark Dodge just released for shipping, so maybe soon

Jceblue1

Reaction score
I am not sure not a routine scheduled my truck has been waiting on a ride to the port since the 6th or 7th of this month, from what i have read the was a shipment just before my truck got released to the rail yard.
I have seen a lot of truck going to Mark Dodge just released for shipping, so maybe soon
I did notice that several members that received window stickers on February 26 and their trucks arrive to port on the 9th I received my window sticker March 3 and my truck arrived to port on the 17th along with several others

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
Delivered yesterday from MD, I’m beyond impressed with the comfort, ride and quality. Shout out to Renea Jaimeson, Reggie, Aaron for making it such an easy transaction.

Attachments

• DD18600B-3DF3-4976-BE28-CA6674F2EF61.jpeg
    DD18600B-3DF3-4976-BE28-CA6674F2EF61.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 312BAB46-23BA-409F-AB76-3597F6AC2267.jpeg
    312BAB46-23BA-409F-AB76-3597F6AC2267.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 93
  • B312EA8E-5BE1-48EF-890C-4655DEC40F51.jpeg
    B312EA8E-5BE1-48EF-890C-4655DEC40F51.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 93

1ramrunner

Reaction score
Makers Mark was a great tour. If you are in the area and want to spend the night, you should go to Buffalo Trace. We spent a whole day there with different tours. In any case, try to schedule your tours ahead of time. I can't remember if Makers was a walk up or scheduled tour. Also, try to avaiod Friday through Sunday, they are very busy.
Jim

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I drive straight it’s about 14-15 hrs but I plan on stoping in Baton Rouge and taking the old man to Ruth Chris steakhouse then the next day 1 1/2 hrs to MD.
Makers mark in Kentucky has several 45 minute tours throughout the day where they take you through their whole process and you do a tasting and you can purchase bottles and do your own dipping of the wax seal!
Can't go wrong with a Makers Mark tour. If you happen to be close to Woodford you should stop in there. Beautiful countryside riding back to their distillery. And great bourbon. Call both first for tour details.

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a Makers Mark tour. If you happen to be close to Woodford you should stop in there. Beautiful countryside riding back to their distillery. And great bourbon. Call both first for tour details.
Awesome thanks for the heads up!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, if you want to buy bottles to bring home, you get better selections and prices in the local grocery stores vs. the distilleries.
Good tip I hadn’t thought of. And don’t fall for “only available at distillery” or limited distribution and you will have a hard time finding it! Very true in many cases but not all. Just do a quick google search before overpaying. It is cool to dip your own botttes at Makers Mark. Woodford has an annual Kentucky Berby bottle that I believe is on available there, but not sure.

First trip I brought back 19 bottles. Second trip brought back 17. Did I mention I like Bourbon?

gator6

Reaction score
Delivered yesterday from MD, I’m beyond impressed with the comfort, ride and quality. Shout out to Renea Jaimeson, Reggie, Aaron for making it such an easy transaction.

That’s a nice trailer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a tight fit. Did they push it into the trailer? If not, how did the driver get out of the truck? Through the bed window?
Or did the driver just recline the seat and ride along to your house, then backed it back out?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makers Mark was a great tour. If you are in the area and want to spend the night, you should go to Buffalo Trace. We spent a whole day there with different tours. In any case, try to schedule your tours ahead of time. I can't remember if Makers was a walk up or scheduled tour. Also, try to avaiod Friday through Sunday, they are very busy.
Jim
Buffalo Trace was good too, but we made the mistake of going on the back of the house tour. It was interesting and different from the other distilleries but it involved climbing multiple set of industrial stairs, was dirty and very noisy so I would stay away from that one. Good Bourbon though! They produce Pappy Van Wrinkle there. (of course that was NOT offered as a tasting!)

Edit for an afterthought: Take a big sharpie and write "MAKERS" above the MARK on your temp tag! :ROFLMAO:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sending my build over to them tonight, what is the average discount off of MSRP is everyone getting or added discounts that can be used?

MO Rebel

Reaction score
That's a tight fit. Did they push it into the trailer? If not, how did the driver get out of the truck? Through the bed window?
Or did the driver just recline the seat and ride along to your house, then backed it back out?

There’s a side door on the trailer strategically placed for entry/exit.

roaminwiththeromes

Reaction score
For those of you that have received your license plates, how long did that take? MD told me up to 60 days, depending on state, I have a Florida address, picked up the truck two weeks ago

1Raider

Reaction score
Has anyone that has picked up there rig been to any good places to eat?
I know Nina P's is a good one but any other options?
How about places to stay? I'm still patiently awaiting the call that my truck has made it to MD from the port an all.

roaminwiththeromes

Reaction score
Has anyone that has picked up there rig been to any good places to eat?
I know Nina P's is a good one but any other options?
How about places to stay? I'm still patiently awaiting the call that my truck has made it to MD from the port an all.
We stayed at The Mulberry Hotel. good reviews, clean and quiet. Would have eaten at Steamboat Bill's on the Lake but did not get there until 5:30 and there was already a line.

Last edited:

Southside

Reaction score
Just recieved an email from Aaron that my truck just arrived at the dealership. :D It was at the train yard on 3/17 for those trying to calculate time, 3/24 was the end of my first ETA date range from RamChat and when I contacted them on the 24th they had extended it to 4/1. I just submitted an online credit application and will keep everyone posted on any further progress.
Update: I did my Zoom meeting on 3/26 and esigned docs. On 3/28 i recieved the final set of docs on their esign portal. Today on 3/29 I was cleared to ship and listed on the exchange for shipping to CT. I will post another update once i recieve it with shipping details.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you that have received your license plates, how long did that take? MD told me up to 60 days, depending on state, I have a Florida address, picked up the truck two weeks ago
Marsh said up to 60 days, and it took just over three weeks. I transferred the plate from my old truck to the Ram. I'm registered in Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread