5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making Progress De-Chroming Limited

myram2019

Reaction score
Im also interested in the window and door trims in black.

Do they sell factory painted mirror caps for non-tow mirrors?

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Im also interested in the window and door trims in black.

Do they sell factory painted mirror caps for non-tow mirrors?

I can't answer your question for the window trim, but the mirror caps/covers are sold pre-painted in your factory color. Avondale Automotive's ebay store seems to be the place we're all getting them from: https://www.ebay.com/str/AVONDALE-AUTOMOTIVE for ~$65/set.

There's an entire thread in here about replacing them.. it's a PITA and many members have broken their mirrors. You can purchase replacement mirrors, i think they run ~ $170 per or $320 for the set of mirror glass (assuming you have a loaded laramie/limited). https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/side-mirror-removal-to-replace-mirror-cap.1517/

myram2019

Reaction score
I can't answer your question for the window trim, but the mirror caps/covers are sold pre-painted in your factory color. Avondale Automotive's ebay store seems to be the place we're all getting them from: https://www.ebay.com/str/AVONDALE-AUTOMOTIVE for ~$65/set.

There's an entire thread in here about replacing them.. it's a PITA and many members have broken their mirrors. You can purchase replacement mirrors, i think they run ~ $170 per or $320 for the set of mirror glass (assuming you have a loaded laramie/limited). https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/side-mirror-removal-to-replace-mirror-cap.1517/
So i checked and cant find Patriot Blue caps :( . will keep looking thanks for the info.

**anyone looking to trade chrome mirror caps for their Patriot Blue caps**

trixdesigns

Reaction score
So i checked and cant find Patriot Blue caps :( . will keep looking thanks for the info.

**anyone looking to trade chrome mirror caps for their Patriot Blue caps**

Contact them, they’ll get them for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RAMiller

Reaction score
More photos
Awesome looking truck Chado20! Can you help me out? I have the Revel links and am intermittently getting an error that cannot go to ride height due to payload and nothing is in the truck. I also cannot go to OR2. Can you give me the center to center measurements on your links in millimeters.
Thanks in advance!

Chado20

Reaction score
Awesome looking truck Chado20! Can you help me out? I have the Revel links and am intermittently getting an error that cannot go to ride height due to payload and nothing is in the truck. I also cannot go to OR2. Can you give me the center to center measurements on your links in millimeters.
Thanks in advance!

I’ll be honest with you man, the only measuring I did was the wheel wells. I eyeballed the Revel Links to make them same as the factory links and then did one turn until I got the wheel well measurements I wanted. I can go to OR2, but it’s way to bouncy and stiff. I tried it once and have never gone back to OR2 again (honestly have no reason to). OR1 works just fine, typically set it to OR1 when I’m parking, but it still lowers at around 35 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMiller

Reaction score
I’ll be honest with you man, the only measuring I did was the wheel wells. I eyeballed the Revel Links to make them same as the factory links and then did one turn until I got the wheel well measurements I wanted. I can go to OR2, but it’s way to bouncy and stiff. I tried it once and have never gone back to OR2 again (honestly have no reason to). OR1 works just fine, typically set it to OR1 when I’m parking, but it still lowers at around 35 mph.

Ok, thanks. I’m going to play around with my adjustments to make it better. I bouncy in OR1 so I may be adjusted too high.

staffcurtis

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone watches Chicago PD on Wednesday nights, but they have the exact same limited gray color with color matched grill. Looks awesome!

IgorAfichuk

Reaction score
Finally got rid of 99% of the chrome on my Limited. Had the grill painted with black background and Ivory accents. Added new shoes last week with Fuel Contra 22x10 and 33x12.50 Open County M/T. Also, added Revel Links for 38.5 on front and 39 rear in normal setting (no error codes up to this point in OR1 or OR2) thankfully no rubbing issues. Last few projects are replacing chrome window trip (have the black trim hoping to throw on this weekend) and blackout tails. Thanks to Jeremy at Retro Shop for the Ivory matched badass badges and Dustin from Custom Automotive in Kentucky for getting the wheels and tire to Florida for me! Second time I’ve used Custom Automotive in the last three years, highly recommend them no matter where you are located!
Looks great, well done especially how you did your front grill... going to attache couple of pictures the way how I did...

Attachments

• 20190102_115036.jpg
    20190102_115036.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 20181206_150251.jpg
    20181206_150251.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 322
  • 20190102_114948.jpg
    20190102_114948.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 336
  • 20190102_114905.jpg
    20190102_114905.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 327

myram2019

Reaction score
My colored mirror caps came in. Now i have to build up courage to remove the mirrors. :cautious: Gonna do the suction cup method but still...don't wanna break one.

greatone99

Reaction score
Looks great, well done especially how you did your front grill... going to attache couple of pictures the way how I did...
do u have part numbers for the rear drivers window moldings ,I have a 2019 rebel mine r damaged needs replacing ,also how hard r they to remove .thanks

IgorAfichuk

Reaction score
My colored mirror caps came in. Now i have to build up courage to remove the mirrors. :cautious: Gonna do the suction cup method but still...don't wanna break one.
I did break the passenger one- luckily was covered by warranty, but still, you really need to know what you doing, when I brake my first I did learn how that thing works and I came up with " special tool" :)) L shape and I just pushed out from the back, it's actually pretty easy....

IgorAfichuk

Reaction score
do u have part numbers for the rear drivers window moldings ,I have a 2019 rebel mine r damaged needs replacing ,also how hard r they to remove .thanks
Sorry for the damage, but I have no idea how they gets removed.. all I did just wrapped and they came out perfectly fine...

greatone99

Reaction score

Have u done the window trim yet , looking to remove mine , as I have a damaged one on my 19 rebel

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did break the passenger one- luckily was covered by warranty, but still, you really need to know what you doing, when I brake my first I did learn how that thing works and I came up with " special tool" :)) L shape and I just pushed out from the back, it's actually pretty easy....
Interesting, covered by warranty. So you explained to the dealer that you broke it and they said it's covered?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got rid of 99% of the chrome on my Limited. Had the grill painted with black background and Ivory accents. Added new shoes last week with Fuel Contra 22x10 and 33x12.50 Open County M/T. Also, added Revel Links for 38.5 on front and 39 rear in normal setting (no error codes up to this point in OR1 or OR2) thankfully no rubbing issues. Last few projects are replacing chrome window trip (have the black trim hoping to throw on this weekend) and blackout tails. Thanks to Jeremy at Retro Shop for the Ivory matched badass badges and Dustin from Custom Automotive in Kentucky for getting the wheels and tire to Florida for me! Second time I’ve used Custom Automotive in the last three years, highly recommend them no matter where you are located!
How do you like the quality of those Hood emblem stickers? is this where you purchased them?

http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/2019-Ram/

Users who are viewing this thread