5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magna flow!?!?

Ironwill

Reaction score
I have the same set up as 19 Streak, so I think I can help you out aswell. I would implore you to go ahead and remove the rear resonators, the weep hole "leaky air" sound is horrible and it will drive you nuts, once you notice it, you'll never not notice it. Welding them shut isn't a good idea either because they WILL eventually rust out if you have condensation sitting in the bottom of them all the time when the truck isn't running. They are there for a reason.

I recently swapped my muffler out with a Borla Pro XS. Had that muffler on my Sierra and loved it. However, I kept the rear resonators in on the Ram. I like the muffler but it makes this sort of flappy/puttering/vibrating noise from the tips - especially the left one. Is that the leaky air sound from the resonator weep holes?

DSOOBY

Reaction score
You nailed it. It’s only noticeable after a muffler swap since the air is moving through the exhaust at a much faster rate and volume vs. stock so you can hear it being pushed out of the weep hole.

Last edited:

19 streak

Reaction score
Removing the resonators makes it a fair bit louder but much cleaner sound

Brobee

Reaction score
Weep Holes: could someone please share a pic of where these are? I just crawled under my truck after reading about all the bad stuff associated with them, and I do not see any. I only paid the muffler shop to swap out the stock for a Magnaflow muffler. I would have expected to see a little "hole" somewhere in the resonators similar to the one on the underside of the exhaust tips.

dragon285

Reaction score
Weep Holes: could someone please share a pic of where these are? I just crawled under my truck after reading about all the bad stuff associated with them, and I do not see any. I only paid the muffler shop to swap out the stock for a Magnaflow muffler. I would have expected to see a little "hole" somewhere in the resonators similar to the one on the underside of the exhaust tips.

There's 4. 2 in front of resonator and 2 in the back.

Reactions: Vic

Vic

Reaction score
There's 4 each. 2 in the front of each resonator and 2 in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread