5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magna flow!?!?

19 streak

Reaction score
Sorry. Haven't gotten much of a chance this past couple weeks. Literally raining everyday. I do have a dirty truck cold start that I can post

Ohio19Ram

Reaction score
Yup. Left the resonators out. I couldn't stand the sound that came out of them. Those weep holes sounded like a major exhaust leak. I couldn't handle it anymore. I'm super happy with how it sounds now
Please post video. going to do something with my 19 and not sure if I'm doing carven or MagnaFlow yet. Had MagnaFlow on a Mustang Cobra and loved it

Justin232

Reaction score
Yup. Left the resonators out. I couldn't stand the sound that came out of them. Those weep holes sounded like a major exhaust leak. I couldn't handle it anymore. I'm super happy with how it sounds now
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you delete the resonators? Can you show me some pics. I just did a muffler delete and the exhaust leak noise sounds terrible and I need to fix it ASAP! Thank you

19 streak

Reaction score
Think we could get a video with some revs or how it sounds from the interior? Still liking the system? I ordered the muffler but would like to hear it before I go chopping and welding the exhaust.

I can definitely get some rev videos for you no problem. I've tried to get a video from in the cab and the sound doesn't really get picked up well from inside. I'll try and get you a video from outside tomorrow!

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I can definitely get some rev videos for you no problem. I've tried to get a video from in the cab and the sound doesn't really get picked up well from inside. I'll try and get you a video from outside tomorrow!
Awesome, thanks in advance!

19 streak

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks in advance!

I need to get a drive by video. My wife dropped me off at the gun range the other day while she went Christmas shopping. It's the first time I've heard my truck drive away. I will admit I was "that" guy that waited outside and listened to her drive off. I must admit i loved every second of it lol

19 streak

Reaction score
I get a ton of compliments on it for sure. It's alittle louder now since the muffler has broke in. I still love it though

dragon285

Reaction score
I currently have a muffler delete and resonator delete. I'm putting a magna flow muffler back in today because it's insanely loud without the muffler or resonators. I'll let everyone know how the new sound is

Im planning on getting a Muffler and Resonator delete. You stated that it was insanely loud, and that's why you went and put on the MagnaFlow Muffler. I'm curious how loud was it? Im curious because Ive seen RAMS with only the Muffler Delete, and to me it seems like it could get a bit louder for my taste. Please let me know. Thanks

19 streak

Reaction score
Im planning on getting a Muffler and Resonator delete. You stated that it was insanely loud, and that's why you went and put on the MagnaFlow Muffler. I'm curious how loud was it? Im curious because Ive seen RAMS with only the Muffler Delete, and to me it seems like it could get a bit louder for my taste. Please let me know. Thanks

I started out with just a muffler delete and it wasn't quite enough. Sounded good aside from the stupid airy sound from the resonators. So then I decided to delete the resonators and kept that for a couple days but people were making comments that they could hear me from a mile away. And even in the cab it was way too loud. Don't get me wrong i enjoy some nice sound but it was too much. I ended up swapping the magnaflow muffler out for a straight through design variant muffler and i think it's about perfect now. Still much louder then my wife's 18 sport with a flowmaster outlaw muffler on it but now it's not annoying

dragon285

Reaction score
I started out with just a muffler delete and it wasn't quite enough. Sounded good aside from the stupid airy sound from the resonators. So then I decided to delete the resonators and kept that for a couple days but people were making comments that they could hear me from a mile away. And even in the cab it was way too loud. Don't get me wrong i enjoy some nice sound but it was too much. I ended up swapping the magnaflow muffler out for a straight through design variant muffler and i think it's about perfect now. Still much louder then my wife's 18 sport with a flowmaster outlaw muffler on it but now it's not annoying

Damn something to think about. I guess i'll try it out with muffler delete first at shop, and maybe tap the resonator holes, and see how that goes. I always have my music up loud so the growl wont bother me much. I'm also going to keep the resonator that comes from the front, to at least keep the cabin noise somewhat low. Did you remove that resonator also or did you kept it? Thanks.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
**** something to think about. I guess i'll try it out with muffler delete first at shop, and maybe tap the resonator holes, and see how that goes. I always have my music up loud so the growl wont bother me much. I'm also going to keep the resonator that comes from the front, to at least keep the cabin noise somewhat low. Did you remove that resonator also or did you kept it? Thanks.
I have the same set up as 19 Streak, so I think I can help you out aswell. I would implore you to go ahead and remove the rear resonators, the weep hole "leaky air" sound is horrible and it will drive you nuts, once you notice it, you'll never not notice it. Welding them shut isn't a good idea either because they WILL eventually rust out if you have condensation sitting in the bottom of them all the time when the truck isn't running. They are there for a reason.

dragon285

Reaction score
Thanks to all you guys!! I finally went ahead and did the Muffler and Resonator delete.....THE THING IS AWESOME!!!! and it sound amazing outside and in the cab. I know 19streak said that it was insanely loud to him, but for me its perfect. its also a lot cheaper. Here are some pics, and I'll have a video up ASAP. IMG_1018.jpeg IMG_1019.jpeg IMG_1022.jpeg IMG_1023.jpeg IMG_1020.jpeg IMG_1021.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread