5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loses radio stations

Swjfish

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 with the 12” display. Went to leave tonight and noticed all my radio station memory sets are gone. So I reset them drove to the store came back out 10 min later and they are gone again ‍♂️ Anyone else have this??

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Been happening to quite a few of us very recently, myself included. We're talking about it on this thread:

DB66

Reaction score
Lost my preset stations twice. Also has anyone also lost there favorites. The button on the screen that shows all your presets, and songs playing. I re installed my presets, but those
favorites havent come back. message says, to load them from your phone.

Flot

Reaction score
Crap. This just started happening to me friday, I left the car at the dealer for 4 days with a list of things to fix. (Not radio related) and when I picked it up all my presets were gone and the CLOCK display on the 12” screen was off.

I assumed they updated the software but ?? Maybe it was a coincidence and this was an an ota update?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I'm wondering if an update pushed since so many of us are just experiencing this for the first time over the past several days. I asked this in a previous post, but is there a way to tell what version of the software we have and if that's the latest version?

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crap. This just started happening to me friday, I left the car at the dealer for 4 days with a list of things to fix. (Not radio related) and when I picked it up all my presets were gone and the CLOCK display on the 12” screen was off.

I assumed they updated the software but ?? Maybe it was a coincidence and this was an an ota update?
I had the same experience. I did not have the problem until after I had a dealer visit. They must have done some update of a battery disconnect got it. I've posted on another thread that I was able to regain and keep the presets for a couple weeks now by: 1. setting up a Sirius XM profile name in the settings and 2. syncing all my personal preference settings to my keyfob (never did that before and I never lost presets so I came upon somewhere on the forum that others have done this with success). Best of luck if you try what I did.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm wondering if an update pushed since so many of us are just experiencing this for the first time over the past several days. I asked this in a previous post, but is there a way to tell what version of the software we have and if that's the latest version?
Yes, you have to hold the bottom button corners of the 12" screen simultaneously to get into the advanced settings menu.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 with the 12” display. Went to leave tonight and noticed all my radio station memory sets are gone. So I reset them drove to the store came back out 10 min later and they are gone again ‍♂ Anyone else have this??
Make sure you are setting your personal setting using the 1 or 2 on the driver door. Here is an excerpt out of Owner's Manual:

Programming The Memory Feature To create a new memory profile, perform the following: 1. Cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine). 2. Adjust all memory profile settings to desired preferences (i.e., driver’s seat, outside mirrors, adjustable pedals (if equipped), and radio station presets).

Flot

Reaction score
Well now I’m even more confused. I checked - I had taken photos of the dealer debug screen back in January after my amp update. The version numbers shown now are the same as they were in Jan. (There are 5 screens with various hardware and software numbers, all are the same)

Before someone asks - you access the screen by pressing and holding the soft keys on the lower right and lower left at the same time for 5-6 seconds. IE media+surround cam.

I tried the loose “profile create” instructions above. We’ll see if that makes a difference. I’d never set up profiles 1 or 2 as I’m the only driver.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you are setting your personal setting using the 1 or 2 on the driver door. Here is an excerpt out of Owner's Manual:

Programming The Memory Feature To create a new memory profile, perform the following: 1. Cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine). 2. Adjust all memory profile settings to desired preferences (i.e., driver’s seat, outside mirrors, adjustable pedals (if equipped), and radio station presets).

I had saved my memory profile a couple of times after I had set all my station presets. I lost my presets Friday night. I tried hitting the memory #1 button on my door. It put my seat and mirrors back, but my SirusXM presets were still all gone.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also tested it by setting my preset #1 to station 25. Then I hit Memory 1 on the door to save my profile.

Then I changed preset #1 to station 26. Then I hit the #1 button on the door to restore from memory and it did not change my presets back.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also tested it by setting my preset #1 to station 25. Then I hit Memory 1 on the door to save my profile.

Then I changed preset #1 to station 26. Then I hit the #1 button on the door to restore from memory and it did not change my presets back.
Did you try doing a radio reset from Sirrus? You can call them and have it done, but you can also go to your Sirrus account page and initiate it yourself.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you try doing a radio reset from Sirrus? You can call them and have it done, but you can also go to your Sirrus account page and initiate it yourself.

I did that last night, but I haven't been in my truck since, so I don't know if anything has changed.

Nick54

Reaction score
Lost my SirusXM preset stations twice today. Reset them, changed band to AM, turned off truck. The next time I started - no XM presets. Repeated and the same thing happened again. I reset them again, will see what happens tomorrow when I get in the truck.

So this has been happening too, start the truck, radio comes on, push a station preset and the channel won't change. I have to rotate the tuning knob to the next channel, then the presets will work again.

EDIT> Got the truck back today, dealer says that I will need to wait for the radio update expected to be released sometime in the 3rd quarter. We Will See.

Last edited:

Rebel 12

Reaction score
Just drop mine off at the dealership. Won't hold presets on xm radio stations.

Rebel 12

Reaction score
Please let us know what the dealer does, if anything. Thanks

Told me there's a fix coming in the 3 quarter.
But I did go home and reset up my profile again and my stations are staying on

gshaw1967

Reaction score
Told me there's a fix coming in the 3 quarter.
But I did go home and reset up my profile again and my stations are staying on
Hello what do you mean my reset my profile again? You reset the radio, loged radio out of sirius, or what?
Thanks

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my presets hold for about a month without issues. Set up the profile in Sirius settings. Set up your presets and then link the fob to your memory button on the door. See if this works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread