5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow 12288 muffler?

mvfjet

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these on their 2019 5.7L 4x4? It's showing on the Magnaflow website that the 3" in 2.5" dual out fits our trucks. Just making sure before I order that it'll fit and if anyone has a video could you post it? Thanks.
4351f59baaf4433e06df25c45342e72f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

TEXAG

Reaction score
I dont.... but please go for it and post a video! I'd probably do it as well. Are you going to keep the resonators?

Here's a video of a different magnaflow muffler (11229) on a 2019 with the resonators.... made little to no sound difference:

Last edited:

mvfjet

Reaction score
I dont.... but please go for it and post a video! I'd probably do it as well. Are you going to keep the resonators?
Yea for now. There's some videos on YouTube of 4th gen Ram's with this muffler but I don't know if the resonators are different for each model. All I know is the 5th gen is super quiet.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out the magnaflow 14” modified by b2fabrication, so it is a bolt-on.

.....or if you want louder, they make one using a Pypes muffler

-they also have a straight thru pipe which is essentially a muffler delete if you want Maximus Loudness!

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I’ll be able to post a video for you on Thursday. My new Ram goes in for the 14” Magnaflow muffler install. I currently have the 18” magnaflow muffler on my 2012 and love the way it sounds, but it’s incredibly quiet at idle once warmed up. I told the shop I wanted something a tad bit more aggressive at idle and whatnot, and they instantly said the 14” magnaflow will liven it up a bit more. I’m excited to see the results, and I’ll make sure to video it for you all to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvfjet

Reaction score
I’ll be able to post a video for you on Thursday. My new Ram goes in for the 14” Magnaflow muffler install. I currently have the 18” magnaflow muffler on my 2012 and love the way it sounds, but it’s incredibly quiet at idle once warmed up. I told the shop I wanted something a tad bit more aggressive at idle and whatnot, and they instantly said the 14” magnaflow will liven it up a bit more. I’m excited to see the results, and I’ll make sure to video it for you all to hear.

The 14" is the 12198 model right? Is your truck a 4x4? Let me know how the fit is. I've read on old posts from the 4th gen that the 14" has more drone but these 5th gens are so damn quiet to begin with!

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I believe it’s the 12198. I’ll be able to confirm once it’s done. It is a 4x4 also. I’ll be able to provide fitment pics and sound videos. My tires drone badly as it is, so I won’t mind some exhaust sound to drown them out lol.

mvfjet

Reaction score
I believe it’s the 12198. I’ll be able to confirm once it’s done. It is a 4x4 also. I’ll be able to provide fitment pics and sound videos. My tires drone badly as it is, so I won’t mind some exhaust sound to drown them out lol.

Any sound clips yet?

AtmozFear

Reaction score
Any sound clips yet?

I can take one, but it’s not worth hearing yet. I was incredibly disappointed on its first start up. There’s so many resonators on these new trucks that even with the 14” magnaflow muffler install, it’s incredibly quiet. You can hear, but hardly. So it’s going back in on Tuesday to have the main resonator up front removed and to see how that sounds. If it’s still too quiet, I’m having the two resonators behind the exhaust tips removed as well. So beware, if you plan on doing a muffler upgrade and want it to be a bit louder, tell them to remove the resonators right off the bat, or else you’ll be like me lol.

mvfjet

Reaction score
I can take one, but it’s not worth hearing yet. I was incredibly disappointed on its first start up. There’s so many resonators on these new trucks that even with the 14” magnaflow muffler install, it’s incredibly quiet. You can hear, but hardly. So it’s going back in on Tuesday to have the main resonator up front removed and to see how that sounds. If it’s still too quiet, I’m having the two resonators behind the exhaust tips removed as well. So beware, if you plan on doing a muffler sound and want it to be a bit louder, tell them to remove the resonators right off the bat, or else you’ll be like me lol.

Did you have that huge coffee can width muffler in front of the rear axle changed? Ok I was about to pull the trigger on the 18" muffler but I guess I gotta go 14" muffler minimum.

AtmozFear

Reaction score
Did you have that huge coffee can width muffler in front of the rear axle changed? Ok I was about to pull the trigger on the 18" muffler but I guess I gotta go 14" muffler minimum.

I have the 18” on my 2012 and love the way it sounds. The whole point of doing the 14” was to get a little more aggressiveness out of it, and I got the complete opposite, haha. Like I said, it’s because of all of the resonators they load up on these newer Ram’s. It’s ridiculous. And yes, I had the massive coffee can looking muffler.

AtmozFear

Reaction score
A short clip I took last night just so you can kind of hear

mvfjet

Reaction score

Here's my stock exhaust warm start. I don't want it too loud anyway so maybe the 14" muffler is perfect for my needs. I looked under the car and all I see is the resonators by the tips, the coffee can Infront of the rear axle and the cats towards the manifolds.

Could you get some revving videos?

AtmozFear

Reaction score

Here's my stock exhaust warm start. I don't want it too loud anyway so maybe the 14" muffler is perfect for my needs. I looked under the car and all I see is the resonators by the tips, the coffee can Infront of the rear axle and the cats towards the manifolds.

Could you get some revving videos?

It’s noticeable over stock, no doubt about that. Maybe the 14” with stock resonators will be perfect for what you’re looking for. It does sound good nonetheless. I’m just looking for more loudness. I’m not used to quiet vehicles due to having modified every truck/car I’ve ever owned, lol.

mvfjet

Reaction score
It’s noticeable over stock, no doubt about that. Maybe the 14” with stock resonators will be perfect for what you’re looking for. It does sound good nonetheless. I’m just looking for more loudness. I’m not used to quiet vehicles due to having modified every truck/car I’ve ever owned, lol.

I'm about to order my 14" muffler. Jegs has a $20 coupon for over $150 so I'll pay $161 shipped for the 12198 Magnaflow and the weather tech mud flaps. Use coupon code SAVENOW. I let my wife drive yesterday and I was in the passenger seat and her and I agreed we hear no V8 rumble lol.

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I’ll be posting a cold start video tomorrow of how it sounds now. Resonators are all eliminated and I think it sounds absolutely amazing. Gave it the tone and loudness i desired. With resonators installed, it was far too quiet for my taste, but still sounded really good.

Users who are viewing this thread