5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Not the person you were responding to, but I figured I would give my experience financing through Mark Dodge when I purchased a few weeks ago.

My credit score was high 700s. With $1000 down (the deposit on the truck) on my ~$60k purchase price, I was offered a 3.5% loan for 60 months. Putting an extra $10k down ($11k total), that dropped it to 1.95% for 60 months.

If you don't take any special financing from Chrysler Capital, Mark Dodge's rates seemed competitive. The 1.95% is lower than what my credit union advertised. I ended up taking the 0% for 48 months, though.
That's good info. I haven't talked financing with them. I would take that rate. When did you negotiate financing? Before or after the truck showed up? I always have 2.4% from my credit union to fall back on.

Hasti17

Reaction score
You have 4 days from the time Mark Dodge takes delivery of your truck to finalize the deal with them - contracts signed and money exchanged - in order to keep your "order protection" on the pricing you agreed to. So you may not want to wait around too long to try and time the interest rate market.
Good info, but if it isnt going to be AT the dealer untill december, then it still behooves the buyer to wait for the start of that month to lock in whatever they choose, just so all the cards are on the table

4th RAM

Reaction score
For MD, I financed part and gave a big down payment after they received the truck.
I wired the down-payment. My bank requires me to go in person and have all the funds on 1 bank account. MD provides wiring instructions. My bank recommended calling to verify the wiring instructions. I called MD, who had me speak to the person who gave me the wiring instructions, which defeats the purpose. Ideally, another person would confirm it.

I did ask MD to send me a video before paying. It wasn't helpful. The moved too fast, didn't cover the whole vehicle, and they spun the camera in 3 different directions, so half the video was upside down.

I decided to have faith in MD assuming they would inspect it well. I had intended to go there to pick it up, but life got in the way.

For the timeline: I knew it would arrive at MD in a 2 week window. As soon as it arrived, I sold my old truck. I could have done it sooner to be more prepared.
Then I had to wait 1 day plus a bank holiday for the check to clear. I dithered over the wording of the forms and lost a day there. They have you sign forms that have not been filled out fully, which I don't like. One of the forms was a demand note for the deposit, which was binding me to pay immediately upon their request, but I hadn't even finalized the loan. I didn't sign that one.
They were very kind about my questions.
I also lost a day over the insurance. I called to get it insured on a Friday afternoon. and my insurer said it was covered, but didn't make a binder. I had to call back Monday to get coverage. Hint here: follow the MD instructions. I did retro coverage back to the day I signed the loan.
I am now waiting for the guy at MD to contact me about scheduling shipping.

firedfly

Reaction score
That's good info. I haven't talked financing with them. I would take that rate. When did you negotiate financing? Before or after the truck showed up? I always have 2.4% from my credit union to fall back on.

Discussed financing after the truck arrived at MD. Had everything finalized and DocuSigned a few hours after Aaron called to tell me the truck had arrived.

mike146

Reaction score
for those that had truck shipped to them, I am in NY area so about 1500 miles away... was your new truck driven to you or was it on a flatbed?

Thank you.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
for those that had truck shipped to them, I am in NY area so about 1500 miles away... was your new truck driven to you or was it on a flatbed?

Thank you.

If they drive it that far that would be for lack of a better word. DUMB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
If they drive it that far that would be for lack of a better word. DUMB

Im getting mine shipped to PA I expect no more than 10 miles on the truck before I get it…. Anything more than that is joy riding. It only has to go to the gas station after it’s delivered then to the truck to get shipped. 1500 miles is a used truck

firedfly

Reaction score
Im getting mine shipped to PA I expect no more than 10 miles on the truck before I get it…. Anything more than that is joy riding. It only has to go to the gas station after it’s delivered then to the truck to get shipped. 1500 miles is a used truck

I picked mine up at MD at it had 17 miles when I picked it up. IIRC, that was about the same as my previous car that was also factory ordered.

Derek916

Reaction score
I picked mine up at MD at it had 17 miles when I picked it up. IIRC, that was about the same as my previous car that was also factory ordered.
How did you track your shipped date? I got my build sheet today and am trying to time when I should pull my financing since it is good for 30 days.

Following your timeline mine should be
11/16 build sheet date
11/26 pull financing
12/9 truck arrives at MD

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
How did you track your shipped date? I got my build sheet today and am trying to time when I should pull my financing since it is good for 30 days.

11/16 build sheet date
11/26 pull financing
12/9 truck arrives at MD
you can not guess until you get a window sticker

because there are things that could go wrong.

firedfly

Reaction score

11/16 build sheet date
11/26 pull financing
12/9 truck arrives at MD
After the truck left SHAP, Ramchat was able to tell me an estimated arrival date at MD. This wasn't helpful as it kept being extended the longer I waited. However, MD is able to see the status of the truck during shipping. I ended up emailing Sandi every week or so to check on the progress. Every time, she would remind me that delivery would likely be delayed due to a shortage of carriers to move the truck from the railyard in Baton Rouge to MD.

I'd guess that you'll be looking at 10 days to 5 weeks for transit from SHAP to MD. As @bigdodge mentioned, there could be a delay between getting your BS and your WS. Mine was only a day. Some people have waited a few weeks after getting their BS before their WS was created.

Hasti17

Reaction score
After the truck left SHAP, Ramchat was able to tell me an estimated arrival date at MD. This wasn't helpful as it kept being extended the longer I waited. However, MD is able to see the status of the truck during shipping. I ended up emailing Sandi every week or so to check on the progress. Every time, she would remind me that delivery would likely be delayed due to a shortage of carriers to move the truck from the railyard in Baton Rouge to MD.

I'd guess that you'll be looking at 10 days to 5 weeks for transit from SHAP to MD. As @bigdodge mentioned, there could be a delay between getting your BS and your WS. Mine was only a day. Some people have waited a few weeks after getting their BS before their WS was created.
yea, my truck was built 10/19(26 days between BS and WS), and it Just entered Shipping status With no ETA on Sunday... Wait until you have an ETA and even then you might need to wait some more

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

Wtf 10 days to five weeks . I have a window of 11/23-12/08 delivery too MD. Got an email today stating truck is on the move to MD. Now for my question. How long after RAM sent your email telling u truck was being shipped to dealer that u would get it? I feel dealers should line up trucks for transportation because I would easily pay extra to have my truck sooner. Thia is taking forever

firedfly

Reaction score
Wtf 10 days to five weeks . I have a window of 11/23-12/08 delivery too MD. Got an email today stating truck is on the move to MD. Now for my question. How long after RAM sent your email telling u truck was being shipped to dealer that u would get it? I feel dealers should line up trucks for transportation because I would easily pay extra to have my truck sooner. Thia is taking forever

I don't recall receiving an email from RAM that my truck had shipped. I checked with Sandi a few days after my window sticker and was told it was on a train. In my opinion, a delivery window from RAM won't tell you much. They kept changing mine the longer my truck was in shipping.

IIRC, it took about 2 weeks for the train to take my truck from SHAP to Port Allen in Baton Rouge. From there it was about a week before a carrier took the truck to MD. While my truck was waiting at Port Allen, Sandi reminded me several times that there were a shortage of drivers and it could take another 2-4 weeks before they received my truck. Thankfully it was only a week. Perhaps MD was just managing expectations on when my truck would arrive in case it was slow. I'm not sure what an average amount of time in transit to MD would be. I believe @triple_B has been tracking transit times for a number of dealers. He might be able to give some more insight into the min/max/avg time it takes for trucks to ship to Mark Dodge.

To contrast my experience, there was another forum member whose truck left SHAP a week before mine. MD had his truck 10 days later. Hopefully your truck will arrive quickly.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I don't recall receiving an email from RAM that my truck had shipped. I checked with Sandi a few days after my window sticker and was told it was on a train. In my opinion, a delivery window from RAM won't tell you much. They kept changing mine the longer my truck was in shipping.

IIRC, it took about 2 weeks for the train to take my truck from SHAP to Port Allen in Baton Rouge. From there it was about a week before a carrier took the truck to MD. While my truck was waiting at Port Allen, Sandi reminded me several times that there were a shortage of drivers and it could take another 2-4 weeks before they received my truck. Thankfully it was only a week. Perhaps MD was just managing expectations on when my truck would arrive in case it was slow. I'm not sure what an average amount of time in transit to MD would be. I believe @triple_B has been tracking transit times for a number of dealers. He might be able to give some more insight into the min/max/avg time it takes for trucks to ship to Mark Dodge.

To contrast my experience, there was another forum member whose truck left SHAP a week before mine. MD had his truck 10 days later. Hopefully your truck will arrive quickly.
this has me genuinely worried As mine although done, didn't ship, and Currently I have untill 12/12 to fly down and pick it up before the end of this year because i cannot for the last 2 weeks of december or the first week in January. a highly unlikely deadline in many cases. and im certainly not willing to Put a note on a Truck in December and make payments on it, if it sits in a Louisiana parking lot for a month or more

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wtf 10 days to five weeks . I have a window of 11/23-12/08 delivery too MD. Got an email today stating truck is on the move to MD. Now for my question. How long after RAM sent your email telling u truck was being shipped to dealer that u would get it? I feel dealers should line up trucks for transportation because I would easily pay extra to have my truck sooner. Thia is taking forever....
I believe @triple_B has been tracking transit times for a number of dealers. He might be able to give some more insight into the min/max/avg time it takes for trucks to ship to Mark Dodge.

If you look at the table in my daily posts it gives the average transit time from WS to Dealer lot for each state. (WS to Lot) Louisiana currently sits at 18.6 days average.

1637088512396.png

Specifically, to Mark Dodge I have tracked 119 trucks with an average delivery of 19.67 days WS to Lot (Ranging from 11 to 31). A lot depends on where it falls in train schedule when it comes out of the factory. It may go straight on the train and immediately be moving, or it may sit for days waiting on the next available train car heading the right direction before it leaves.

Hasti17

Reaction score
If you look at the table in my daily posts it gives the average transit time from WS to Dealer lot for each state. (WS to Lot)

Specifically, to Mark Dodge I have tracked 119 trucks with an average delivery of 19.67 days WS to Lot
this is what i told my wife to keep her sanguine LOL

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I never received anything from ram for the first truck. and so far nothing on the second one.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
If you look at the table in my daily posts it gives the average transit time from WS to Dealer lot for each state. (WS to Lot) Louisiana currently sits at 18.6 days average.

View attachment 111368

Specifically, to Mark Dodge I have tracked 119 trucks with an average delivery of 19.67 days WS to Lot (Ranging from 11 to 31). A lot depends on where it falls in train schedule when it comes out of the factory. It may go straight on the train and immediately be moving, or it may sit for days waiting on the next available train car heading the right direction before it leaves.

Ok this isn’t bad. So I got the window sticker on 11/6 so next Friday wouldn’t be that bad. Then maybe a couple days for it to get delivered to me. So with the holiday mixed it. I would assume the first week in December it will be in my driveway. As always thanks for all the work you do

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I never received anything from ram for the first truck. and so far nothing on the second one.

I most likely only get it because I’m a pain in the ***…. I wanted to make sure it was before the mandate kicks in since im a government employee. I might be out of work if they keep the mandate deadline.

Users who are viewing this thread