5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to add level kit on 2019 4x4 w off road package.

jamax99

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2019 1500 4x4 came with off road package , I think it has 1" lift on it . I'm looking to level the front out , do you guys think Blistens would do the job, or will I have problems because of the 1 inch lift? Also how much lower is front of truck to back ? Thanks

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2019 1500 4x4 came with off road package , I think it has 1" lift on it . I'm looking to level the front out , do you guys think Blistens would do the job, or will I have problems because of the 1 inch lift? Also how much lower is front of truck to back ? Thanks
There are no Bilstiens available for the 2019s yet. As of now, your best bet is to use a 2" or 2.5" top hat spacer. 2.5" may be too much. You will need to measure your truck. Get a tape measure and measure the front and back. Measure from the very center of the wheel hub up to the bottom of the fender. This will tell you how much rake you have and what size spacer you will need.

All trucks are made slightly different with relations to options/payload/etc, making some trucks have more rake than others. You will also want to replace the upper control arms as the ball join in the factory arms is not made to accomodate any more than an inch or so. Readylift control arms would be your best option.

HotStuff

Reaction score
Just put a leveling kit on it. The front struts and rear springs are different than non off road ones. If you put a leveling spacer on the front, it will raise it the amount specified, just like a non off road. I would suggest upper arms also.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I just did the 2.5 Motofab spacer and Readylift upper control arms. You can find my post elsewhere in the forum. Everything worked great. I think it came out perfect. The truck still has a slight forward rake.

Bellpa

Reaction score
I added the $55 RC leveling spacers only. Rides much better with no issues. I don't plan to do any offroading so no need to replace upper arms for me. I have pics in my posts.

HotStuff

Reaction score
I added the $55 RC leveling spacers only. Rides much better with no issues. I don't plan to do any offroading so no need to replace upper arms for me. I have pics in my posts.
But is yours an Off Road? There lies the difference.... The ORP comes with a 1" lift. By adding the 2" RC spacer, his truck would be at 3".... Therefore needing the control arms. You can get away without them at 2", but at 3, you really should do arms.

Jetisondm

Reaction score
I have an ORP with 2” Readylift and UCA’s. It still has just shy of a 1” rake. So keep that in mind when picking your spacer

jamax99

Reaction score
I just did the 2.5 Motofab spacer and Readylift upper control arms. You can find my post elsewhere in the forum. Everything worked great. I think it came out perfect. The truck still has a slight forward rake.
Did your truck have the off toad package ? What was your cost for mods, also did you notice MPG difference ?

HotStuff

Reaction score
I'm getting ready, in the next couple weeks, to put the Readylift 2" level with upper arms on my ORP truck. Seems to be the best bang for the buck.

Also picked up a set of 20" Laramie polished wheels to put on mine. Going to throw a set of 305/55 or 295/60 tires on it. Just not sure which, or which tires I want.

911Chopper

Reaction score
After a ton of research and some help from people here (Troop2865)... I went with the ReadyLift control arms and a motofab 2.5" top spacer. I have the ORP and ended up with about a 3/8" rake. Drives slightly more firm, like it should have from the factory. Looks exactly like I hoped it would... 275/65/20s (34") and new wheels coming after the holiday!

Troop2865

Reaction score
My tires are 35-12.50-18's. I think you will see a slight loss in mileage, but remember to add in the difference in mileage when calculating fuel economy. For example, until I reset the computer for the larger tires, my speedometer is about 8 percent off. When I fill I take my mileage times 1.08, then divide by the gallons. My mileage has been a little less than I expected, but that was before I did modifications. I haven't noticed a big difference from before and after.

HotStuff

Reaction score
I just bought the 2" Readylift kit with upper arms for 450 after tax and shipping. Not that expensive for the arms and spacers. Going on my BigHorn ORP with 295/60-20's on Laramie polished wheels.

RichT

Reaction score
All of the lifts/levels I have seen on the forum look great, but not having much experience with suspension installs (none), is waiting for shocks from Bilstein a better solution for the truck long-term?

Users who are viewing this thread