5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud beeping howling noise when driving on highway.

Albrock

Reaction score
Recently while driving down the highway on a windy day I had sporadic beeping randomly coming from the passenger roof almost. The sound is like when you change the radio station (that touch tone sound) only much louder and if you were to just keep hitting the touch screen. Has anyone experienced anything similar. I live in a small town so driving on the highway when taking to the dealer isn't an option . I'm looking for some help as to where to have them look. I can handle rattles which I have but not this loud sound, especially since it's supposed to have soundproofjng.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could be the active noise cancellation system malfunctioning

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out this thread, you might be having this same issue.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Recently while driving down the highway on a windy day I had sporadic beeping randomly coming from the passenger roof almost. The sound is like when you change the radio station (that touch tone sound) only much louder and if you were to just keep hitting the touch screen. Has anyone experienced anything similar. I live in a small town so driving on the highway when taking to the dealer isn't an option . I'm looking for some help as to where to have them look. I can handle rattles which I have but not this loud sound, especially since it's supposed to have soundproofjng.

Hi @Albrock - Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you would be interested in having a case escalated for further support as you work with your dealer on this!

Mark
RamCares

Kam.Bc

Reaction score
Are u solve this issues Sir?i have the samething,,

eramosa

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram express, quad cab, 5.7 with 6 speed, love the truck but it drones loudly on the highway, it has original 20 inch goodyears, tires look fine, below speeds of 100 k , its fine, fairly quiet but at 125 k ( 65-80 mph) it screams, gives me a headache. i don't want to spend money on tires if that's not the problem, it has 62k on the clock (40 thousand miles). If it was a bearing I should be hearing it at 80 or 90 k , but i don't.

Users who are viewing this thread