5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Update woes

Longball

Reaction score
The Nav system on my 2019 1500 has stopped functioning accurately. It shows im about 200 miles away in a forest when I am at home lol. The compass has also gone off calibration.
I got an email from Uconnect last week saying there is a map update available. Part of the update process is to get the application version that is supposedly found by holding down the drivers side temp, and front defrost buttons simutainously. Nothing happens when I do. Ive tried with ignition on, accy, and off. Anybody successfully updated this way? Also, how much $ was the map?

Thanks!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the 12” uconnect you have to hold the two outermost icons on the bottom of the screen for quite a while before the menu will appear.

I’m not sure which uconnect screen you have, but you may need to hold the buttons longer. This can be done with the engine running, and most likely with it off in accessory.

Longball

Reaction score
On the 12” uconnect you have to hold the two outermost icons on the bottom of the screen for quite a while before the menu will appear.

I’m not sure which uconnect screen you have, but you may need to hold the buttons longer. This can be done with the engine running, and most likely with it off in accessory.
I have the 8.4 screen and Im using the physical buttons. Maybe I need to use the ones on the screen? Bet that's it! I'll try that.

Users who are viewing this thread