5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Hasti17

Reaction score
So, got my window sticker last night. Based on averages for window sticker to dealer lot, I'll be looking at sometime between Christmas and New Year's. Planning for the trip to Lake Charles is going to be fun.

Did Mark Dodge contact you all when the window sticker popped up to start payment, or do they wait until it's on the lot. Going to go back through the thread, trying to get a sense of what I'm looking at.
I told them, usually takes 2-3 days to ship and then 2 weeks or less to get to MD with no delays.
Anyone know off hand the time frame MD wants you to pick your truck up in once it arrives?
Once it gets to the dealership financing is intermediate question on their mind They want to make sure that the truck gets paid for with a very short time frame My truck got there On the second and I had financing done on the 3rd sigbed all the papers, in reality if you start poking around while the truck is in shipping and determine what youd like to do financing wise, no reason you cant be fully prepared to jump as soon as it gets there, hell I didn't even sell my current truck until the 6th and the financing was not impacted, then rolled the equity to MD based on what my old truck was valued at. Quick side note, The truck I just sold (Canyon Duramax),is listed for sale at the dealer i sold it too for less than $800 from what I paid for it four years and 60,000 miles ago. So as far as that goes its still good enough a trade market they effectively will ask you your price.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm paying cash, so that part isn't a problem, it's just about making arrangements for flights, etc. It's going to end up hitting at a crazy time of the year.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I'm paying cash, so that part isn't a problem, it's just about making arrangements for flights, etc. It's going to end up hitting at a crazy time of the year.
i booked a flight just after the Tail end of the shipping window, they will give you a 3 week spread when it "should Arrive" my truck showed up well in advance of the end of the window, it was originally 11/29-12/13. it got there 12/2. i booked a flight on 12/1 for the 15th. ultimately i waited to hear it was in Louisiana before scheduling flights.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i booked a flight just after the Tail end of the shipping window, they will give you a 3 week spread when it "should Arrive" my truck showed up well in advance of the end of the window, it was originally 11/29-12/13. it got there 12/2. i booked a flight on 12/1 for the 15th. ultimately i waited to hear it was in Louisiana before scheduling flights.
I'm glad flights in there are pretty consistent, one thing I want to avoid is having to pay a jacked up rate for a last second flight!

Hasti17

Reaction score
I'm glad flights in there are pretty consistent, one thing I want to avoid is having to pay a jacked up rate for a last second flight!
Also, Looks like for me 2-3 weeks was the "sweet Spot" for flights. cheapest prices combined with lots of options. we have to connect in Dulles and fly to MSY, rent a car and drive because thats the fastest trip route and Half the price and total time of flying directly to LCH, and a THIRD the price of flying to Houston.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, there are some super cheap possibilities but all of them are $350 max most of the time. The problem is getting into Lake Charles, the earliest flights get me in around 5:30pm which leaves me driving back over night (and I'm a cheap enough to do it to avoid a hotel stay)

Hasti17

Reaction score
Yeah, there are some super cheap possibilities but all of them are $350 max most of the time. The problem is getting into Lake Charles, the earliest flights get me in around 5:30pm which leaves me driving back over night (and I'm a cheap enough to do it to avoid a hotel stay)
Thats also why we are flying to new orleans and just renting a car to drive the 2 hours, we land in new orleans @ 10:30am, get to the dealer around lunchtime, and then head out with plenty of day left. Lake charles only has evening flights inbound basically and im not interested in landing in lake charles to sit on my hands and wait for the next day to drive the new truck

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We'll be driving over, getting an airbnb for a few days while we visit some friends in the area, then driving home.

Unless our camper is ready around the same time, in which case we'll be driving up to Louisville to pick that up then going out west for a few weeks or so.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats also why we are flying to new orleans and just renting a car to drive the 2 hours, we land in new orleans @ 10:30am, get to the dealer around lunchtime, and then head out with plenty of day left. Lake charles only has evening flights inbound basically and im not interested in landing in lake charles to sit on my hands and wait for the next day to drive the new truck
Who are you renting from? I guess I could go that route.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Who are you renting from? I guess I could go that route.
Budget i believe, renting the car from the Lewis Armstrong terminal in New Orleans and I'll drop it off at the Lake Charles terminal once i have the truck
Ended up planning the whole trip through Expedia after shopping all the travel sites simultaneously to fond the best price

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Expedia is where I keep glancing too. I could always rent and then have MD pick me up at the terminal after I return the car. Hmmmm.....

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
Hey. Curious for anyone’s recent experience with MD and how they handle changes in pricing (from order to purchase). My example is that my Rebel MSRP has increased $3665 since I ordered it, per my latest POC sent a few days ago by Sandi. I have, likely the same as many of you, a sales price we agreed on…and yes, the note that the price is subject to change. I’ve read that they honor the agreed price and some say they price protect all sold orders. Wondering what has been the truth, if anyone has gone through the same situation. Btw, 13 weeks today and still in D status.

Derek916

Reaction score
Hey. Curious for anyone’s recent experience with MD and how they handle changes in pricing (from order to purchase). My example is that my Rebel MSRP has increased $3665 since I ordered it, per my latest POC sent a few days ago by Sandi. I have, likely the same as many of you, a sales price we agreed on…and yes, the note that the price is subject to change. I’ve read that they honor the agreed price and some say they price protect all sold orders. Wondering what has been the truth, if anyone has gone through the same situation. Btw, 13 weeks today and still in D status.
On my previous order with MD, Sandi said they honor the price you signed. I didn’t end up going through with the order so I don’t know for sure.

firedfly

Reaction score

I ordered at the end of July and the MSRP on my Limited went up about $1500 between when I ordered and when I took delivery of the truck at the end of October. MD honored the price from when I ordered. The dealer fees went up after I ordered and MD honored the lower dealer fees from when I ordered as well.

Hasti17

Reaction score
They honor the original price quoted

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
They will honor the original agreed upon price with the exception being that their price protection expires after 4 days (maybe 5) from when the truck hits their lot.

In other words, you need to complete the transaction with the finance department within the first 4-5 days otherwise the price protection goes away.

That doesn't mean you taking delivery of the truck within 4-5 days - that just means that you have completed the transaction with finance and paid them (or gotten your loan done or whatever other method you will use to complete the purchase)

Derek916

Reaction score
Sounds like I picked the right dealer. 😊

Appreciate the replies and I’ll let you know how it goes for me.
I confirmed with her a second time today that it is protected and she said yes. Had to do it after seeing a $1000 increase on my POC for a laramie.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Well, i had an AMAZING experience with Earl Riggs, most hospitable dealer ive ever met.aaron was also awesome, picked her up and could no be happier.

Attachments

• 20211215_155626.jpg
    20211215_155626.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20211215_155626.jpg
    20211215_155626.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 80

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, i had an AMAZING experience with Earl Riggs, most hospitable dealer ive ever met.aaron was also awesome, picked her up and could no be happier.
I'm not at all jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread