5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for recommendations from large dog owners

HAG1417

Reaction score
Hello all. Once my Limited gets here (ordered 7/16/2021) I will be looking for a cover that is easily installed and removed that will protect my rear seats from my German Shepherds. I would like to just open the door and they jump in. I really don’t want to trash my rear seats hauling my fur baby’s around in my new truck. Any and all comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just use a couple of Harbor Freight Moving blankets tucked into the seats. My dogs don't nest or dig too much so I only need to tuck them back in every now and then.

Now as far as keeping noseprints and slobber off the glass, forget it.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fold up the rear seats and put a couple of blankets on the floor. You can also put a fitted twin sized bed sheet to protect the bottom of the rear seats if you want as well.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Buy a quality seat hammock. Fits my two hounds perfectly, allows you to keep storage under it, and doesn’t let hair stick everywhere.

But make sure it’s one for a large truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spyder

Reaction score
Seat hammock in my new Rebel seems to be working pretty well. Keeps the dog off the seats and off the doors. I also put a ~$22 or so cover for the center console, since that's where she likes to drool 3 or 4 gallons per mile. I put a piece of plastic sheeting under it so the drool doesn't get through, and it's super easy to take off and wash whenever it gets hairy or dirty.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just use a couple of Harbor Freight Moving blankets tucked into the seats. My dogs don't nest or dig too much so I only need to tuck them back in every now and then.

Now as far as keeping noseprints and slobber off the glass, forget it.
That is what we use 20160218_191447.jpg 20141008_193628.jpg

We have blue ones camo ones and grey ones. They seem to hold up well and stay in place fairly well. And they are cheap...so not afraid to just toss them and get new.

Reaction score
Just got this for Christmas: https://www.weathertech.com/ram/202...row-seating-type/bucket-seating-with-console/

Already had to tote my 95lb GSD around in the rain. Very easy to install; loops for headrests and additional baby latch tiedowns (which are not necessary) along with something to stuff in the crack between seat cushion and back rest. Using just the headrest loops and the things to stuff inbetween cushions/backrests it stayed perfectly in place during our one use of it. Also noticed water beading up on it when opening the door to let the old girl in while it was raining. Unexpected and awesome gift, upset I never got this for myself earlier.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We purchased the Plush Paws Cargo Liner XL to cover the seat in any configuration. It hooks to the head rests and drapes down over the seat and also covers the floor. Or, I can fold the seat up on which case it covers the entire bottom of the folded seat and allows for me to double it up on floor area. Optionally, if hauling humans, I can remove it in less then twenty seconds, fold it up and tuck it under the seat.

It is waterproof, has rubber grippers on the bottom that don’t harm the upholstery but keeps it in place very well. This thing is durable and washable. I purchased the XL in black for $109 from Amazon and it works well in my Ram and my 90 pound pit mix has never complained. I have some pink hardboard insulation that I stacked and taped tigger so he has a platform to look out the window.

Attachments

• 434F344F-95E9-4CD4-8332-0AC1BF40B486.jpeg
    434F344F-95E9-4CD4-8332-0AC1BF40B486.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 38
  • CA5E8E42-35C1-41C4-8054-D1EC5214EC53.jpeg
    CA5E8E42-35C1-41C4-8054-D1EC5214EC53.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 027FB1DF-99DD-4272-9EB0-37F8A83F90CE.jpeg
    027FB1DF-99DD-4272-9EB0-37F8A83F90CE.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I knew someone would come through. Thank you this is “exactly “ what I was looking for but for who knows why I have never found it.
That’s sharp looking and a much larger cover than mine. I’m going to give that a try as I see it also protects the side of the truck as the dog is getting in/out - something mine does not have and my dogs nails have a way of catching the sill plate and scratching it all up.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It doesn’t cover the seal plate. But it does cover the sides of the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ccroce

Reaction score
Hello all. Once my Limited gets here (ordered 7/16/2021) I will be looking for a cover that is easily installed and removed that will protect my rear seats from my German Shepherds. I would like to just open the door and they jump in. I really don’t want to trash my rear seats hauling my fur baby’s around in my new truck. Any and all comments/suggestions will be appreciated.
I bought a nice, large dog bed and just put it in the back on the floor with the seats stowed up. Two would probably fit side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread