5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Pics of underside of Limited with Off Road Group

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That was 21, and may depend on package. Right in the build and price it says ORG gets blackwall. That's why I wondered if they were actually OWL now but turned in.

lsupcar

Reaction score
Ditto on the 12" screen. Liked the 8.4 better. FYI sidewalls are black on the wildpeaks. 2023 Laramie ORG group Night Edition.
Interesting on the comments about the 8.4 screen preference.
I too like buttons as opposed to navigating through menus on a screen and was satisfied with my test drives with the 12", which they all had.
Then last weekend, I test drove a 2020 Rebel with the 8.4 and thought it was pretty good with actual buttons for the various functions and the screen size was not too bad even for nav. Would I be crazy for ordering one with the 8.4 vs the 12". Haha. Don't even know if i could get the smaller screen on a Longhorn.

6of36

Reaction score
Interesting on the comments about the 8.4 screen preference.
I too like buttons as opposed to navigating through menus on a screen and was satisfied with my test drives with the 12", which they all had.
Then last weekend, I test drove a 2020 Rebel with the 8.4 and thought it was pretty good with actual buttons for the various functions and the screen size was not too bad even for nav. Would I be crazy for ordering one with the 8.4 vs the 12". Haha. Don't even know if i could get the smaller screen on a Longhorn.
You might be right about that. I do believe Laramie is still optional, But Limited is 12 standard. Could be for Longhorn too.

oe542bob

Reaction score
Ordered a 2022 Longhorn August 5th, 2022. Southfork addition. Waited 5 months till I got it.
Has ORG, Ramboxes, split tailgate, air ride, etc.
Yea, it rides 1” higher in the “normal” mode, but I found out too, that the ORG gives you only 4 settings instead of 5. Four settings are entry/exit, aero, normal and off road 1. I have it set to use “aero” mode for most driving.
ORG really doesn’t provide a higher ride height that the off road 2 gives you if you don’t have the ORG.
I also was a fan of having hard buttons for the seat and steering wheel heat. I ended up with the 12” because I also wanted the upgraded HK stereo system, and the HK was only available through ordering the Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group. Also if you want a divider with your Ramboxes, order the bed utility group.
Oh and be ready for sticker shock! It’ll be around $82k US window sticker.
Examples: 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn: all the bells & whistles was $60,270 MSRP
2018 Ram 1500 Limited: also loaded: $63,770 MSRP
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn ( does have more options that were not available on the 4th Gens: $80,460 MSRP
In 6 model years, price went up 33%. I do like my new truck, still find it hard to believe it was over $80k.
8F7FF6F0-68E3-44FF-99DC-B3DA08B44BC8.jpeg E317416F-F76E-4400-A1E4-3DCD7C060FA7.jpeg 24E8EAE1-5292-401F-82BF-26B061BF112E.jpeg

6of36

Reaction score
I found that out about ride height after I ordered. I won't order ORG when reordering. I don't off road, so I don"t need the skid plates. You can just leave in normal height, it will drop automatically above a certain speed, I think 55. That's when wind drag starts to matter. Everything jumped huge with inflation. My house doubled in price in the last 5 years. Not that I like it, but it's just the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online