5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lunchbox Locker

Landram

Reaction score
2019 Bighorn 1500, 2wd 3.6l 3.21gears. Im looking into adding the 3.5" Ready Lift and running 35" tires. Its mostly a pavement warrior but I like to hit the wilderness on occasion and stock just doesn't cut it. Looking into options for lockers. Does anyone have insight on lunchbox lockers. Pros & Cons, sourcing parts, general cost for parts and install.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried the lunchbox locker route once. Had a Powertrax No-Slip in my Jeep. Put up with it for about a year before taking it out.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What changed your mind on it?

The constant locking and unlocking got old, especially on turns. Also get an occasional loud “bang”. Off-road was awesome, but not so much for daily driving.

They are better suited to the front axle where you don’t use it everyday.

antwon412

Reaction score
I’m putting one in my Jeep Definitely only in the front. too much torque is applied to the rear wheels on trucks/Jeep’s to have an auto locker in the rear.

Landram

Reaction score
I’m putting one in my Jeep Definitely only in the front. too much torque is applied to the rear wheels on trucks/Jeep’s to have an auto locker in the rear.
That makes sense. Gotcha. May go the elocker route.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have ran a powertrax no-slip in my 00 Dakota R/T for almost 20 years with ZERO issues. Most of that time it was a daily driver and weekend toy. Never had any issues with locking/unlocking in corners. Never had a failure. Putting 340 RWHP all motor, plus a 200 shot of nitrous through it for almost two years. Launching on slicks.

Users who are viewing this thread