5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LTD vs. Power Wagon

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think he means the driver would be a poser.
If so, then it was poorly worded.
“TRX to me is the ultimate poser truck though.”
Yes, there are a lot of TRX owners who have never taken it off road or put anything in the bed. But the same holds true for every other series of Ram.
The TRX has every amenity that the Limited does, and more. Plus the racing engine, plus the better looks, plus the off road capability, plus similar or better payload capacity. And don’t forget the 10 mpg. That’s the best part.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nonsense, order from one of the discount dealers (Granger, Mark Dodge, Koons or Cummins), it could be 3 months or it could be 8 but it's never going to be 2 years.
i should've checked with Sandi then.
but it's all good my wallet wouldn't have liked the PW with the gas bill anyways lol

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came within a hair of buying a PW. Reasons I didn't:

-PW has signficantly less payload capacity, and that means it's got much less legal towing capacity.
-PW gets miserable fuel economy with it's larger engine and 1,500 lbs. additional curb weight.
-PW can't be had with the 5'7" box, which means it won't fit in my garage at home.
-PW can't be had in the 5th gen body/cab.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came within a hair of buying a PW. Reasons I didn't:

-PW has signficantly less payload capacity, and that means it's got much less legal towing capacity.
-PW gets miserable fuel economy with it's larger engine and 1,500 lbs. additional curb weight.
-PW can't be had with the 5'7" box, which means it won't fit in my garage at home.
-PW can't be had in the 5th gen body/cab.
The rebel is calling my name.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Power wagon doesn't have a heads up display, a 1500 limited does.
Same with Ramboxes

Limited is way more luxury then a power wagon.

If anything go for a TRX.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If so, then it was poorly worded.
“TRX to me is the ultimate poser truck though.”
Yes, there are a lot of TRX owners who have never taken it off road or put anything in the bed. But the same holds true for every other series of Ram.
The TRX has every amenity that the Limited does, and more. Plus the racing engine, plus the better looks, plus the off road capability, plus similar or better payload capacity. And don’t forget the 10 mpg. That’s the best part.
Ramboxes

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok fine. And MFT. Both of which are options, not part of the Limited package.
But the TRX has:
Performance drive modes (Baja, Snow, Mud, Auto, Custom, etc). Active dampening Bilstein shocks. A real shifter (no knob). Paddle shifters. No MDS or eTorque.
And the red start button that everyone wants!

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But the TRX has:
Performance drive modes (Baja, Snow, Mud, Auto, Custom, etc). Active dampening Bilstein shocks. A real shifter (no knob). Paddle shifters. No MDS or eTorque.
also a supercharger :)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
But the TRX has:
It doesn't have a real shifter :-/
It's just a digital shifter in the center console from what I can tell. That's what the GT package has and it assume it is the same.

I just wanted the 6.2 supercharged in my 1500. Pass on the off road tires, no good for me on the roads.
Might be different if I lived in part of the country that was well, country.

I wasn't willing to spend $25,000ish for an engine upgrade and some mild creature comfort trade-offs

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't have a real shifter :-/
It's just a digital shifter in the center console from what I can tell. That's what the GT package has and it assume it is the same.

I just wanted the 6.2 supercharged in my 1500. Pass on the off road tires, no good for me on the roads.
Might be different if I lived in part of the country that was well, country.

I wasn't willing to spend $25,000ish for an engine upgrade and some mild creature comfort trade-offs
what do you mean by not a real shifter? of course its not mecanic but electronic (so does most of the supercars), but it does work

we can use the shifter to shift gears, the same as the paddle shifters (gt or trx)

its not just a gear limiter like the + and - on other model steering

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah TRX for the best all around truck would be my new vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@JC

Reaction score
Power wagon doesn't have a heads up display, a 1500 limited does.
Same with Ramboxes

Limited is way more luxury then a power wagon.

Hmm, the PowerWagon certainly has Ram Boxes, the TRX does not unfortunately (about the only thing I miss)...

PW35s.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hmm, the PowerWagon certainly has Ram Boxes, the TRX does not unfortunately (about the only thing I miss)...
Yeah I mixed them up.
TRX has no ramboxes
Power Wagon has no HUD.

Also can't get ramboxes (at least on a 1500) on a 6'4 bed which sucks.

A4Owner

Reaction score
TRX is cool don't get me wrong. PW just seems like such a manly truck. I wasn't aware that a 1500 series LTD Gen 5 interior was actually bigger (not smaller) than the PW interior. I would have guessed the PW was much bigger insider...

A4Owner

Reaction score
Actually wait, are you LTD to PW guys or Rebel to PW guys sure the PW interior is smaller??? I thought the center console in the 1500 series trucks that goes all the way to the floor is removed from the PW??? Wouldn't that mean MORE leg room for stretching out...not less?

@JC

Reaction score
Actually wait, are you LTD to PW guys or Rebel to PW guys sure the PW interior is smaller??? I thought the center console in the 1500 series trucks that goes all the way to the floor is removed from the PW??? Wouldn't that mean MORE leg room for stretching out...not less?
Depends on if you get the 5 seater or 6 seater (electronic or manual transfer case), my 2020 6 seater had tons of room in the front seats. But the backseat legroom on the 5th Gen 1500s is definitely larger than the 4th Gen cab using HDs no matter which version you get.

A4Owner

Reaction score
The LTD in every single way: ride quality, fuel economy and interior room beats the PW...but I know that every single time I see a PW I will want one...

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are wanting the power wagon because of macho looks, get your Peter Built instead, and get the Limited. Better MPG, better ride, more room. 😁
Have had the big truck syndrome before, and much prefer the Limited for my use. Rides great, goes where I need to go, and tows everything I need to tow.

Users who are viewing this thread