5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Nova90

Reaction score
Does anyone know if MD puts their dealership swag sticker on the truck? i would prefer not to have a dealership name on it. Besides i am in PA and no ones going to know where MD is located. i know i can ask my sales person but don't like to bother for something like this when my build is not even close to being a thought in a factory workers mind.

I'm in PA too. Mine came with the rear license plate and a very discreet vinyl sticker on the lower drivers side rear window as shown below. The sticker peeled right off.

IMG_9599.jpg

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
Anyone order a Big Horn with the Back Country package? Or just me? I placed my order Friday, but probably wasn't finalized until Monday 10/11/2021. I wanted more options on a Laramie, but really wanted the Quad cab, so I had to order a Big Horn. I test drive several and can't wait for it to get here. But I realistic in that it may take 6 months. I haven't seen any Back Country on the Ram locator yet (I put in a lot of zip codes around the country!)

Last edited:

magnetized

Reaction score
just got an estimate from them Friday - pricing was really strong, 13% off MSRP. I'm considering putting down the deposit for a 22 Limited and trading my 2020 Laramie.

Curious is anyone is considering doing a trade for a long distance purchase, or just selling local and flying in and driving home in the new truck? I'd hate to get down there and the trade value is 'light'.
I negotiated the value of my trade over the phone with Aaron and they honored that price when I picked up my truck.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I negotiated the value of my trade over the phone with Aaron and they honored that price when I picked up my truck.
That is what I'm leaning for given the rep of MD . BUT my daughter may want my trade. Hard to say no but will put me in a bind getting to MD. But blood is thicker!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Anyone order a Big Horn with the Back Country package? Or just me? I placed my order Friday, but probably wasn't finalized until Monday 10/11/2021. I wanted more options on a Laramie, but really wanted the Quad cab, so I had to order a Big Horn. I test drive several and can't wait for it to get here. But I realistic in that it may take 6 months. I haven't seen any Back Country on the Ram locator yet (I put in a lot of zip codes around the country!)
when you get your vin don't forget to register for the tracker.

Hasti17

Reaction score
So i thought id detail my plan to the group of MD Travellers, my truck is hopefully passing final inspection as the best truck they have ever built, and in the mean time i have coordinated our plan to fly down from NY. We will fly into MSY New Orleans as it is the cheapest by literally a factor of half from flying right into LCH airport. From there we will rent a car ($150) and drive it to the dealer almost exactly 3 Hours away, pick up the new ride, and then drop the rental at the LCH airport depot. We intend on spending the night in lake charles(thinking golden nugget resort?) Before making the days drive to tennessee to do a little sightseeing. Currently to fly right to lake charles would set us back almost 700 dollars and the layovers are all terrible, whereas the flights to MSY in New Orleans come in at 300 dollars. So for anyone pricing out a longer flight that may be helpful. As for why we arent letting them deliver the truck to us as many opt for... Wife and i cant stand the idea of anyone but us putting those first highway miles on a truck built for us, but if you do fly in you could save a bundle if you were willing to let them drive it to you.

firedfly

Reaction score
Wife and i cant stand the idea of anyone but us putting those first highway miles on a truck built for us, but if you do fly in you could save a bundle if you were willing to let them drive it to you.

So, if they deliver within their 250 mile delivery range, they drive the truck to you? They don't put it on a trailer and tow it to your location?

My wife and I will be in New Orleans next weekend and I had hoped my truck would be in before the trip. If they trailer the truck when delivering, I would see if we could work out for them to deliver it to us while we are in the "area". I'm not sure we'd be able to arrange the 3 hour drive to Lake Charles to pick up the truck during the trip.

If they actually drive the truck when delivering, then I wouldn't want to go with that option. At this point, I'm expecting the truck to arrive too late for us to pick up during our trip. In which case, I'll either fly directly into Lake Charles or do like @Hasti17 and rent a car from a city nearby.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They drive it although I'm sure Aaron can arrange what you're talking about through whoever their carrier is. But it wouldn't be free (3rd party option).

monkeypunch

Reaction score
So at this point the only thing stopping me from getting real ****ty with MD and RAM is the great price MD has on the truck. I realize I ordered after other people here, but this is ********. Using "parts shortage" as an excuse to **** over sold builds is ridiculous. If the refreshed GMC Denalli getting introduced tomorrow looks good inside, I may start shopping for one. The estimated Spring delivery may beat RAM at this point. It's pretty obvious at this point no one at RAM gives a **** about our orders.

Hasti17

Reaction score
So at this point the only thing stopping me from getting real ****ty with MD and RAM is the great price MD has on the truck. I realize I ordered after other people here, but this is ********. Using "parts shortage" as an excuse to **** over sold builds is ridiculous. If the refreshed GMC Denalli getting introduced tomorrow looks good inside, I may start shopping for one. The estimated Spring delivery may beat RAM at this point. It's pretty obvious at this point no one at RAM gives a **** about our orders.
You are right. I was saying the same thing, also noticed the little fine print on GMC release saying "reservation does not guarentee delivery in a specific period of time" that sounds loud and clear like same Sh*t different toilet. None of these brands have the outreach to actually hear us where it counts and unfortunately courtesy isnt as common the bigger the corporation gets.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday and was told to expect 16-24 weeks.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just don't see what the dealer can do about it. They don't have any other insight into what's going on than anyone else. Even the regional reps are going to be limited on what they are allowed to communicate to dealers. I get that it's frustrating, but we're only 6 weeks into production

Hasti17

Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday and was told to expect 16-24 weeks.
did you get added to the tracker? it should help give you some context, congrats and welcome to the Sh*tshow friend

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
did you get added to the tracker? it should help give you some context, congrats and welcome to the Sh*tshow friend
Thanks man. Haven't heard anything about a VIN yet.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Thanks man. Haven't heard anything about a VIN yet.
so, after enough of this i can tell you 2 things with Relative confidence, 1: mark dodge is busy as a rule, they dont always focus on you, its not that they dont care but they have lots of orders and walk-ins, poke them for your vin every couple days.
2: they scrub features from build & price if the Restriction Isn't Temporary. the interior on the laramie was restricted, but not scrubbed, it should be available again, might be worth checking periodically if it becomes available again, try to modify your order. this is evident with Hydro Blue, it has been dissapeared as an option in the last 48 hours... they not only halted its orderability but took it off the build tool, signifying they wont be offering it untill further notice, if we stop seeing the brown interior on the configuator, then they pulled it.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so, after enough of this i can tell you 2 things with Relative confidence, 1: mark dodge is busy as a rule, they dont always focus on you, its not that they dont care but they have lots of orders and walk-ins, poke them for your vin every couple days.
2: they scrub features from build & price if the Restriction Isn't Temporary. the interior on the laramie was restricted, but not scrubbed, it should be available again, might be worth checking periodically if it becomes available again, try to modify your order. this is evident with Hydro Blue, it has been dissapeared as an option in the last 48 hours... they not only halted its orderability but took it off the build tool, signifying they wont be offering it untill further notice, if we stop seeing the brown interior on the configuator, then they pulled it.

Thanks for the info. Is there somewhere to check to see if that interior becomes available without hitting up the dealer? Or maybe just keep checking the Ram build tool and if it doesn't come down, keep asking Aaron about it?

Hasti17

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Is there somewhere to check to see if that interior becomes available without hitting up the dealer? Or maybe just keep checking the Ram build tool and if it doesn't come down, keep asking Aaron about it?
second option, when i ordered, they removed the wireless phone charger from interior options. aaaaand now my truck got built without it, even though in the interim they brought it back and its listed as standard equipment on the 5 pass seating for 2022 Laramie's. so now i have to add it in myself. if in the next six weeks it become available again, its worth the effort to TRY and make the change to your order if its what you really want.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
second option, when i ordered, they removed the wireless phone charger from interior options. aaaaand now my truck got built without it, even though in the interim they brought it back and its listed as standard equipment on the 5 pass seating for 2022 Laramie's. so now i have to add it in myself. if in the next six weeks it become available again, its worth the effort to TRY and make the change to your order if its what you really want.
That sucks. It's one of the reasons why I went to a Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread