5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roddimusprime03

Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 limited, chrome/black rims. One of the lug nuts chrome must have fallen off at some point, anyway, I have the road hazard protection and a bumper to bumper warranty that they say won't cover the missing chrome plating lug nut and they want to charge about $230 to replace it. I'm trying to avoid that, can anyone advise if there is one I can just buy and put on myself? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Tire 1.jpg
    Tire 1.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Lug.jpg
    Lug.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 21
Just buy new one piece lug nuts and replace all of your factory ones. If you already lost one cap, it's only matter of time before you have issues with others. And it's a known issue with that style lug nut, especially when an impact is used to remove/install them, for them to swell to the point where you can't even get a socket or wrench in them. We have M14x1.5 lug nuts. Get a set of solid chrome lug nuts. They are less than $50 off Amazon for an entire set

I have the black out package on my 2021. I thought it was odd that black rims came with chrome lugs. The first set of black lugs off of Amazon scratched easily but my second set is going on two years and still looking sharp. Don't pay $230

Just buy new one piece lug nuts and replace all of your factory ones. If you already lost one cap, it's only matter of time before you have issues with others. And it's a known issue with that style lug nut, especially when an impact is used to remove/install them, for them to swell to the point where you can't even get a socket or wrench in them. We have M14x1.5 lug nuts. Get a set of solid chrome lug nuts. They are less than $50 off Amazon for an entire set
Thanks for the info brother!

I have the black out package on my 2021. I thought it was odd that black rims came with chrome lugs. The first set of black lugs off of Amazon scratched easily but my second set is going on two years and still looking sharp. Don't pay $230
I was in the exact same situation. Bought the McGard black set. I forgot what I paid for then but they were not the cheapest available. Had them 3+ years now and no marks even though each tire has been off 3 or 4 times already. As they say, buy once, cry once.

I looked it up. Originally I had some by Orion but then switched to the McGard black set. Those McGard ones are good.

I even bought a set of McGard lugs to replace the rusted ones on my snowmobile trailer. So far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back