5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered the rear 2" last night.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question about your tow mirrors, did u order them or did they come with the tow package? I got the tow package but also got blind spot option, i was hopimg not to get those big mirrors

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well decided to lift it, so I removed the springs and bags. Going to order either Fox or King coilovers in a few weeks.

If anybody is interested in the springs & bags let me know! only had 1300 miles on them. Located in DFW.

Sgt7544

Reaction score
Well decided to lift it, so I removed the springs and bags. Going to order either Fox or King coilovers in a few weeks.

If anybody is interested in the springs & bags let me know! only had 1300 miles on them. Located in DFW.
Interested. How much? Also, shipping to 19083. Thanks.

popstatwo

Reaction score
What is a safe amount to cut off of the maxtrac coils? I've already cut off a little more than 1 full coil on the passenger side and just about 1 on the drivers side.
My current measurements are:
DF: 35 5/8
PF: 36
DR: 36 1/4
PR: 36 3/8

Am I being a spaz about wanting the rear to be 36 even? Is it safe to cut the coils more than what I have already?
Thanks for any advice.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is a safe amount to cut off of the maxtrac coils? I've already cut off a little more than 1 full coil on the passenger side and just about 1 on the drivers side.
My current measurements are:
DF: 35 5/8
PF: 36
DR: 36 1/4
PR: 36 3/8

Am I being a spaz about wanting the rear to be 36 even? Is it safe to cut the coils more than what I have already?
Thanks for any advice.
I wouldn’t cut anymore. You will then risk the chance of the spring falling out when the truck is raised on a lift.

jcspino

Reaction score
Finally did it! Thanks to all the information everyone else posted I am not mechanically inclined but managed to figure it out once I had the correct sockets. I went with the jack from the pumpkin, install jack stands, remove tires and lower rear axel using jack, method. Probably took 1.5 hours really taking my time. haven't taken any measurements or a drive yet but I'm still seeing a lot of rake so I may need additional adjustments.

PXL_20211005_192642681.jpg

These are the coils, https://www.suspensionsuperstore.co...2wd-4wd-premium-2-rear-lowering-coils-272920/

This video was helpful,

Last edited:

popstatwo

Reaction score
Finally did it! Thanks to all the information everyone else posted I am not mechanically inclined but managed to figure it out once I had the correct sockets. I went with the jack from the pumpkin, install jack stands, remove tires and lower rear axel using jack, method. Probably took 1.5 hours really taking my time. haven't taken any measurements or a drive yet but I'm still seeing a lot of rake so I may need additional adjustments.

View attachment 107279

These are the coils, https://www.suspensionsuperstore.co...2wd-4wd-premium-2-rear-lowering-coils-272920/

This video was helpful,
I had to cut the 272920 coils to get it almost level. Ended up getting the 272720 coils also, and they sit damn near level without cutting anything. Still might cut a tiny bit. Rear is off by P - 5/8 and D - 1/4. The DF is at 35 5/8 and PF is at 36 1/8. What are your measurements?

Truckone176

Reaction score
The guys that have done the rear springs, anyone have the eTorque motor? The reason I ask is that some of the places that I've looked at springs states that the eTorque trucks sit lower in the rear with the spring.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I had it too, the rear wasn't lower. It was about half an inch to three quarters of an inch higher in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread