5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Pics of underside of Limited with Off Road Group

lsupcar

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been reading many informative posts and searching as I try to decide on the specs for my new truck build.
I want a truck that i can take off road in North Louisiana. No rocks, but some hills and steep creek crossings and red mud bogs. But also a daily driver for white collar work with all the amenities. Also need to be able to tow a 7K boat/trailer combo on rare occasions.
My first choice is the brown interior and look of the limited longhorn with the air suspension and off road group. My worry is the off road capability and the front chin spoiler.
Is the chin spoiler still installed when the off rod group is optioned? Can It be removed and will the skid plates of the ORG extend up to the bumper like the rebel?
Are under vehicle pics of a limited with the ORG available?
Are the ORG tires of the limited comparable with the tires on the rebel? I know different sizes.
Also considering the Rebel, but not a fan of black interiors and prefer the look of the front of the Longhorn.
Thanks
I know I will have more questions.
Kind of cross shopping the Ford Tremor. But I like all the Ram options like the split tailgate, ram box, air suspension, coil springs all around.
Bill Z

ramhouston

Reaction score
Is the chin spoiler still installed when the off rod group is optioned? Can It be removed and will the skid plates of the ORG extend up to the bumper like the rebel?
front valence is present on all trims except for the Rebel. ORG skid plates do not extend all the way out like the Rebel ones.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
The tires that come with the ORG are the Falken Wildpeak AT3WA. They are a good A/T tire, but not as aggressive of a tread as the Duratracs on the Rebel or the after market Wildpeak AT3W tires. The AT3WA tires have great road manners, are good in the rain and decent in the snow, but probably not the best in the mud.

My Longhorn does not have the air suspension, but it already rides so soft and smooth I cannot imagine the air suspension being that much nicer of a ride. I put 275/60R20s on mine and now it rides softer still with the taller sidewall.

Attachments

• E3603BE0-27A0-499A-8913-1512E8C7750C.jpeg
    E3603BE0-27A0-499A-8913-1512E8C7750C.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 56

broken_vet

Reaction score
I have a '21 Limited with ORG, Rambox and split tailgate. Here are some pics underneath. The third pic is kind of showing the active air dam that lowers at roughly 30mph. Hope these help a bit. 20230212_101635.jpg 20230212_101648.jpg 20230212_101716.jpg 20230212_101738.jpg

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The tires that come with the ORG are the Falken Wildpeak AT3WA. They are a good A/T tire, but not as aggressive of a tread as the Duratracs on the Rebel or the after market Wildpeak AT3W tires. The AT3WA tires have great road manners, are good in the rain and decent in the snow, but probably not the best in the mud.

My Longhorn does not have the air suspension, but it already rides so soft and smooth I cannot imagine the air suspension being that much nicer of a ride. I put 275/60R20s on mine and now it rides softer still with the taller sidewall.
The air suspension isn't for a softer ride, it gives adjustable ride height. OP is looking for higher ride height to off road. Standard ride height of ORG is 1" higher. Air suspension raises 2 or 2 1/2 I think.

lsupcar

Reaction score
Thanks all.
Doesn't look like Broken vet has torn any under pieces off yet which is encouraging. Haha.
Broken vet, are those the factory supplied ORG tires?

6of36

Reaction score
Are they the " Falken Wildpeaks" or something like that, that are on 23s, or did they use a different tire?

broken_vet

Reaction score
Are they the " Falken Wildpeaks" or something like that, that are on 23s, or did they use a different tire?

It's the Falken. Grabbed a pic for ya. I apologize for the dirt, but supposed to snow again in a couple days.

20230213_111525.jpg

lsupcar

Reaction score
And Broken_vet.
Just have to ask, Are you loving the rambox and split tailgate and air suspension options? They, and the coil spring suspension, are the primary reasons I'm shopping Ram.
Trying to ensure I am making the right choice. With no vehicles like this on the dealer lot, it is hard to determine for myself prior to rolling the dice and placing an order.

6of36

Reaction score
And Broken_vet.
Just have to ask, Are you loving the rambox and split tailgate and air suspension options? They, and the coil spring suspension, are the primary reasons I'm shopping Ram.
Trying to ensure I am making the right choice. With no vehicles like this on the dealer lot, it is hard to determine for myself prior to rolling the dice and placing an order.
I don't know if he is on line, so I will give you my opinion. My truck is on it's way to the dealer, so I don't have it yet, but my good friend has all three things. Because he has them, is the reason my new on does. The biggest reason I special ordered is because no dealers around me stock Rambox trucks. There are only a couple trucks in the state of Michigan, with them, but they don't have my other wants. I decided the Ramboxes are a must after seeing his. He says he very rarely opens his tailgate down. Opening like a door with the cargo divider everything is right there with no reaching, and if something is farther in, the step makes it easier to get into the bed. It is way superior to the competitions set ups. I don't think he uses the air suspension on his much, but says in rides great. I got the air suspension, because I tow often, and like the idea of lowering, backing up, and raising, to hook up a trailer.

broken_vet

Reaction score
And Broken_vet.

I couldn't find any trucks in stock with all of these options either, so I ended up doing a custom order also. It was a long 15 weeks, but worth the wait. I've been very happy with the Ramboxes, split tailgate, and the air suspension. The Ramboxes hold a surprising amount of stuff but it is a bit of a trade off with bed space. I've been driving pickups since '87, so I was a bit concerned about giving up that bed space, but so far it hasn't been an issue. I'd definitely do the Ramboxes again. The split tailgate is great. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be a big deal, but I've only opened it up the standard way a few times. Probably sounds crazy, but I'd buy Ram just to get the barn doors. Air suspension has been good, and works great. I typically leave it in Aero height setting because IMHO it's the setting with the best ride and a tiny bit better hwy mpg. I'm pretty sure that Aero height setting on trucks with ORG is the same as the Normal height setting on non-ORG trucks.

I can't say that I have any real complaints with the truck. I thought I'd really like the 12" screen more than I do, and I miss the 8.4" that I had in my '14, but it's not a complaint, just a preference. I've been driving Rams(HD, and 1500) for 23 years, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that in those 23 years, aside from recalls, I've only had to have warranty work done 2 times. I hope I didn't just curse myself.

I'm happy to answer any questions or take more pics.

6of36 also did a great reply.

6of36

Reaction score
I couldn't find any trucks in stock with all of these options either, so I ended up doing a custom order also. It was a long 15 weeks, but worth the wait. I've been very happy with the Ramboxes, split tailgate, and the air suspension. The Ramboxes hold a surprising amount of stuff but it is a bit of a trade off with bed space. I've been driving pickups since '87, so I was a bit concerned about giving up that bed space, but so far it hasn't been an issue. I'd definitely do the Ramboxes again. The split tailgate is great. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be a big deal, but I've only opened it up the standard way a few times. Probably sounds crazy, but I'd buy Ram just to get the barn doors. Air suspension has been good, and works great. I typically leave it in Aero height setting because IMHO it's the setting with the best ride and a tiny bit better hwy mpg. I'm pretty sure that Aero height setting on trucks with ORG is the same as the Normal height setting on non-ORG trucks.

I can't say that I have any real complaints with the truck. I thought I'd really like the 12" screen more than I do, and I miss the 8.4" that I had in my '14, but it's not a complaint, just a preference. I've been driving Rams(HD, and 1500) for 23 years, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that in those 23 years, aside from recalls, I've only had to have warranty work done 2 times. I hope I didn't just curse myself.

The only real lost space, is if you load it up with plywood or something, you don't have the little cubbys in the corner to stuff small things. But syou could stuff that stuff in the Ramboxes. The Rambox bed is actually wider than the standard bed is between the wheelwells. I ordered ORG, and yes, aero height is the same, but normal height is 1" higher. Above, I think 40, they both lower to same height, then when slowing, they both raise, but off road raises the extra inch. It is designed for mileage. That is why they sit lower in front too. I saw a different thread, where it was mentioned where people raised the front to level for looks, and lost a couple MPG. Oh, I am disappointed in some of the features of the 12" also. When you get it you lose some of the control buttons you get with the 8". Things like heated steering wheel button. Heated steering gets way too hot in my opinion. I drive maybe 5 minutes, and turn it off. With 8" there is a button to push. with the 12", you have to go through screens to get to the proper screen to turn it off. Not as easy, while driving.

Last edited:

lsupcar

Reaction score
Thanks so much you two

The only real lost space, is if you load it up with plywood or something, you don't have the little cubbys in the corner to stuff small things. But syou could stuff that stuff in the Ramboxes. The Rambox bed is actually wider than the standard bed is between the wheelwells. I ordered ORG, and yes, aero height is the same, but normal height is 1" higher. Above, I think 40, they both lower to same height, then when slowing, they both raise, but off road raises the extra inch. It is designed for mileage. That is why they sit lower in front too. I saw a different thread, where it was mentioned where people raised the front to level for looks, and lost a couple MPG. Oh, I am disappointed in some of the features of the 12" also. When you get it you lose some of the control buttons you get with the 8". Things like heated steering wheel button. Heated steering gets way too hot in my opinion. I drive maybe 5 minutes, and turn it off. With 8" there is a button to push. with the 12", you have to go through screens to get to the proper screen to turn it off. Not as easy, while driving.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
Ditto on the 12" screen. Liked the 8.4 better. FYI sidewalls are black on the wildpeaks. 2023 Laramie ORG group Night Edition.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have night, and still blackwall.
The only thing I would change from factory on my truck is the white lettering showing on my Wild Peaks. But I can live with it until they need replacing, not worth the time and energy to flip and re-balance.

6of36

Reaction score
The only thing I would change from factory on my truck is the white lettering showing on my Wild Peaks. But I can live with it until they need replacing, not worth the time and energy to flip and re-balance.
I haven't got mine yet, I only saw blackwall on the pic the salesman sent when it arrived. Are they white letter in? I was assuming they were just black. I love OWL. If they are, I will be paying to have remounted.

broken_vet

Reaction score
I haven't got mine yet, I only saw blackwall on the pic the salesman sent when it arrived. Are they white letter in? I was assuming they were just black. I love OWL. If they are, I will be paying to have remounted.
Mine came with the OWL out.

Users who are viewing this thread