5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower mesh grille for light bar

TheCor

Reaction score
I just purchased the mesh lower grille but haven’t installed it yet.. has anyone done this yet? Do you have to remove the whole bumper or can you reach everything from underneath?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team_flatline

Reaction score
No need to remove the bumper. Put her up on ramps and there's (9) 10mm nuts on the top side and (9) push pin clips on the bottom.

TheCor

Reaction score
No need to remove the bumper. Put her up on ramps and there's (9) 10mm nuts on the top side and (9) push pin clips on the bottom.

Great that doesn’t sound to bad. I’ll probably do it this weekend. Thanks

GraniteRam

Reaction score
The push pins can be a pain. I have a plastic pry tool that looks like a fork on one end that worked great.

Roadogre

Reaction score
www.speedtechlights.com

They should have a wireless remote switch box, you can ad multiple accessories to it and control it from a small remote

I installed the speedtech remote switch box. The light bar is from Ledoutfitters.com. It’s a dual color 120 watt set up with a flasher. The remote can control 6 circuits

Reaction score
I installed the speedtech remote switch box. The light bar is from Ledoutfitters.com. It’s a dual color 120 watt set up with a flasher. The remote can control 6 circuits

Did you use the Speedtech to control a relay or send power to the light bar itself? I'm using it for ditch lights, totaling 72 watts which is roughly 6 amps. Technically, the Speedtech is rated to handle 10 amps per channel.

Clos

Reaction score
Has anyone just cut out the sections you need in the grill . Wonder if it easier to use a demel to cut out the section in the meshthem out then replacing it with open mesh grill.

Greg3122

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 1500 big horn with the one Piece lower grill. When I enter the part number for the 2 piece on the Mopar website it says it does not fit my vehicle? Did that say for anyone else or is it only for the 2020-2021 models?

FM45

Reaction score
Use this and you'll be good...
Lower grille trim -open grid style- 68334531AD

-=FM45=-

fatfree

Reaction score
Is the main purpose for the open grill for light bars? And did the open grill ever come as factory on any trim level?

Tdog22

Reaction score
With the Grill and the RC kit you'll have everything you need. Mine went in as planned, and I'm very happy with it.
Now as to how to mount the switch.....I'd love some creative input View attachment 24654
How difficult was it to swap out grilles? Is there pictures or video to see what you need to do?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
How difficult was it to swap out grilles? Is there pictures or video to see what you need to do?
In this topic I put some info and pictures about it

Truck$-4life

Reaction score

Dex17

Reaction score
What's the part number for the see thru mesh for the non sensor one. Also can I buy the matching mesh for my main grille and match them?
Know it’s been a bit since you posted but i don’t think there is one without the parking sensors

Users who are viewing this thread