5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magna flow!?!?

Syman02

Reaction score
I had a 14" Magnaflow muffler on my 2016 Rebel. It sounded good, but I wouldn't mind having something a little louder. Anyone have a Magnaflow muffler swap on their truck? Thoughts? Would 14239 be the right part number or is there a better /different one??? Thanks!

John813

Reaction score
I was going to say magnaflow delayed their damn full exhaust kit again.
Only want it cause of the black tips.
May just go the route of just the muffler and then buying OEM black tips.
(Subbing for answer too)

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 14" Magnaflow muffler on my 2016 Rebel. It sounded good, but I wouldn't mind having something a little louder. Anyone have a Magnaflow muffler swap on their truck? Thoughts? Would 14239 be the right part number or is there a better /different one??? Thanks!
I had a 14” 5x8 oval muffler installed on my Ram last week. I do like the deep rumble sound but it really isn’t too loud at all. I wish it had a little more myself but it’s better than stock. With the larger resonators on these 19’s it is not any louder, maybe even less loud than a friend of mine’s ‘15 Ram with a 18” 5x8 oval magnaflow.

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a 14” 5x8 oval muffler installed on my Ram last week. I do like the deep rumble sound but it really isn’t too loud at all. I wish it had a little more myself but it’s better than stock. With the larger resignators on these 19’s it is not any louder, maybe even less loud than a friend of mine’s ‘15 Ram with a 18” 5x8 oval magnaflow.

I've always found that the Magnaflows take a little bit to get louder. For the first week or 2 with mine, especially the first day I thought it was barely any louder than stock, now I'd say it's quite a bit louder. They're packed and not a chambered design (which is good) but also most likely why they need to "break in."

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always found that the Magnaflows take a little bit to get louder. For the first week or 2 with mine, especially the first day I thought it was barely any louder than stock, now I'd say it's quite a bit louder. They're packed and not a chambered design (which is good) but also most likely why they need to "break in."
Thanks for the info. I personally like the sound of the magnaflow, IMO, has a deeper rumble and less of a ‘tingy’ or ‘tin can’ type of sound the Flowmaster can have.

Dean3206

Reaction score
I was just on the magnflow website and it showed 78 available. I couldn’t t find a dealer with them in stock but maybe they are ready now.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I personally like the sound of the magnaflow, IMO, has a deeper rumble and less of a ‘tingy’ or ‘tin can’ type of sound the Flowmaster can have.

I agree, definitely not a fan of flowmasters. The chambered design hinders flow, I also don't like the tone and I've heard a bunch where the welds break on the baffles inside and then it sounds tinny.

It's definitely a personal preference though, so to each their own.

Syman02

Reaction score
I ordered my 5x8 14" today. I get it installed Friday. I wonder if it would be worth removing the resonator upstream of the muffler when I swap out the muffler? Anyone removed this resonator during a swap yet? What do you think? How does it change the sound?

768mph

Reaction score
I ordered my 5x8 14" today. I get it installed Friday. I wonder if it would be worth removing the resonator upstream of the muffler when I swap out the muffler? Anyone removed this resonator during a swap yet? What do you think? How does it change the sound?
How did the install go?
Any drone?

768mph

Reaction score
I had a 14” 5x8 oval muffler installed on my Ram last week. I do like the deep rumble sound but it really isn’t too loud at all. I wish it had a little more myself but it’s better than stock. With the larger resonators on these 19’s it is not any louder, maybe even less loud than a friend of mine’s ‘15 Ram with a 18” 5x8 oval magnaflow.
How does it sound? Any MDS drone?

Syman02

Reaction score
I had a shop do the install but it was quick and easy. No drone at all. I can't hardly hear it unless I really get on it. I wouldn't mind if the exhaust was a little louder.

How did the install go?
Any drone?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a shop do the install but it was quick and easy. No drone at all. I can't hardly hear it unless I really get on it. I wouldn't mind if the exhaust was a little louder.
I felt the same way. It will get louder after a couple weeks or so. Mine sounds very good now.

19 streak

Reaction score
I currently have a muffler delete and resonator delete. I'm putting a magna flow muffler back in today because it's insanely loud without the muffler or resonators. I'll let everyone know how the new sound is

19 streak

Reaction score
I've welded in the magnaflow muffler and I would say it is very comparable to the sound of my old flowmaster outlaw muffler on my 18 in regards to loudness. This magnaflow muffler is more of a deeper, throatier sound instead of the raspier sound that the flowmaster had. I think I'm going to stick with this setup for awhile

berserkr

Reaction score

Do you have the MF part number by chance? Just want to confirm before pulling the trigger...

768mph

Reaction score
I've welded in the magnaflow muffler and I would say it is very comparable to the sound of my old flowmaster outlaw muffler on my 18 in regards to loudness. This magnaflow muffler is more of a deeper, throatier sound instead of the raspier sound that the flowmaster had. I think I'm going to stick with this setup for awhile
Pics and video please. Thanks.

BEEF

Reaction score
Did you leave the resonators out still?

19 streak

Reaction score
Did you leave the resonators out still?

Yup. Left the resonators out. I couldn't stand the sound that came out of them. Those weep holes sounded like a major exhaust leak. I couldn't handle it anymore. I'm super happy with how it sounds now

Users who are viewing this thread