5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loose bcm wire

Daverous

Reaction score
Was recalibrating tire size with alfaobd, all went well on round one but when I went to adjust a second time(2665mm) it wouldn't clear faults or complete rolls appropriatly.

I poked my head under the dash and found this loose wire that wasn't pinned. I don't even know which harness diagram to start with so I thought I'd ask. Anyone have a clue? Perhaps the guru @Jimmy07 can rescue me yet again.

Right now it's still throwing a bunch of esc faults and rolls says tire size not programmed. May be totally unrelated, I'm really not sure.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell for sure because of pic exposure, but can you verify the main color/stripe color?
I looks to me like beige/violet?

Daverous

Reaction score
Correct, sir. It appears to be beige and purple Not much light under there.

Last edited:

wsutard1

Reaction score
Correct, sir. It appears to be beige and purple Not much light under there.
Take a pic looking at your dash from the drivers seat and then circle the approximate location of the plug. Then someone with your exact truck can look under and confirm if they also see this wire free floating or if they see it in the harness in question.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s most likely the bed light switch signal wire from the blue BCM connector. This wire usually gets removed if it is present when the mopar bed light kit gets installed after the fact.
5DE6A6D6-DC00-4569-A7EC-CDA5A5AC093E.jpeg
093582C4-FE70-4BCB-9761-9A2490E770D9.jpeg

Daverous

Reaction score
That'd be it then. Dealer installed bed lights for me when I bought it.
Any clue on the lack of rolls taking? Letting it sit a minute and trying again.

Thanks yet again, man. You're a national treasure around here.

Daverous

Reaction score
Posted in another thread, but I was able to fix it.

Quick update for those that get stuck in this loop. This process worked for me, and I have everything cleared and was able to update the size a third time without issues. I cannot guarantee these steps will work for everyone, or that I made all the correct changes, but it IS working for me and was repeatable.

All steps through AlfaOBD:

ABS>DT 2019+> ECS In Plant Mode> Disable
ABS>DT 2019+ > EPB In Plant Mode> Disable
BCM> MY2020>Chassis- Electonic Parking Brake> Yes
ABS > DT 2019> Service Procedures > Assembly Check

I have zero idea why my BCM and ABS system set those parameters differently after the process. I was only able to find it due to saved logs I had. Regardless, it worked. I cleared all faults during the process as well and they have not returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/