5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They wouldn't. But, worth a shot.
For sure. Just saying that I understand why the dealers won't.

The really frustrating part of this, is that RAM could fix a lot of their communication problems just by letting us check the status of our trucks ourselves.

Reactions: x50

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
did you get a quote for your wrangler from MD? How did the offer compare? Was it too far to trade it in? I’m planning to trade my wrangler in at MD as the sales tax savings is too great.

I didn’t consider trading. Sold it outright. Good too good of a deal to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x50

Reaction score
For sure. Just saying that I understand why the dealers won't.

The really frustrating part of this, is that RAM could fix a lot of their communication problems just by letting us check the status of our trucks ourselves.
Agree 100%. Access to the BS and WS is already there. Just let us check the VIN for current status too. I'll make that my suggestion on my next ram chat survey. :)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Access to the BS and WS is already there. Just let us check the VIN for current status too. I'll make that my suggestion on my next ram chat survey. :)
I have a text document with all the canned info they always ask for and a write-up I did for feedback. I just copy paste every time I hit them up. They're probably sick of seeing it...

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a text document with all the canned info they always ask for and a write-up I did for feedback. I just copy paste every time I hit them up. They're probably sick of seeing it...
I do the same thing! I give them the canned info before they even ask!

x50

Reaction score
Same here

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
too bad for them! They can simply build your damn truck and get you off their back!
Yeah, I tried to have some patience, knowing others have been waiting longer for their trucks. But, as soon as I hit D1, all bets were off. 🔥

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
please post the answer if you get one. the incentives for louisana are better than the ones in florida so im hoping i can take advantage of that.
Sandi said that they use your zip/location to obtain incentives. In this case, she said it’s both 1k + financing.

nhartt88

Reaction score
thats interesting, lake charles zip code cash incentive for a laramie 4x4 is $2k but my own zip code for the same model is $1k (no financing).

I was under the assumption that when buying from MD, we technically took delivery of the truck in Louisiana then had a private 3rd party shipper (not FCA or MD) bring truck to us. I'm going to try to push for the best incentive option of the two and see what happens, no harm in trying.

x50

Reaction score
thats interesting, lake charles zip code cash incentive for a laramie 4x4 is $2k but my own zip code for the same model is $1k (no financing).

I was under the assumption that when buying from MD, we technically took delivery of the truck in Louisiana then had a private 3rd party shipper (not FCA or MD) bring truck to us. I'm going to try to push for the best incentive option of the two and see what happens, no harm in trying.
It should be where you buy the truck because the truck is sold to the dealer then they flip it. The incentives are to move vehicles in certain areas.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, got my window sticker last night. Based on averages for window sticker to dealer lot, I'll be looking at sometime between Christmas and New Year's. Planning for the trip to Lake Charles is going to be fun.

Did Mark Dodge contact you all when the window sticker popped up to start payment, or do they wait until it's on the lot. Going to go back through the thread, trying to get a sense of what I'm looking at.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So, got my window sticker last night. Based on averages for window sticker to dealer lot, I'll be looking at sometime between Christmas and New Year's. Planning for the trip to Lake Charles is going to be fun.

Did Mark Dodge contact you all when the window sticker popped up to start payment, or do they wait until it's on the lot. Going to go back through the thread, trying to get a sense of what I'm looking at.
never ever pay for a vehicle before the dealer has it.

you never know when it might be damaged.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
never ever pay for a vehicle before the dealer has it.

you never know when it might be damaged.
Oh no, I wouldn't pay for it before I see it. Need to see what they can offer for incentives, financing if I got that route, etc.

Nova90

Reaction score

They will reach out to you and begin the process once the truck is in their lot.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Anyone know off hand the time frame MD wants you to pick your truck up in once it arrives?
They weren't pushy with us, and we took a while after it arrived to fly/drive to get it. With as uncertain as the delivery date was, it wasn't possible for us to plan in advance. Combined with the fact they called about the truck being in when my SO had just flown out of town for a week, it was close to two weeks from arrival to us picking it up.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They weren't pushy with us, and we took a while after it arrived to fly/drive to get it. With as uncertain as the delivery date was, it wasn't possible for us to plan in advance. Combined with the fact they called about the truck being in when my SO had just flown out of town for a week, it was close to two weeks from arrival to us picking it up.
That's good to know because I think I'm going to have a similar timeframe.

Users who are viewing this thread