5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love my new truck but have a few concerns

RaminTX

Reaction score
Like I said, love my new ‘19 Ram Laramie 1500. I do have a few things going on that concern me though. Since day one the backup cam (12 in uconnect system) comes on but flickers while I’m backing up which is dangerous because each time it does that I’m in the dark on where I’m at and who or what’s behind me. After about 6 weeks i had a strange thing happen, I jumped in my truck and turned it on then put it in reverse only to notice no backup cam ( green screen ) and no audio coming from my system. I tried different radio bands, SiriusXM, and even usb input. Nothing. That happened a couple of weeks ago and now I’m having trouble locking and unlocking the doors, it’s like the keyfob doesn’t work sometime. I even tried my spare and no luck, had to use the actual key to open the doors yesterday. What’s up here?
i plan to take it in for service when I go to pick my plates up. Anyone else having these issues?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Like I said, love my new ‘19 Ram Laramie 1500. I do have a few things going on that concern me though. Since day one the backup cam (12 in uconnect system) comes on but flickers while I’m backing up which is dangerous because each time it does that I’m in the dark on where I’m at and who or what’s behind me. After about 6 weeks i had a strange thing happen, I jumped in my truck and turned it on then put it in reverse only to notice no backup cam ( green screen ) and no audio coming from my system. I tried different radio bands, SiriusXM, and even usb input. Nothing. That happened a couple of weeks ago and now I’m having trouble locking and unlocking the doors, it’s like the keyfob doesn’t work sometime. I even tried my spare and no luck, had to use the actual key to open the doors yesterday. What’s up here?
i plan to take it in for service when I go to pick my plates up. Anyone else having these issues?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You pretty much need a dealer visit for those issues. Software most likely, and that's for them. Hope it gets resolved quickly and completely. Always something with these heavily electronic equipped vehicles.

Jonnybow

Reaction score
I would have brought it in the first flicker, it's a brand new truck. Why wait, it's all under warranty

Users who are viewing this thread