5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud hum from radio

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes the radio will just break out in a loud hum. I have to reset the radio to get it to stop.
Does this happen to anyone else?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sometimes the radio will just break out in a loud hum. I have to reset the radio to get it to stop.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Hello Ramroo,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Can you please send us a PM, our team would like to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That randomly happens to me also.

nitmik

Reaction score
Happened to me for the first time last week and I've had my truck for 10 months. I had to reset it and has not done it since.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does it every 4 to 5 trips. I am hoping a software update would fix it.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to me 2 or 3 times in spaced out intervals & luckily hasn’t happened again. It’s almost deafening! Scares the crap outta ya.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Happened to me twice and then the screen reboots. I’m concerned something bigger is going on.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Happened to me twice and then the screen reboots. I’m concerned something bigger is going on.
For about 2 weeks straight every time I started the car after a long trip my radio would do the same thing. Then it randomly hasn't done it in a month or two.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For about 2 weeks straight every time I started the car after a long trip my radio would do the same thing. Then it randomly hasn't done it in a month or two.

Nice Civic dude!! A friend of mine had a 2000 Si in black. I love seeing the older ones in good shape. I had a 91 Integra that was my favorite car before I got the Ram’s. Now I have deposits on the Integra Type S arriving in June.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Nice Civic dude!! A friend of mine had a 2000 Si in black. I love seeing the older ones in good shape. I had a 91 Integra that was my favorite car before I got the Ram’s. Now I have deposits on the Integra Type S arriving in June.
Thanks! It's a 99, only 175k on it. It was a California car originally so zero rust and I never touch it in the winter. I've done a lot of work on it the last couple years so everything is pretty much new except suspension (but that's probably coming). Nice! that Integra will be sweet!

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
99% of the time humming just means it doesn't know the words to the song.

Users who are viewing this thread