5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Ceramic Coating - worth it?

deanno33

Reaction score
My Backcountry in Billet just arrived today. Talked with the finance folks there. Their ceramic coating, which includes interior treatment as well, is on special apparently for $545. Although I've never purchased ceramic in the past, I know there are different grades of ceramic, and some very expensive. Any experience with the Mark Dodge coating?? Looking for opinions quick before I sign off on all finance details :)

sam5828

Reaction score
This is a dealership coating. It is a spray sealant. All they are selling you is a worthless warranty for nothing.

Well pic wont upload. But dont waste your money

magnetized

Reaction score
I almost had them coat it when I got mine, but decided to let a local company do it instead. Figured if I wasn't satisfied, it would be easier to have them rectify it rather than having to drive 4 hours back to Mark Dodge.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the coating coke with a warranty? We sell a product and it covers small dents, pays for paint less dent repairs and interior stains, tears and so on.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does the coating coke with a warranty? We sell a product and it covers small dents, pays for paint less dent repairs and interior stains, tears and so on.
Dents?😲

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The most important part of having a great looking ceramic coating is paint preparation, even on a brand new truck, and that's not going to happen at a dealer or at that price.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The most important part of having a great looking ceramic coating is paint preparation, even on a brand new truck, and that's not going to happen at a dealer or at that price.
Exactly, paint prep/correction is needed. There may be a few that have good detail centers. Most do not. A friend of mine got his new GMC ceramic coated by a local detail shop and was $1000 with a 3 year coating including the paint correction, it looks great.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly, paint prep/correction is needed. There may be a few that have good detail centers. Most do not. A friend of mine got his new GMC ceramic coated by a local detail shop and was $1000 with a 3 year coating including the paint correction, it looks great.
Thanks, I was having a senior moment and couldn't think of the word "Correction" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online