5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Lift/Suspension Advice

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I got the FabTech Dirt Logic 3" coil over kit on my 2019 Rebel this summer. I love it. Amazing off road, especially as speed and demand picks up. It was a HUGE upgrade. My profile pic was not taken with it. I am really happy with it both on and off road, though it is stiffer than stock. You would not be disappointed with it. I'm still running the OG tires, but moving to 35 x 12.5 on Monday.

Nice!

Dirt Logic is probably one of the more underrated systems out there nowadays since Fabtech doesn't market them anywhere near what Fox or King has done. Heck, most folks hardly know about them. Also doesn't help that Fabtech's reputation suffered from some miscues early-on (over a decade ago) but the newer products are built so much better with much improved valving.

Dirt Logic equipped trucks were prequalified in the Baja Trophy Truck and Class 7sx class (although greatly underrepresented when compared to Fox or King) but still have to be pretty decent to make the cut. Even so, I am pretty sure they don't have near the experience garnered from years of racing that Fox, King, and others have acquired but Dirt Logic products will continue to evolve as they get more experience too. Even so, I thought I would try them out too for a change of pace since I have run desert/mountain trails with ICON, Fox, and King systems on various builds in the past. I can attest when off-roading that the Dirt Logic's are legit (for up to moderate off-roading at least). However, Fox and King offer more extensive and extreme systems but then price goes up exponentially. For some, brand recognition is very important but for normal street use and moderate wheeling, I think most will be really happy with the Dirt Logics.

Edit: Grammatical corrections

Last edited:

graham5david

Reaction score
I am interested in the dirt logic kit but the website states "can't be used with factory rims" is this true? I like the rebel rims

Rebel27

Reaction score
Hey saw some questions regarding BDS 4” lift on this forum. I have a 2019 Rebel with BDS 4” lift on 35x12.50.18
I’ve had it on for a few months. The ride is very stiff. I feel every single bump because my shocks have no play in them at all. Took it to a shop and got quoted $5000 for custom made Kings that’ll take about 20 weeks to make. The shop mentioned how stiff the front end is which explains my crappy ride quality. I’m wondering if anyone who has a BDS 4” non air ride has swapped out the spacer and stock shocks for something else a little less costly? Called icon, fox, BDS, and Radflo. All couldn’t help me besides King so far.

Attachments

• CD1B326B-6D2A-4A47-ADAA-B50ED7AC4B82.jpeg
    CD1B326B-6D2A-4A47-ADAA-B50ED7AC4B82.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Chica999

Reaction score
Hey saw some questions regarding BDS 4” lift on this forum. I have a 2019 Rebel with BDS 4” lift on 35x12.50.18
I’ve had it on for a few months. The ride is very stiff. I feel every single bump because my shocks have no play in them at all. Took it to a shop and got quoted $5000 for custom made Kings that’ll take about 20 weeks to make. The shop mentioned how stiff the front end is which explains my crappy ride quality. I’m wondering if anyone who has a BDS 4” non air ride has swapped out the spacer and stock shocks for something else a little less costly? Called icon, fox, BDS, and Radflo. All couldn’t help me besides King so far.
Did you get this worked out? I was leaning towards that lift.

Cert2.0

Reaction score
this is great happy we're looking into this, I'm looking at the 4 inch bds lift, 21 rebel air ride. I know they fit the 20 year but haven't seen the release for the 21 yet, I'm sure its just them saying it works on the 21 as well I don't think anything has changed on the truck, other than that what have you guys found that works . I think falcon shocks might be worth looking into keep my eye on those kings

Chica999

Reaction score
Not yet. Still waiting on my king coilovers in hopes it won’t be as stiff
I hope that helps but lets be real, if the shock is the correct size and not some off brand garbage this isn't the issue. I would look at taking it to another shop. BDS is the only kit I can see that takes CV angles, steering and ride quality into account. I am thinking there is improper torque specs going on.

CamsRam2020

Reaction score
I first put a 3.5 inch Ready Lift on my 2020 Ram 1500 and the ride significantly decreased. So I waited to get the 2inch BDS Lift with DSC Fox coilovers and all I can say is amazing and well worth the extra money. The truck performs outstanding on and off-road. Clearance could be higher - but it still looks great with power amps.

CamsRam2020

Reaction score
Also - I did add 35’s in 18 inch wheels. There was some cutting involved but nothing major.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I first put a 3.5 inch Ready Lift on my 2020 Ram 1500 and the ride significantly decreased. So I waited to get the 2inch BDS Lift with DSC Fox coilovers and all I can say is amazing and well worth the extra money. The truck performs outstanding on and off-road. Clearance could be higher - but it still looks great with power amps.
Pics??

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Can you use the DSC strut with the 4" kit?

I'm looking for a solution and don't think I want to go to a 6" lift.

rlb1130

Reaction score
first off I highly highly recommend to not exceed a 2" spacer on the rebel with factory struts. The rebel is already 1" higher than a non offroad ram, any higher and youre asking for your ball joints or cv axles to go out. The 3.5 kit sucks because it compresses your springs thus changing the springs rate which gives it a bouncy ride. It also puts the rebel at a 4" lift practically because its already at +1" from factory. If you're going with coil overs id skip dirt logic( I can't believe dirt logic tried selling a 4" kit with out a cross member relocation or a spindle) and get some fox or kings for a few extra dollars. I've never heard any of my buddies say thay they love their dirt logics but I have heard that about fox and king. Falcons are a bang for the buck and they actually teamed up with a lot of people to do R&D specifically for the rebel(something dirt logic did not do).
I rode a readylift 2" spacer with their upper control arm and have nothing bad to say about their kit. I abused the hell out of my truck until I needed more.
My suggestion would be the 2" readylift if you're on a budget, the falcons if you don't mind spending more and if you're willing to go all out then pull the trigger on the fox/bds kit or king shocks(you will still need to purchase an upper control arm with the king coil overs.. does not include one)

https://www.readylift.com/2-front-l...]https://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1664F

The 3.5" kit only increases lift by 2.5. I notced a slight decrease in ride quality but I also pulled the 18" rims and went with 20" and
first off I highly highly recommend to not exceed a 2" spacer on the rebel with factory struts. The rebel is already 1" higher than a non offroad ram, any higher and youre asking for your ball joints or cv axles to go out. The 3.5 kit sucks because it compresses your springs thus changing the springs rate which gives it a bouncy ride. It also puts the rebel at a 4" lift practically because its already at +1" from factory. If you're going with coil overs id skip dirt logic( I can't believe dirt logic tried selling a 4" kit with out a cross member relocation or a spindle) and get some fox or kings for a few extra dollars. I've never heard any of my buddies say thay they love their dirt logics but I have heard that about fox and king. Falcons are a bang for the buck and they actually teamed up with a lot of people to do R&D specifically for the rebel(something dirt logic did not do).
I rode a readylift 2" spacer with their upper control arm and have nothing bad to say about their kit. I abused the hell out of my truck until I needed more.
My suggestion would be the 2" readylift if you're on a budget, the falcons if you don't mind spending more and if you're willing to go all out then pull the trigger on the fox/bds kit or king shocks(you will still need to purchase an upper control arm with the king coil overs.. does not include one)

The 3.5 ready lift only increases lift by 2.5" and puts it almost level. Still a very small rake. I noticed a minimal ride quality decrease (pavement) but hard to guage as also added 20" rims and new 35" BF Goodrich K02's. I suspect the new tire/rim combo had greater impact. Doubtful I will see much trail riding but will be interested to see the impact when towing.

Users who are viewing this thread