5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For Tips on First Time Lift - 2020 Ram Rebel

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at the instructions I don't see anything explicitly saying that UCA are required past ring 4? I mean it says do not go past ring 5 with the rebel ORP... Im assuming it will be okay? Thoughts?

View attachment 148443
They must have changed the instructions since i did mine. Mine said not to use anything past circlip 4 with the ORP suspension. You can go higher it just requires UCAs and will take you beyond a level so would make the truck nose high unless adding lift to rear

Reaction score
They must have changed the instructions since i did mine. Mine said not to use anything past circlip 4 with the ORP suspension. You can go higher it just requires UCAs and will take you beyond a level so would make the truck nose high unless adding lift to rear
I bought the 5100's for the rear as well but those aren't adjustable obviously, so I guess I will find out this weekend how it goes. Unless anyone else has any other experience with this?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the 5100's for the rear as well but those aren't adjustable obviously, so I guess I will find out this weekend how it goes. Unless anyone else has any other experience with this?
did you get springs for the rear? if not then you don't have lift in the rear.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you guys, yea I just unboxed and watched a couple videos so ring 5 it is. Also I just bought the Falken Wild Peaks 295/70R18 and will be mounting these on my Stock Wheels. With the 5100's I should have no issue fitting these 35"s correct? Also are new upper control arms required for this to fit 35s? I have the tires showing up this Saturday and was hoping to install the lift on Saturday and take the wheels to a shop to mount balance and align. I just want to make sure I shouldn't have any hiccups.
You won't need UCA's to get an alignment. The stock uca's can limit the travel of the suspension and possibly cause damage over time when off roading. So, it is best to just change them out.

Vulpes

Reaction score
A ~3" lift with stock rims, and larger than stock tires, may cause the larger tires to rub against the UCA. Suggest putting stock rims and stock tires back on the vehicle first after the lift, then taking a measurement between the tire sidewall and the UCA. It may require a wheel spacer or a different offset.

This offset/suspension calculator comes in handy: Wheel Offset Calculator

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the Rebel instructions it only says to not go above ring 5. It doesn't mention UCA's. It does say you should get a roll cage though. Not kidding.

Hank78

Reaction score
Hi all, so at what point do you need to lower the front differential?

Ram Guru above says anything over 3" total on a rebel but most kits that are 1"-4" and especially spacers like 2.5" motofab, do not mention anything like that or provide parts for front differential drop.

What's the concensus?

Here's my 2020 with stock tires and 2.5 front 1.5 rear motofab and UCAs (in my opinion UCAs are necessary since stock are plastic composite crap).

I like a stock tire look. Only reason I lifted it because I'm installing a hidden winch (about 80lbs) and I usually tow a 6x12 V nose trailer.

20230215_084244.jpg

Hank78

Reaction score
Answered my own question after researching specs.

Anything more than 25.5" center of wheel hub to bottom of the fender, will be too much angle for the CV axles.

That said a 2.5" spacer on a Rebel is 3.5" total and at the maximum allowance (25").

MattB07

Reaction score
Answered my own question after researching specs.

Anything more than 25.5" center of wheel hub to bottom of the fender, will be too much angle for the CV axles.

That said a 2.5" spacer on a Rebel is 3.5" total and at the maximum allowance (25").
Hank, what's your current height to top of shark fin? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/