5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

1Raider

Reaction score
Anyone else's truck have an estimated delivery of 3/21 from MD also? Im not holding my breath that it will hit that day an all but trying to get my flight schedule somewhat together an all.. Plus going to hit up a good place to eat an stay before the road trip home..

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
Anyone else's truck have an estimated delivery of 3/21 from MD also? Im not holding my breath that it will hit that day an all but trying to get my flight schedule somewhat together an all.. Plus going to hit up a good place to eat an stay before the road trip home..

My truck has been at Port Allen since Friday, just waiting for the email that it arrived at MD. The waiting is the hardest part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

testcrewman

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the same time and I'm hoping for the call that my truck is at the dealer sometime this week. I have jury duty next week and I really want to get it before then.

testcrewman

Reaction score
Where are you flying from? I'm driving from Abilene Texas to MD to trade in my current truck. Any of you are welcome to carpool with me if it's along the way and our trucks are ready at the same time. I'll be driving through Fort Worth /Dallas then south on I45 to I10.

fliptide

Reaction score
My truck has been at Port Allen since Friday, just waiting for the email that it arrived at MD. The waiting is the hardest part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. truck was unloaded from the train on 9th for me. I was pretty patient for the first 14 weeks.... but I sure am antsy now that it is oh sooo close!

fliptide

Reaction score
Here's a thread on another forum describing the oil change on the 3rd gen diesel. It doesn't seem that mysterious really! This thread doesn't cover the fuel filter though.
Hopefully doing it oneself doesn't mess with the warranty coverage ? I guess as long receipts are kept, maybe even pictures as well, it should be OK.
I've had the 'brilliant idea' to change my own oil on occasion : I get the job done successfully, but usually I spill oil on the floor, then step in it and tread it all over the garage, and while taking the drain plug out, I invariably finish up with oil running down my hand and up my sleeve. That other thread I linked as a comment or two referencing a "Fumoto drain valve hose kit", which sounds like exactly what I need to save me from myself ! In the past I concluded that the ~ $40 odd I saved by doing it myself was hardly worth it for the mess I made and how long it took ! At $200 I might just have to learn how to get better at it.
Around the 7 minute mark for fuel filter change. This guy also has a full video on oil change and install Fumoto.
Yes, keep receipts for warranty.

testcrewman

Reaction score
My truck hit port allen yesterday and has an ETA to MD 3/16-3/25 that was from ram chat
When I spoke with Arron at MD on Friday last week, he told me they had over 300 vehicles at Port Allen awaiting delivery to the dealership. Mine and several other of us here have been waiting a week since arrival at Port Allen. It may take a little longer than what RamChat is telling you to get to the dealership.

Rich6896

Reaction score
I've never ordered a car before. Hypothetically, what happens if MD tells me to pick up my order while I'm out of county for vacation(2weeks)?

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
I've never ordered a car before. Hypothetically, what happens if MD tells me to pick up my order while I'm out of county for vacation(2weeks)?
You need to complete funding of your order within 4 days to get it off their books. I don't think they would have an issue sitting the truck for a few days, but I'd get that in an email.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd speak with @TSL. I believe he was potentially going to be in a similar situation and MD said they could work with him. He probably has some first-hand knowledge of what they're able to do to work with you.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rest assured they will work with you! There is a time frame that you have to close the deal. I did it on-line and a week later drove down to get it. I was hesitant about closing the deal without inspecting but Aaron assured me that he would tear up the paperwork if something was screwed up with the truck whenever I did take delivery.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Not sure if this is helpful or even if it's 100% true but fwiw a dealer told me a sure fire way to make your build take longer is add a sunroof

1Raider

Reaction score
Rest assured they will work with you! There is a time frame that you have to close the deal. I did it on-line and a week later drove down to get it. I was hesitant about closing the deal without inspecting but Aaron assured me that he would tear up the paperwork if something was screwed up with the truck whenever I did take delivery.
Yea im kinda hesitant myself on closing a deal without inspection etc.. Has anyone had them do some window tint before they picked there truck up?

Nbv316

Reaction score
Yea im kinda hesitant myself on closing a deal without inspection etc.. Has anyone had them do some window tint before they picked there truck up?
I asked this same question to Renae when I ordered and she recommended that I have the windows tinted locally where I live in case there are any issues with bubbling. It didn't sound like they wanted to do it at all.

Last edited:

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
Definitely not true about the sunroof adding to build time. Mine was done in 6-7 weeks, deposit to dealer lot.

Users who are viewing this thread