5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
His along with several others (and a bunch of other valuable info can be found in this thread.

bdpeter

Reaction score
just got an estimate from them Friday - pricing was really strong, 13% off MSRP. I'm considering putting down the deposit for a 22 Limited and trading my 2020 Laramie.

Curious is anyone is considering doing a trade for a long distance purchase, or just selling local and flying in and driving home in the new truck? I'd hate to get down there and the trade value is 'light'.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just got an estimate from them Friday - pricing was really strong, 13% off MSRP. I'm considering putting down the deposit for a 22 Limited and trading my 2020 Laramie.

Curious is anyone is considering doing a trade for a long distance purchase, or just selling local and flying in and driving home in the new truck? I'd hate to get down there and the trade value is 'light'.
I am. Since I'm in "D" it's to early to start negotiating on trade in value. From the few reports I've heard MD stands be their estimate. I share your concern about under cutting the estimate when you are hundreds of miles away!! There are several Carmax dealers along the route I will take so that is always a fallback. But they can under cut as well.

Another option is to sell locally and rent a car or fly. I just HATE flying especially in these times!!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had an email conversation with Aaron this morning. I'm still in "D". I expressed my frustration seeing trucks with higher VINs being built and delivered also orders months after mine went in. I also told him that I'm not the only one and a lot of forum members are getting thin on patience! He asked me to relay the following:

"Please relay the message to them that I promise that I am doing everything I can. We are seeing SOME movement. Not as much as I would like, but its starting to move. Yall put your faith in us, wont let you down."

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if MD puts their dealership swag sticker on the truck? i would prefer not to have a dealership name on it. Besides i am in PA and no ones going to know where MD is located. i know i can ask my sales person but don't like to bother for something like this when my build is not even close to being a thought in a factory workers mind.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if MD puts their dealership swag sticker on the truck? i would prefer not to have a dealership name on it. Besides i am in PA and no ones going to know where MD is located. i know i can ask my sales person but don't like to bother for something like this when my build is not even close to being a thought in a factory workers mind.
Glancing at pictures of what's on the lot on their website, it doesn't seem like they do.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I ordered this was one of my conditions. Aaron said sometimes the prep guys get to the truck before he can stop them but it is a window sticker that easily peels off.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
Mine was delivered with mark dodge in vinyl letters on the rear window, and also a mark dodge license plate holder. The vinyl letters (not really stickers) were easy enough to remove by just peeling them off by hand.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was delivered with mark dodge in vinyl letters on the rear window, and also a mark dodge license plate holder. The vinyl letters (not really stickers) were easy enough to remove by just peeling them off by hand.

Interesting, mine just had the rear plate with their name on it. Either way, I appreciate they don't put something on there that is difficult to remove like other dealers do.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I make it VERY clear to any dealer that if their sticker is on the car/truck I will NOT be taking possession unless they pay me $500 p/month for advertising!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do know it takes very little effort to take said sticker off right ? I understand not wanting to advertise for them but to walk away from a vehicle because they slap their sticker/ plate frame on it… wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monkeypunch

Reaction score
You do know it takes very little effort to take said sticker off right ? I understand wanting to advertise, but to not sell vehicle because they want slap their sticker/ plate frame on it… wow.

FIFY

Hasti17

Reaction score
My truck went D1 with MD today, 10/19 tenative build date, has anyone flown in? New Orleans is most convenient by a longshot. Its 3 hours to the dealer from the airport anyone have experience with navigating this stuff? Need to start collecting my thoughts about what im gonna do

firedfly

Reaction score
My truck went D1 with MD today, 10/19 tenative build date, has anyone flown in? New Orleans is most convenient by a longshot. Its 3 hours to the dealer from the airport anyone have experience with navigating this stuff? Need to start collecting my thoughts about what im gonna do
I believe they will deliver the truck within 250 miles of Lake Charles. New Orleans is within that range. However, I *think* they drive your truck to you. That may be an option to pursue when your delivery nears.

I've been planning on flying into either Houston or Lafayette as I can get non-stop flights there from Atlanta. From there, I was going to get a one way rental car to drive the remaining 1-2 hours. However, depending on dates, there are currently no rental cars available to rent one-way. I may end up flying directly into Lake Charles with a layover in Houston. I'll figure that out once my truck arrives at MD--hopefully in the next few weeks.

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
For those of you - myself included - that are purchasing from Mark Dodge and putting some miles on your truck to get home, I'd suggest getting some temporary paint protection film to keep from getting rock chips and such on your new truck during your trip home.

I'm planning to add some Track Armor - https://www.trackarmour.com/products/6x100-trackarmour-film - to the front of my Laramie before I head out of Lake Charles. Bumper, Grill, Front of Hood. Easy to lay down and easy to remove within a couple of days.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I believe they will deliver the truck within 250 miles of Lake Charles. New Orleans is within that range. However, I *think* they drive your truck to you. That may be an option to pursue when your delivery nears.

I've been planning on flying into either Houston or Lafayette as I can get non-stop flights there from Atlanta. From there, I was going to get a one way rental car to drive the remaining 1-2 hours. However, depending on dates, there are currently no rental cars available to rent one-way. I may end up flying directly into Lake Charles with a layover in Houston. I'll figure that out once my truck arrives at MD--hopefully in the next few weeks.
Yea im flying from albany preferably, but we will see. The biggest issue is finding connecting flights

Yangster

Reaction score
Details below. No MD logo except for license frame. They gave me a quote on my Lexus in January and upped it by $3k when my truck came in. Drove to MD from Atlanta. They didn't even look by trade over...just took the keys. By far the easiest purchase on a new vehicle!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do know it takes very little effort to take said sticker off right ? I understand not wanting to advertise for them but to walk away from a vehicle because they slap their sticker/ plate frame on it… wow.

Some are and some aren't. I bought a new black Firebird years ago and the dealer slapped a round gold and silver dealer sticker right in the middle of the plastic bumper. The sticker came of easy BUT the adhesive left a noticeable ring that NEVER came off. I make my intentions clear up front, the dealer accepts terms and we are all happy. Never had to walk away from one yet!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you - myself included - that are purchasing from Mark Dodge and putting some miles on your truck to get home, I'd suggest getting some temporary paint protection film to keep from getting rock chips and such on your new truck during your trip home.

I'm planning to add some Track Armor - https://www.trackarmour.com/products/6x100-trackarmour-film - to the front of my Laramie before I head out of Lake Charles. Bumper, Grill, Front of Hood. Easy to lay down and easy to remove within a couple of days.
Just bought some based on your earlier suggestion. Great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread