5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map lights won't turn off

onelochevy

Reaction score
Came out this morning to swap my map lights to led. I had the console light switched to the off position and while I was popping the cover off of one of the lights, the bulb lit. Now it will not turn off at all. Only way to get it off is to remove the bulb from the socket. Any ideas on what caused this?

onelochevy

Reaction score
Well, I got it fixed. Don't know if I knocked a contact out of whack or what but I kept tinkering with it and it fixed itself. Map lights, dome light and cargo light all swapped out.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue but can't fix it.

Sorry to hear this, @Rebelreaper! If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members, we kindly recommend addressing this with your local Ram dealer. If you are in need of any additional support for that process, our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

OKRam1500

Reaction score
Just had this same thing happen. Does anyone know where you can find the wiring diagram for the overhead console?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know if related, but I had trouble with my Dakota dome light for years, could make it shut off by hitting the headliner in the right place. I finally got fed up and dug into it, found light socket had come out of its cheap push-in plastic mount and laying against other stuff. Shoved it back where it was supposed to be with a dab of glue and all was well. Wiring diagram wouldn't have led me to that, sometimes visual inspection is the answer. If you're somewhat tool-savvy, dig in. 🪛

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just had this same thing happen. Does anyone know where you can find the wiring diagram for the overhead console?
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Should you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM, our team would be happy to look further into this for you.

Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread