5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loss of Communication and short/open codes - lots of them

PocketJester

Reaction score
Hello,

I've created a major headache for myself and am looking for some help getting out of this hole. My problems began with me installing the factory bed lights. I installed the lights and wiring per instructions a couple years ago and never got around to programming them. I recently acquired AlphaODB etc. to do the programming and decided to get after it. Over anxious, I pulled my C7 connector to double check my wiring - without disconnecting my battery first. I reinserted the connector and went about my business programming. My bed lights work, but now I have "Service Electronic Stability Control" and "Service Rain Sensing Wipers" messages when starting the truck. The truck runs and drives fine, but numerous features are not working: power mirrors, dash and cabin dimmers, headlamp switch, and more. I also have the following codes:

B1609 - Panel Dimmer Input
B168E - Front Fog Lamp Switch
B178E - Headlamp Switch Input
B17FF - Ambient Cabin Light Dimmer Switch
U0213 - Lost Communication with Interior Mirror Control Module
U0231 - Lost Communication with Rain Sensing Module
U112C - Lost Communication with Transfer Case Switch Bank Module
U113E - Lost Communication with Intelligent Battery Sensor
U114F - No code description found
U1190 - Lost Communication with Humidity Sensor

I have triple checked all plugs under the dash thinking I am dealing with a CAN buss open (or hoping that is all it is) and have re-set the codes to no avail. Anyone deal with anything similar or have a recommendation on where to start troubleshooting?

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie

Users who are viewing this thread