5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

low fuel cancels out remote start solutions?

ramhouston

Reaction score
Is there anyway to prevent the low fuel remote start cancel? It’s very f*cking frustrating how i cannot warm up or cool down my vehicle when i really need to. If the cancel thing came on around 10 miles DTE i get that but 50 miles DTE is way too soon.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You gotta think the 50 miles or so till empty is a safe zone. Imagine the amount of people that would continue to ignore the low fuel light and keep remote starting their vehicles until eventually guess what its now out of fuel then go on a rant lol.

Its takes 10 mins to fill up so hardly a additional inconvenience to do even more often if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Is there anyway to prevent the low fuel remote start cancel? It’s very f*cking frustrating how i cannot warm up or cool down my vehicle when i really need to. If the cancel thing came on around 10 miles DTE i get that but 50 miles DTE is way too soon.

Sorry I don’t have a solution for you, however I agree that there are way too many “nannies” controlling things that used to be at the discretion of humans 😉. They design newer vehicles to protect idiots and take away all of our fun😂

I remember a toy when I was young called the verti-bird sea rescue copter. It had an actual spinning blade on it and would fly in a circle to rescue people and lift them into the styrofoam rescue ship. I suppose too many (or maybe only one) people got hurt by the spinning chopper blades and the lawyers took them off the shelves.

I haven’t tried a tazer yet, but that may be a solution and I’m sure someone will confirm if it can or not. 🍻

JoeRam

Reaction score
Oddly enough the wife’s Honda does not have the low fuel cut off to prevent remote start.
And just yesterday she remote started it not once, but twice to warm it up and when driving away, “0 miles to empty” was displayed. Fortunately they allow room for those who ignore and she made it a gas station..
How do you fix this…… “Fill It Up”

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Also, I always keep at least 5 gallons of gas in my shed for lawn equipment, which I thought most people did 🤔. These Nannie’s are a nuisance.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Yeah no sh*t sherlocks.. my other vehicles have never had this stupid damn feature. It should be on you if you run out of fuel not to rely on a stupid system to tell you. Let’s also not forget reserve fuel exists when the DTE hits 0 miles.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It's to prevent morons from running out of gas and being left stranded somewhere when it's cold out which would invite more useless rants. I personally don't mind that "feature" because I pay attention. I live in New England so the winter months can be brutal and I don't want to run the tank that low anyway. To each their own I guess

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can count on one hand I've let my tank get low enough for the low fuel light to come on. No reason to let it get that low as it's hard on the fuel pump as well as allows condensation to form in the tank during cold weather.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, I always keep at least 5 gallons of gas in my shed for lawn equipment, which I thought most people did 🤔. These Nannie’s are a nuisance.
Not necessarily. I sold all my gas lawn equipment 15 yrs ago when I moved to the Phoenix area since I don't have a lawn. However, since then I picked up a gas pressure washer and it's the only ICE equipment I currently have.

Jake103

Reaction score
I agree it's to idiot proof it. I would never let my tank get below a 1/4, so I have never had a problem. It strains the fuel pump under a 1/4 tank pump runs hotter. Otherwise if they didn't have it people would be complaining way more about it. Just keep your tank above 1/4 and you will be fine.

Reactions: c3k

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Time to trade it in then or get gas more often but, make sure on your future test drive you trigger the low fuel light, park it, then remote start it. I would hate for you to be hugely inconvenienced again not having this feature.

Seriously…….

ramhouston

Reaction score
Time to trade it in then or get gas more often but, make sure on your future test drive you trigger the low fuel light, park it, then remote start it. I would hate for you to be hugely inconvenienced again not having this feature.

Seriously…….

Ford, Chevy and Toyota have joined the chat*

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Ford, Chevy and Toyota have joined the chat*
It might be time to go buy a Ford chevy or Toyota then. Or just don't let the tank get that low. It has happened to me a time or two when I forgot to fill up and it is a pain but it's not a deal breaker for me

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had 75 miles on mine when I got home. Expecting to refuel in the Morning.
It was at 50 by morning and it would cut off after the remote start. Annoying
at least, but I under stand the logic in it.

Malodave

ramhouston

Reaction score
It might be time to go buy a Ford chevy or Toyota then. Or just don't let the tank get that low. It has happened to me a time or two when I forgot to fill up and it is a pain but it's not a deal breaker for me
Ironically i own a Ford too Lol

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can count on one hand I've let my tank get low enough for the low fuel light to come on. No reason to let it get that low as it's hard on the fuel pump as well as allows condensation to form in the tank during cold weather.
It's not hard on the fuel pump to run the tank low.

Users who are viewing this thread