5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud blowing noise from passenger side vents

tswea1

Reaction score
So was doing a 10 hour drive today with the climate auto set to 70, outside temperature was approximately the same, and randomly on numerous occasions there was a loud wind sounding noise coming from the passenger side. Originally I thought it was just that, wind, but started messing around and identified it as coming from the climate control system. When it occurred if I turned off the climate control the noise immediately stopped. Had my passenger attempt to find which vent had turned into a wind tunnel to no success. Anyone experience anything similar to this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I have this same issue with my 2020 Laramie. I’m going to take mine to the dealer whenever I get the time.

wvinson

Reaction score
Mine does exactly the same thing -- wonder if it's a faulty climate control door -- bad thing is, it would probably never do it again for the dealer.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Yep. Usually on longer highway drives. It comes from the passenger vent near the window. Almost seems like the blend door cuts air to all other vents and forces it out the one.

tswea1

Reaction score
Exactly Luxy! Guess I’ll mentioned it to the dealer next time I bring it in the expected response of “we couldn’t replicate it” haha

braggster

Reaction score
There are several posts on here about this problem. Dont know if there has ever been a fix for it. When mine does it i turn the recirculation off for a couple of seconds then back on and the noise is gone.

rlc2020

Reaction score
I've noticed that since I moved to florida and the average speed on the highway is about 95mph it is happening more often. I used to never really go above 70, now that I'm regularly cruising at 80+ it's been happening more. I'm assuming the blend door is being forced open by outside air. It's just another quirk of the DT

yaksushi

Reaction score
Like others have said there are multiple posts about this and from what I read it sounds like "working as designed" while very annoying.

tdager

Reaction score
Not sure it is actually an "issue" but instead I am leaning more towards a feature. Bringing in fresh air for a short amount of time when doing long trips perhaps.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Yeah, this only happens to me when recirculation is on, so I just keep it off.

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
It happens with mine when recirculation is both on or off

dano257

Reaction score
I had something similar. The blower motor was replaced and it has been fine since. Maybe this is the same for you??

Kp Adam’s

Reaction score
So was doing a 10 hour drive today with the climate auto set to 70, outside temperature was approximately the same, and randomly on numerous occasions there was a loud wind sounding noise coming from the passenger side. Originally I thought it was just that, wind, but started messing around and identified it as coming from the climate control system. When it occurred if I turned off the climate control the noise immediately stopped. Had my passenger attempt to find which vent had turned into a wind tunnel to no success. Anyone experience anything similar to this before?

I have a 2021 eco diesel I just finished a 2000 mile Journey and we had the same issue. When I take it in for an oil change I’m going to see what the dealer has to say.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I hear it sometimes too. Wondering if it’s the active noise cancellation

Reverse

Reaction score
Happens in my truck all the time. My theory is (based on my observations) that the truck puts the AC in some sort of recirc mode when I stress the truck (accelerating for passing or merging on highway, or just accelerating from a stop). Which is fine, a lot of cars do that.

The problem is that it never comes out of that mode and keeps making the damn noise until the end of time.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
They say you can disconnect the amp under the drivers seat to see if the sound stops. If it does, it’s probably the active noise canceling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online