5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the 33 Gallon Tank!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
This is the only biggest gripe I have with my truck. I have 23 Gallon tank ☹️. It checked everything else I wanted, except the tank. The ones that had 33 gallon tank had several other key features missing from my list. This is a big deal for me as I came from Jeep GC EcoDiesel with over 800 mile range.

This truck has replaced my JGC for long interstate travels. I now keep a 5 gallon SureCan with gas in it.
lots of posts here where people upgraded to the 33 tank

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 33 gallon tank and an EcoDiesel.

I normally refuel when I have a 1/4 tank and once the needle goes below 1/4 tank I start to get uncomfortable with my situation.

The other day I knew I was under 1/4 tank but had calculated I had plenty to make it home and then stop at my local fueling station to top off before putting the truck in the garage.

The yellow low fuel level light illuminated exactly when I pulled into the drive of my fueling station and the tank took almost exactly 27 gallons of diesel.

So when the light comes on you still have six gallons of fuel in the tank (at least my truck).

That said it’s real bad juju to run a diesel engine dry.

Your milage may very.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is the only biggest gripe I have with my truck. I have 23 Gallon tank ☹️. It checked everything else I wanted, except the tank. The ones that had 33 gallon tank had several other key features missing from my list. This is a big deal for me as I came from Jeep GC EcoDiesel with over 800 mile range.

This truck has replaced my JGC for long interstate travels. I now keep a 5 gallon SureCan with gas in it.
Why didn't you order it with a 33 gallon tank?

N0cturnal

Reaction score
Why didn't you order it with a 33 gallon tank?
At that time, you couldn't order Hemi in Laramie trim with 5.7 bed. They were trying to get the Laramies off the lot so the option to order Hemi was disabled with dealers. Got confirmation from 3 dealers including Antony Boi of Mark Dodge.

N0cturnal

Reaction score
lots of posts here where people upgraded to the 33 tank
Yes, but it costs upto 2k with dealer and most dealers don't even want to try it. Also, mine has 23 Gallon so fuel pump also needs to be ordered and not as simple as upgrading from 26g to 33g.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, but it costs upto 2k with dealer and most dealers don't even want to try it. Also, mine has 23 Gallon so fuel pump also needs to be ordered and not as simple as upgrading from 26g to 33g.
Its as simple as being prepared to spend the additional money on a pump the installs still the same

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An Amish church pew looks more comfortable than the new Southwest seats. Unfortunately all the airlines are stuffing more and more of us into the same little aluminum tube. I hate government regulation / involvement but the SAE needs to come up with a standard airline seat / seat pitch dimensions. You can make the seat bigger but you can’t make it any smaller. Then all airlines that operated in US airspace has to have the SAE minimum seat pitch. I remember being able to read a newspaper in coach. Now you have it almost touching your nose. The other thing is when you push your seat back now your seat bottom slides forward so you have the same distance between your face and the seat back in front of you no mater how you have your seat pitched. The icing on the cake from a guys point of view is you have to stand outside of the loo and either back in or walk in because there is almost ZERO room to turn around in there. All the more reason to be glad I have a 33 gallon tank with over a 700 mile range.

Users who are viewing this thread