5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to add level kit on 2019 4x4 w off road package.

Troop2865

Reaction score
Thanks. The air suspension takes a different type of lift than the trucks with coil spring. Try doing a look up on the site. I know others have talked about what is available.

Mr. Matty

Reaction score
After a ton of research and some help from people here (Troop2865)... I went with the ReadyLift control arms and a motofab 2.5" top spacer. I have the ORP and ended up with about a 3/8" rake. Drives slightly more firm, like it should have from the factory. Looks exactly like I hoped it would... 275/65/20s (34") and new wheels coming after the holiday!
This is what I want to do - except I will use the 2.5" Fabtech top spacers. I may do the 1" rear spacers - not sure. Any issues at all?

bigcoco87

Reaction score
I was speaking to my local Ram dealer and was discussing having a leveling kit installed. They initially quoted me on the Readylift 2" leveling kit. When I pointed out that it states right on the Readylift website that the leveling kit isn't compatible with the Off Road Package they told me they would have to look into it further. They got back to me and told me they didn't know what I needed, couldn't help me any further and that I was on my own to figure it out. Aside from the poor customer service, you'd think they would be able to point me in the right direction, which is what lead me here. Can anyone tell me specifically which Readylift Upper Control Arms and spacers they used to successfully level their truck? The difference in rake from front to back on my truck is 2". I understand that adding 2" spacers doesn't necessarily equal 2" of lift so what do I need to get the front end exactly level? By the way, the Readylift site says that their 2" leveling kit including UCAs (SKU 66-1921) is not for use on trucks with the off road package. Who knew having the off road package would turn out to be such a pain?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was speaking to my local Ram dealer and was discussing having a leveling kit installed. They initially quoted me on the Readylift 2" leveling kit. When I pointed out that it states right on the Readylift website that the leveling kit isn't compatible with the Off Road Package they told me they would have to look into it further. They got back to me and told me they didn't know what I needed, couldn't help me any further and that I was on my own to figure it out. Aside from the poor customer service, you'd think they would be able to point me in the right direction, which is what lead me here. Can anyone tell me specifically which Readylift Upper Control Arms and spacers they used to successfully level their truck? The difference in rake from front to back on my truck is 2". I understand that adding 2" spacers doesn't necessarily equal 2" of lift so what do I need to get the front end exactly level? By the way, the Readylift site says that their 2" leveling kit including UCAs (SKU 66-1921) is not for use on trucks with the off road package. Who knew having the off road package would turn out to be such a pain?
The Readylift kit will work just fine. That is what most people are using i they are replacing their UCAs. The 3.5" kit is a no go on the ORP, but the 2" level will not have an issue. Many people here are running it, or running 2.5" MotoFab level with the Readylift UCAs.

MacDuff

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Zone Offroad leveling kit? Manufacturer says compatible with Rebel and standard Ram.
The kit includes control arms which look to be pretty stout. I tried the search function, but no luck?

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
Hey fellas, sorry to revive this old thread but I'm in need of some direction;
looking at installing the motofab 2.5 spacers on the front end of my 2020 ORP.
Will I be needing to replace the control arms?
also wondering if I will still have a slight forward rake on the truck - I don't want 100% level, just some more room for my tires and some ground clearance. Thanks all in advance!

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Personally I opted for 2" (not installed yet). My brother has the 2.5" and his is almost perfectly level, maybe even a tad nose high. Neither of us have the ORG though. I wanted to keep a tiny bit of rake so thats why I chose 2", but also because from my research (not personal experience) anything 2.5" and above makes the angle of the UCA pretty extreme. I don't want to replace my UCA's just yet, but to be safe I 100% would if I went any higher than 2".

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
Personally I opted for 2" (not installed yet). My brother has the 2.5" and his is almost perfectly level, maybe even a tad nose high. Neither of us have the ORG though. I wanted to keep a tiny bit of rake so thats why I chose 2", but also because from my research (not personal experience) anything 2.5" and above makes the angle of the UCA pretty extreme. I don't want to replace my UCA's just yet, but to be safe I 100% would if I went any higher than 2".
Thanks a lot for the input, this will help with my selection for sure. If this is accurate, I will also opt for a 2" level so I won't have to replace the UCAS.
cheers🍻

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the input, this will help with my selection for sure. If this is accurate, I will also opt for a 2" level so I won't have to replace the UCAS.
cheers🍻
Yeah no worries. Someone else may be able to give more insight into this but I've read thru the forum quite a bit and that was my conclusion about UCA's.

puba08

Reaction score
I had the 2” motofab spacers w/ the ORP. The spacers left it perfectly level. I did change the UCA’s only because I had them already.
However the ride was horrible with the spacers. If your looking for some rake go with the Bilsteins or Eibach’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Off road group makes that big of a difference? This is why this forum is helpful. I didn't know that. I figured the ORG was a 1" lift overall which one could assume means the rake is the same as stock. I'd go with @puba08 on this one @howsitgoineh

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Off road group makes that big of a difference? This is why this forum is helpful. I didn't know that. I figured the ORG was a 1" lift overall which one could assume means the rake is the same as stock. I'd go with @puba08 on this one @howsitgoineh
The ORG is a 1” lift front and back over the non ORG trucks. I’ve had both. I had 2019 without and a 2020 with and both trucks have a 2” rake from factory. And my ORG truck sits exactly 1” higher

Detritivores

Reaction score
I also did a 2" motofab level and my truck with the ORP sits essential perfectly level. I think the 2.5" would of made mine nose hight.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I also did a 2" motofab level and my truck with the ORP sits essential perfectly level. I think the 2.5" would of made mine nose hight.
That's interesting. On my brothers non ORP 2.5" was near perfect level. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference.

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
I had the 2” motofab spacers w/ the ORP. The spacers left it perfectly level. I did change the UCA’s only because I had them already.
However the ride was horrible with the spacers. If your looking for some rake go with the Bilsteins or Eibach’s.

great advice, thank you sir. I have read a few places that spacers negatively affect the ride. The adjustable bilstein shocks look great!
would new uca's be required for one of them set about 2inches?

MacDuff

Reaction score
great advice, thank you sir. I have read a few places that spacers negatively affect the ride. The adjustable bilstein shocks look great!
I also started with just the spacers and found the ride was terrible. Ultimately went to control arms and shocks, should have done it to start. Buy once, cry once.
I wasted time and money trying to get away with just the spacers. It might work for others, but for me the ride was like a buckboard and had to be addressed.

puba08

Reaction score

Not for 2” but remember the springs from the ORP net and additional 1”, so now your at 3”. You don’t need them, but if something decides to let go you’ll wish you had them.
I ran my 4th gen with Bils at 2.8” and never installed Aftermarket UCAs (which I did have but never installed and finally installed them on my 5th gen) with no problems.
Some have had problems not installing them. You could always add them down the road, but it will be after the fact if something goes. It’s a Roll of the dice. Like I said I had brand new Zone UCA’s I bought for $200. So I put them on.
In hindsight definitely avoid the spacers. I tried to take the cheap way out with this truck and wasted $. If your not going to do a real 4” or 6” suspension lift, then Eibach or Bilsteins are the way to go.

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
Not for 2” but remember the springs from the ORP net and additional 1”, so now your at 3”. You don’t need them, but if something decides to let go you’ll wish you had them.
I ran my 4th gen with Bils at 2.8” and never installed Aftermarket UCAs (which I did have but never installed and finally installed them on my 5th gen) with no problems.
Some have had problems not installing them. You could always add them down the road, but it will be after the fact if something goes. It’s a Roll of the dice. Like I said I had brand new Zone UCA’s I bought for $200. So I put them on.
In hindsight definitely avoid the spacers. I tried to take the cheap way out with this truck and wasted $. If your not going to do a real 4” or 6” suspension lift, then Eibach or Bilsteins are the way to go.

Cheers. I think I'll be going with the Bilstein 5100s up front. Does the 0-1" rear set add any lift? or is that strictly for performance?
I'd like to add another 1 inch to the rear and wondering the best route for that.

found a mopar set of uca's for 2" lift - think they'll be suitable? the price is right!

Users who are viewing this thread